Will We Sign Anyone?

BargeddieBear

I'm getting really tired of this. All that seems to be happening is players wanting to leave(Cousin) or players being kicked out by SDM(Huttom). There was talk of Samaras coming in but yet again Celtic have got in there before us or we've decided we dont want him which would be disgraceful cosidering our striking options right now. If Walter does'nt bring someone in before thursday i believe that the title is in jeopardy we need a decent attacking centre midfielder, a centre half and a target man striker. All that in 2 Days eh?

PS: Lafferty is NOT the answer

we absolutely need a Cousin replacement. It could be our hands are tied until his deal finally goes through and on whether Hutton goes. Problem is its taking so long so its getting really tense and reducing our options the longer it drags on to its final conclusion

I can only see us bringing in a replacement keeper if the Carroll deal is finalised, apart from that I will be surprised if Walter signs any new faces. I think Walter feels he has a decent enough squad of players to see us through the rest of the season and hopefully to the SPL title.

The Hutton and Cousin money and any other cash Walter has available will be kept for the summer IMO. I just hope he uses it to bring in 3-4 quality signings rather then 6-8 squad players. The foundations were laid in the summer and the squad depth was brought in, what we need now is those handfull of top qulity players to take us to that next level.

No way of knowing, but I would rather sign no-one than a complete fucking donkey last minute.

Aye same with memate and thats why i think Walter and co have really messed this one up. Both Cousin and Hutton will go in IMO but we wont have enought time to bring in a Quality player and mayend up with a donkey i.e Lafferty

I can only see us bringing in a replacement keeper if the Carroll deal is finalised, apart from that I will be surprised if Walter signs any new faces. I think Walter feels he has a decent enough squad of players to see us through the rest of the season and hopefully to the SPL title.

The Hutton and Cousin money and any other cash Walter has available will be kept for the summer IMO. I just hope he uses it to bring in 3-4 quality signings rather then 6-8 squad players. The foundations were laid in the summer and the squad depth was brought in, what we need now is those handfull of top qulity players to take us to that next level.

Hear hear well said. Walter said this last week or not?

I think Rangers needs a right-back defender, a left-back defender and a right-sided midfielder. The striking option are not a problem because there's a list of players you could use, like Naismith, Boyd, Novo, Darcheville, Gow and Buffel plus a couple of youngsters. McCulloch can be a striker if needed.

The problems are that Walter Smith needs to sign a couple of right-footed players for right-back and right-side midfield, and a left-back player in case Smith gets injured again. Papac is okay, but doesn't give attacking options because he won't run forward a lot. Why use Novo as a right wing when he scored 25 goals in his first season as a striker?

That's the best team I could think of:-

- McGregor/G Smith -

- Whittaker/??? - Cuellar/Webster - Weir/Broadfoot - S Smith/Papac -

- Burke/??? - Ferguson/??? - Thomson/Hemdani - McCulloch/Adam -

- Naismith/Boyd - Darcheville/Novo -

Beasley is out for the season. Gow & Buffel are the last option to use for Walter Smith. I don't know about youngsters well. Heard a few youngsters are improving their skills very well.

it has become our style to sign players last minute it seems so i wouldn't be too surprised to see one or two new faces at ibrox before thursday midnight.

we'll just have to wait and see what walter comes up with. i'm also gutted that hutton has left us(or was forced to leave us), but we're just going to have to trust walter - he's not let us down so far.

Really don't think its essential and I am happy enough with the squad we have. I like the way Walter is talking about having enough money to spend but not being abloe to identify the right quality. We have a big enough squad, lets start identifying the right quality of player to take us to the next level. Thats unlikely to happen in this window

I'm getting really tired of this. All that seems to be happening is players wanting to leave(Cousin) or players being kicked out by SDM(Huttom). There was talk of Samaras coming in but yet again Celtic have got in there before us or we've decided we dont want him which would be disgraceful cosidering our striking options right now. If Walter does'nt bring someone in before thursday i believe that the title is in jeopardy we need a decent attacking centre midfielder, a centre half and a target man striker. All that in 2 Days eh?

PS: Lafferty is NOT the answer

Yes we will. Christian Dailly .