***The Alan Hutton Thread***

gemzgers

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bbc understands that the deal wont go through till the summer http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...pur/7212899.stm

Hopefully thats the end of it for now!!

One thing though, do you think they'd be stupid enough to do a deal so that he could go in the summer at the same price, seeing as how we accepted a bid already...

I touched on a situation about this whole moving the summer thing a couple of days ago, and if anything, his value would go up between now and the end of the season. Hypothetically, What if we won the uefa cup with hutton playing an important part in that? surely that would force his value up? Even him gaining an end of season award would allow us to demand more PLUS there would probably be more clubs in for him, so agreeing to sell him now is just daft

(Link)

Hutton plays hard to get as Tottenham sit and wait

THE tantalising guessing game over Alan Hutton's immediate future showed no sign of abating last night, when the Scotland defender returned from London to train with Rangers after listening to the latest deal being offered by his relentless suitors Tottenham Hotspur.

Hutton, who has until midnight on Thursday to conclude a proposed £8 million move to White Hart Lane should he opt to play out the remainder of this season in Juande Ramos's side, refused to comment on the negotiations as he drove away from Rangers' Murray Park training base yesterday.

Having already accepted a bid of £8 million from the English Premier League club, Rangers have left the decision squarely with Hutton, possibly on the basis that every player has his price, but the 23-year-old has already turned Spurs down once this month and may do so again, despite his trip south.

It is believed Hutton may be reluctant to cut short a highly promising season at Ibrox, which sees Rangers leading the Scottish Premier League by four points and still involved in the UEFA Cup, Scottish Cup and CIS Cup. Rather than switching clubs this week, the right wing-back may decide his best option is to commit his short-term future to Rangers, then follow up Spurs' offer again in the summer. Rumours Hutton may be holding out for interest from Manchester United also persist.

Hutton, who signed a new five-year contract with Rangers last July, is due to line up for Walter Smith's side against Hearts at Hampden tomorrow in the semi-finals of the CIS Cup, and he participated in a full training session yesterday with that game in mind.

As far as Rangers are concerned, the SPL leaders are treating Hutton's situation as an ongoing issue, but they do not consider his position to have significantly changed since last week.

Smith has indicated he would be delighted to hold on to a player who has been instrumental in their recent surge to the top of the league, but there is no doubt the Ibrox board would welcome such a significant transfer fee.

Rangers also have an able deputy in Steven Whittaker, who scored a double in Rangers' weekend win over St Mirren, and played in Hutton's position during his time at Hibs.

Tottenham last night completed the £7 million signing of Jonathan Woodgate from Middlesbrough, and Ramos is keen to add Hutton to a reinforced defence.

The attack-minded Scotland defender is viewed as a natural replacement for Pascal Chimbonda, who has been linked with Newcastle and Sevilla. Tottenham clearly feel they have nothing to lose by continuing to pursue the player, but they may be forced to wait until the summer window before they get their man.

:P

It'll be a tense few days where I hope beyond hope Hutton sticks too his guns :(

I hope he doesn't ^_^

Still, if he does stay where he is, he'll:

a) have showed himself to be a good guy, as very as a good footballer

b) be able so stay with Rangers and hopefully win them the title, before........

c) hopefully joining Spurs in the summer after remember how much we wanted him before ;)

I still hope he signs for Spurs in the coming days though. As you said: going to be a very tense few days :(

I hope he doesn't ^_^

Still, if he does stay where he is, he'll:

a) have showed himself to be a good guy, as very as a good footballer

b) be able so stay with Rangers and hopefully win them the title, before........

c) hopefully joining Spurs in the summer after remember how much we wanted him before ;)

I still hope he signs for Spurs in the coming days though. As you said: going to be a very tense few days :(

You have every reason to be confident, I feel like a rape victim without the pleasantries

I hope he joins Spurs too but in July.

Spurs have and always have been one of the best footballing sides in the UK and Hutton will fit in nicely.

But let him win the league with us and then he can go....

If he goes now then it's panic buy on Thursday for us again....maybe.

Dunno how old this story is? just saw it the now on team talk anyways..

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...3031746,00.html

Tottenham have officially ended their pursuit of Rangers and Scotland full-back Alan Hutton after he turned down a move to north London