***The Alan Hutton Thread***

gemzgers

The tims have signed Samaras on loan. Walter signs another player for Celtic. :rolleyes:

Can't say I'm pleased. He's a player I'd have taken for us for sure.

I just don't understand why they need another striker when they are weakest in defence and midfield. It really does seem as if Strapon is waiting for Walter to make a move in the transfer market and then going for him.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tims have signed Samaras on loan. Walter signs another player for Celtic. :rolleyes:

I just don't understand why they need another striker when they are weakest in defence and midfield. It really does seem as if Strapon is waiting for Walter to make a move in the transfer market and then going for him.

There's no 'seem' about it m8.

This is what WGS does. And he always has.

exactly my thoughts...it will cause a bit of disturbance in the dressing room as well what will JvH and McDonald be thinking

exactly my thoughts...it will cause a bit of disturbance in the dressing room as well what will JvH and McDonald be thinking

Good!! disturbance in their dressing room is good for us, reduces the team spirit in the team, which will be important in the run in! However having said that if Hutton is to go and no one is brought in, then similar feelings of team discontent could surface within our team, let's hope not though

GONE FOR GOOD?

Hutton Leaves Rangers For Spurs In £9m Deal

Jan 29 2008 By Keith Jackson

RANGERS defender Alan Hutton jetted to London this morning to finally accept his £9million ticket to Spurs.

Record Sport can reveal Hutton decided late on Monday night that the latest White Hart lane offer - which will treble his Ibrox wages - was simply too rich to turn down.

The 23-year-old Scotland international drove to the club's Murray Park training HQ to empty his locker at midnight and was booked onto a breakfast time flight to Heathrow.

Spurs boss Jaunde Ramos is expected to confirm Hutton's transfer later today when he rubberstamps a deal to make the full-back the most expensive Scottish outfield player of all time.

ALAN HUTTON flew to London today to complete a Scottish record £10m move to Spurs.

The 23-year-old full-back finally made up his mind at midnight to leave Rangers before the transfer window closes on Thursday.

Hutton has faced a dilemma since the London giants moved for him at the start of this month, and he has changed his mind several times in this transfer saga.

The Gers star had talks at White Hart Lane on Sunday with Spurs boss Juande Ramos and Director of Football Damien Comolli, before returning late in the evening.

advertisement

He spent last night mulling things over with his family and partner Kylie, who is due to give birth to their second child next month.

And this morning, the agent brokering the deal - Robert Segal - booked him onto a flight out of Glasgow after getting word Hutton was now ready to accept the life-changing move.

Barring any last-minute hitches - or even another change of heart - the six-times capped Scotland international will be on his way.

Rangers will bank £8m now, with some £2m in various add-ons and clauses. Hutton is believed to be getting a £1m signing-on fee, to which both clubs will contribute, plus wages of £33,000-a-week - almost three times what he's on at Ibrox.

Walter Smith will now use the Hutton cash to strengthen his squad before the Thursday deadline.

Rangers also hope to learn today if Daniel Cousin's £3m transfer to Fulham has been given the go-ahead from Fifa, although they could leave all parties concerned in a sweat.

The Ibrox side have had to back away from several striker deals - including Man City's Georgios Samaras - as they await official word that Cousin is off the books.

Fifa admitted today the Gabonese striker's case is before them, but a spokesman said: "We have opened a file on Cousin's appeal and are gathering information from relevant parties. But there is no way of saying just how long that will take."

Cousin has been training with Fulham all week and is confident his transfer will be granted, as are Rangers. He said: "I am confident, convinced that everything will be sorted out and I can play for Fulham."

Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson added: "It's no secret we have everything agreed with Rangers over Daniel. But it is subject to an appeal. I am hopeful that will be granted, because he played just 20 minutes as a sub for Lens before being transferred to Rangers. And that seems a harsh penalty."

Thomas Buffel, meantime, was on his way back to Glasgow today after a loan move to Cologne fell through.

The Belgian held talks with the Germans yesterday, but they did not want to pay a loan fee.

