Your Call

bauba30

I said at the time on the thread debating the banner that even if it is true, unfurling the banner on that day just left us wide open for attack from all sides. Chick Young waded in, and now Timmy is joining in.

Just because someone couldn't wait a week or two to make a snide attack Celtic - again, we let ourselves down.

Quite frankly though, I am surprised it has taken this long

We didnae run away fae Gretna. We tried to boost our chances against Lyon. Don't fall for their typical twisting of the situation. :)

In a way we did run away from Gretna - we thought a match against them would have taxed us enough to affect our play in midweek against Lyon

If it had been Celtic or Aberdeen away or a match like that, fair enough, but Gretna!

it looked bad then and I still think it was a mistake - nothing breeds confidence more than winning and that was an opportunity to tear into a bad side, go 3 or 4 up and then bring on 3 backups in the 2nd half to rest some legs.

So now when we accuse Celtic of using the ODonnell situation to their benefit (although Walter Smith has publicly said that Celtic came to Gers first before going to SFA) we have no case to stand for without looking like hypocrites.

basically on this one, we backed ourselves into a corner

We didnae run away fae Gretna. We tried to boost our chances against Lyon. Don't fall for their typical twisting of the situation. :)

In a way we did run away from Gretna - we thought a match against them would have taxed us enough to affect our play in midweek against Lyon

If it had been Celtic or Aberdeen away or a match like that, fair enough, but Gretna!

it looked bad then and I still think it was a mistake - nothing breeds confidence more than winning and that was an opportunity to tear into a bad side, go 3 or 4 up and then bring on 3 backups in the 2nd half to rest some legs.

So now when we accuse Celtic of using the ODonnell situation to their benefit (although Walter Smith has publicly said that Celtic came to Gers first before going to SFA) we have no case to stand for without looking like hypocrites.

basically on this one, we backed ourselves into a corner

Any game takes something out of you (and remember that Celtic struggled to beat Gretna). Also we were protecting our players from injury. This is typical of certain Celtic fans: take two situations with a superficial similarity and try to portray them as identical.

As for Celtic coming to Rangers first, I'm not sure that that was what happened. According to the statement on our club website the SPL approached Rangers after Celtic had gone to them and Rangers said OK.

As for Celtic coming to Rangers first, I'm not sure that that was what happened. According to the statement on our club website the SPL approached Rangers after Celtic had gone to them and Rangers said OK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is my understanding as well. According to SSN,Rangers & Celtic met and agreed that the game would go ahead.

I was on Kerrydale st,. site that night and posted on here that the Tims were flooding the site with posts calling for the cancellation of the game. Riverdance and Naka where being widely touted as being available (plus any new signings) for the new date.Next day,my understanding is that Celtic approached SPL requesting a postponement and the SPL contacted Rangers.

Would Celtic use a mans death for their own advantage?

Would they cover for a manager doing a hatchet job on their rivals?

Would they cover for a peado and save themselves instead of the kids?

You tell me ,Bauba.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is my understanding as well. According to SSN,Rangers & Celtic met and agreed that the game would go ahead.

I was on Kerrydale st,. site that night and posted on here that the Tims were flooding the site with posts calling for the cancellation of the game. Riverdance and Naka where being widely touted as being available (plus any new signings) for the new date.Next day,my understanding is that Celtic approached SPL requesting a postponement and the SPL contacted Rangers.

You tell me ,Bauba.

Well they did 2 of the three for sure - though as I say, Chico and Walter seem to back me up on this one. But of course you know better

You tell me ,Bauba.

Well they did 2 of the three for sure - though as I say, Chico and Walter seem to back me up on this one. But of course you know better

bauba funny how when their best manager died celtic player played in a game for days later, yet players who never even knew the motherwell player were to devestated to play the game. :rolleyes: