Ian Black

Rohan

I'd be a better option than Adam or Faye!

Maybe if he continues to develop and perform and plays consistant for a couple of seasons then we could think about him. We have to start looking to sign quality.

I'd be a better option than Adam or Faye!

Maybe if he continues to develop and perform and plays consistant for a couple of seasons then we could think about him. We have to start looking to sign quality.

I agree that we need a few out and out quality players, but it wouldn't hurt to also sign a few more squad players too.

The lack of anybody to really come in and replace Thomson highlights this.

The only thing I like about him is that he's a hardy wee b*stard who likes to get stuck in. Bit of a hot head. But it's time for our young guns to step up before we go around signing SPL mediocrity.

Why should we want to bring in more players who are nowhere near good enough, it only brings our overall quality down.Players tend to be at these clubs because that is their level; as Muffger said spl mediocrity.

Black was dominated by Fleck in the last reserve match against Caley and spent most of the game throwing tantrums at the ref and anyone near him.

To be honest, I think he'd do a decent short-term job in Thomson's absence. If we got him for £200,000 to £350,000, it wouldn't be bad business.

As for Charlie Adam, he can be woeful for 70/80 mins, then amazing in three match defining incidents. Whilst I understand the fans' frustrations, I think that suck barracking can only worsen his performance. Look at Hutton.

If he can concentrate on just doing the simple stuff competently, unless he's in clear shooting range, then he'd actually be an asset. He still offers more than Faye.

I'd also suggest Barry Robson as an option for this period.

However, if we're looking for creativity, work-rate and productivity from midfield with an emphasis on attack, then isn't it time to consider Buffel? We could give him a nice warm up with East Fife and St Mirren coming up.

To be honest, I think he'd do a decent short-term job in Thomson's absence. If we got him for £200,000 to £350,000, it wouldn't be bad business.

As for Charlie Adam, he can be woeful for 70/80 mins, then amazing in three match defining incidents. Whilst I understand the fans' frustrations, I think that suck barracking can only worsen his performance. Look at Hutton.

If he can concentrate on just doing the simple stuff competently, unless he's in clear shooting range, then he'd actually be an asset. He still offers more than Faye.

I'd also suggest Barry Robson as an option for this period.

However, if we're looking for creativity, work-rate and productivity from midfield with an emphasis on attack, then isn't it time to consider Buffel? We could give him a nice warm up with East Fife and St Mirren coming up.

I would go along with both of these suggestions - but there are problems with both. BR is too expensively priced by D. Utd to justify a stop-gap purchase.

Buffel is either so far out of Walters plans that he is beyond consideration, or (more likely) Walter's hands are tied politically by the supposed financial clause to his former Club in his contract.

If TB is still here when the window closes I would suspect we will use him and pay the fee, if there is a chance he will move on - walt will oblige.

I must say I like Barry Robson, he carries a mundane D.Utd side and I think he would flourish on our left hand side - offering more than Charlie......

it may also allow us to play 4-4-2 and Boyd can have the partner he needs to stay here.