Rangers' hunt for another keeper goes on after Dundee United's Gregorz Szamotulski scupperd any chance of a move with his wage demands. The Pole's contract will expire tomorrow.

GONE FOR GOOD?

RANGERS defender Alan Hutton jetted to London this morning to finally accept his £9million ticket to Spurs.

Record Sport can reveal Hutton decided late on Monday night that the latest White Hart lane offer - which will treble his Ibrox wages - was simply too rich to turn down.

The 23-year-old Scotland international drove to the club's Murray Park training HQ to empty his locker at midnight and was booked onto a breakfast time flight to Heathrow.

Spurs boss Jaunde Ramos is expected to confirm Hutton's transfer later today when he rubberstamps a deal to make the full-back the most expensive Scottish outfield player of all time.

ALAN HUTTON flew to London today to complete a Scottish record £10m move to Spurs.

The 23-year-old full-back finally made up his mind at midnight to leave Rangers before the transfer window closes on Thursday.

Hutton has faced a dilemma since the London giants moved for him at the start of this month, and he has changed his mind several times in this transfer saga.

The Gers star had talks at White Hart Lane on Sunday with Spurs boss Juande Ramos and Director of Football Damien Comolli, before returning late in the evening.

advertisement

He spent last night mulling things over with his family and partner Kylie, who is due to give birth to their second child next month.

And this morning, the agent brokering the deal - Robert Segal - booked him onto a flight out of Glasgow after getting word Hutton was now ready to accept the life-changing move.

Barring any last-minute hitches - or even another change of heart - the six-times capped Scotland international will be on his way.

Rangers will bank £8m now, with some £2m in various add-ons and clauses. Hutton is believed to be getting a £1m signing-on fee, to which both clubs will contribute, plus wages of £33,000-a-week - almost three times what he's on at Ibrox.

Walter Smith will now use the Hutton cash to strengthen his squad before the Thursday deadline.

Rangers also hope to learn today if Daniel Cousin's £3m transfer to Fulham has been given the go-ahead from Fifa, although they could leave all parties concerned in a sweat.

The Ibrox side have had to back away from several striker deals - including Man City's Georgios Samaras - as they await official word that Cousin is off the books.

Fifa admitted today the Gabonese striker's case is before them, but a spokesman said: "We have opened a file on Cousin's appeal and are gathering information from relevant parties. But there is no way of saying just how long that will take."

Cousin has been training with Fulham all week and is confident his transfer will be granted, as are Rangers. He said: "I am confident, convinced that everything will be sorted out and I can play for Fulham."

Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson added: "It's no secret we have everything agreed with Rangers over Daniel. But it is subject to an appeal. I am hopeful that will be granted, because he played just 20 minutes as a sub for Lens before being transferred to Rangers. And that seems a harsh penalty."

Thomas Buffel, meantime, was on his way back to Glasgow today after a loan move to Cologne fell through.

The Belgian held talks with the Germans yesterday, but they did not want to pay a loan fee.

Rangers' hunt for another keeper goes on after Dundee United's Gregorz Szamotulski scupperd any chance of a move with his wage demands. The Pole's contract will expire tomorrow.

Already posted the latter.

GONE FOR GOOD?

advertisement

nnoooooooooooooo

BBC latest 2 minutes ago

Hutton's Spurs saga continues on

on his way back down :(

Rangers defender Alan Hutton has once again travelled to London to continue signing talks with Spurs, BBC Scotland understands.

The two clubs agreed a fee of about £8m over three weeks ago but it remains unclear if Hutton, 23, will remain with the Scottish Premier League leaders.

Spurs had improved the terms on offer to the Scotland international and the decision remains with the player.

Rangers say nothing has changed since the transfer fee was agreed.

Hutton signed a new five-year deal with the Ibrox side last July and any potential move to the north London club looked over after the player rejected a second bid.

But Spurs manager Juande Ramos has rekindled his interest in the six-times capped attacking right-back.

Hutton travelled to London for talks on Sunday, but returned to Murray Park for training the following day.

He is once again back in London, where it appears that he is very much in demand.

I'll be furious if this is the case!

Theres a number of serioes issues relalted to this situation:

1. Why, a club of Rangers size, cannot hold onto one of their best players, if not THE best player, for at least another 5 months, nevermind on a long term basis.

2. Why our chairmen and upstairs men have no obvious ambition in winning the league title back from Celtic.

3. The fact that we cannot reward a player who wants to play for us and has been in great form and make him feel welcome at a club he loves.

4. We do not have a lot of time to get in a replacement - even though hutton is virtually impossible to replace (he's young, talanted, in form, loves our team), even if we spent £8 on one player.

If this deal goes through...which looks very likely now :(, I'm afraid I will have lost nearly all faith in how Rangers are being run as the great football club that they should be!

Well we can still take the title. Hutton is a good player, but there are players out there who can fill the gap. Of course that is only going to happen if we get the money for huttons sale. I have to admit I think it is a good sell. £8 million for a player who came through the ranks and has in effect only been playing good football for a little less than a year.

Wish we could offload charlie adam for 8 mill too

I'll be furious if this is the case!

Theres a number of serioes issues relalted to this situation:

1. Why, a club of Rangers size, cannot hold onto one of their best players, if not THE best player, for at least another 5 months, nevermind on a long term basis.

2. Why our chairmen and upstairs men have no obvious ambition in winning the league title back from Celtic.

3. The fact that we cannot reward a player who wants to play for us and has been in great form and make him feel welcome at a club he loves.

4. We do not have a lot of time to get in a replacement - even though hutton is virtually impossible to replace (he's young, talanted, in form, loves our team), even if we spent £8 on one player.

If this deal goes through...which looks very likely now :(, I'm afraid I will have lost nearly all faith in how Rangers are being run as the great football club that they should be!

it would cost more than £8 for a player mate :rangers:

1. They can hold on to him, they don't want to. They see £8 million and think good deal, can get more palyers in for that money.

2. Same answer as above

3. We don't know he is not being made to feel welcome. No one knows if he is being puished out the door. He hired an agent who deals with Spurs to get him the best deal possible. That kinda suggests he wants the move.

4. I am sure that once the deal was accepted by Rangers WS was out targeting players to replace him and maybe get one or two others. Although I can't say for certain that is the case. Only time will tel

I have a few sellick minded mates over here in DC (don't shoot me), and they have been saying since the transfer window opened that the league title would go to us if (a) they never signed a full back (which they have done) and (b) signed another striker, which in Samaras they have also done. Apart from McDonald they all reckoned that the rest were shite and if he got injured then they were done for.

With Hutton now gone, Cousin more or less gone it will be interesting too see how much of that £12mil will be spent before midnight on Thursday. I can only hope that there are deals already in place for players and that we haven't been shafted price wise as they all knew what we could be getting for Hutton.

Rangers Official Site

Hutton On His Way To Spurs

ALAN HUTTON is set to become Scotland's most expensive player as he closes in on moving to Tottenham Hostpur today.

The Rangers full back has been chased by the London side all of this month and now they have got their man.

It is understood that the transfer fee could top the £9million Sunderland paid to Hearts for Craig Gordon, which is the current Scottish transfer fee record.

Rangers' previous transfer record was £8.5m when Giovanni van Bronckhorst moved to Arsenal in the summer of 2001.

Rangers agreed a fee with Tottenham at the beginning of January but the 23-year-old intially turned down the chance to join Juande Ramos's side.

However, Spurs persisted in their overtures and following further discussions with the hugely talented Scotland star an agreement was reached. Once the formalities are completed, the deal will be done later today.

Hutton cleared out his locker at Murray Park and said farewell to his Rangers team mates, wishing them every success in their chase for the Championship.

Now Alan could be handed a fantastic debut against Manchester United on Saturday at White Hart Lane and has the Carling Cup Final to look forward to on February 24 when Spurs face Chelsea at Wembley.

MORE ON THIS STORY AS IT DEVELOPS

Well i have been in denial all morning but this looks like the deal is done.

No matter what we all feel about the ins and outs of this deal i think Alan Hutton deserves a good luck at least.

All the best for the future Alan, never forget you will always be a Ranger no matter where the future takes. :rangers: