Superbowl

brissyger

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH BEAUTY !!!!!

TAKE THAT, YA CHEATING BASSAS.

I am actually delighted by this, can you no tell? :D:D:D

Fantastic finish,eh! DP? you know what they say, the quarterback is only as good as the protection he gets.Take a bow the Giants pass rush,they were

truely GIANTS yesterday. (tu)

Fantastic finish,eh! DP? you know what they say, the quarterback is only as good as the protection he gets.Take a bow the Giants pass rush,they were

Giants D line was immense all day long yesterday - Brady looked like a rabbit in the headlights for a good portion of the game. That escape by Eli and the catch by Tyree was the stuff of legend - don't know how in the world they managed to do it! It's like a morgue around where I live and in Boston today,and here I am walkin' on sunshine! :D

As a colts fan i couldn't be anymore happier that the Pats failed to get 19-0!

My brother is a Colts fan as well, so we had a right good gloat at the end of the game! 99% of the people here in Massachusetts now HATE the Manning brothers with a passion, but for me, well... I am proud to be a member of the blessed 1%! :huzzah2: :huzzah: partay :huzzah: :huzzah2:

Didn't watch it, hate with an almighty passion even more than Celtic.

I may even like it if it didn't have Football in its name but it does.

However it was nice and proper to hear the Soupbowl preview man say 'its the best audience outside a world cup year' and then I swore at the telly and turned over to Only Fools and Horses.

Real Football prevails against the idiot americans.

Stop posting in the threads then.

Ach its only once a year :craphead:

Thank f*ck! :lol:

However it was nice and proper to hear the Soupbowl preview man say 'its the best audience outside a world cup year' and then I swore at the telly and turned over to Only Fools and Horses.

Actually, Boab, I agree that the SB is an an overblown, over-hyped National Embarrassment that is so obscenely over-priced that the common fans can't afford to go, and the "World Champs" stuff sticks in my craw when they're not even champs of North America, but I'm so delighted the Pats lost that I can overlook all of that rubbish. I still enjoy the game, though it also galls me to call it "Football" when the ball touches the foot for, what... maybe a few seconds total in a 3 hour game? Don't look for logic here, 'cause you won't be finding any m8. :D

Actually, Boab, I agree that the SB is an an overblown, over-hyped National Embarrassment that is so obscenely over-priced that the common fans can't afford to go, and the "World Champs" stuff sticks in my craw when they're not even champs of North America, but I'm so delighted the Pats lost that I can overlook all of that rubbish. I still enjoy the game, though it also galls me to call it "Football" when the ball touches the foot for, what... maybe a few seconds total in a 3 hour game? Don't look for logic here, 'cause you won't be finding any m8. :D

(tu) I can understand you liking the activity after staying there for so long, nearly.

However I think Goal Machine could perhaps take one or 2 things into perspective tbh.

There's been an 'NFL Talk' thread for quite some time now and I havn't posted anything in it with any malice and secondly if I was/am critical about the Gridiron and the Soupbowl in particular once a year then IMO it can do little harm and maybe become an RM tradition! :)

Surely Eli's 4th quarter drive has to go down as one of the best in SB history?

Good to see Bill Belichick storming off at the end of the game too. But yep, as was said in this thread before, a QB is only as good as his O-line, and while the Patriots O-line has been phenomenal this season, they just got bullied by the Giants D.

(tu) I can understand you liking the activity after staying there for so long, nearly.

However I think Goal Machine could perhaps take one or 2 things into perspective tbh.

There's been an 'NFL Talk' thread for quite some time now and I havn't posted anything in it with any malice and secondly if I was/am critical about the Gridiron and the Soupbowl in particular once a year then IMO it can do little harm and maybe become an RM tradition! :)

You know that the thread is going to be about American Football so why post in it.

It's the same with the wrestling thread. People go in and say it's crap for no reason.

The drive before by the Pats was just as exciting to be honest and Brady pulled off some sublime passes despite the fact that he had been getting trampled all night. I don't think much shakes the guy. I think people get bored with the constant stoppages and stuff but that's what makes American Football and baseball exciting for me. The anticipation and build up. Football is more fluid those two sports are more explosive. Don't get me wrong football is my favourite but a TD after a beautifully crafted drive at a vital point in the game or a homerun with the bases loaded and a full count are excititng as hell too.

For the people who get so worked up that they call it football you need to lighten up. I don't care if they call it football, my problem is they call football soccer. They can't say it's to avoid confusion either because rugby league, rugby union, aussie rules and real football are called football in this country (although Australians until recently have called it soccer too). Wouldn't expect the Americans to be able to get their heads around the concept of multiple sports being called football though.

Oh and the World Champs thing really bugs me too. How egocentric are Americans that they think their national championship is the equivalent of a world championship. I guess for the MLB and NFL being the pinnacle of those sports there's a case but it's still arrogant and presumptuous.

You know that the thread is going to be about American Football so why post in it.

It's the same with the wrestling thread. People go in and say it's crap for no reason.

I do have a reason though! :harhar:

Nevertheless, I was pretty fair with I said.

For the people who get so worked up that they call it football you need to lighten up. I don't care if they call it football, my problem is they call football soccer. They can't say it's to avoid confusion either because rugby league, rugby union, aussie rules and real football are called football in this country (although Australians until recently have called it soccer too). Wouldn't expect the Americans to be able to get their heads around the concept of multiple sports being called football though.

Firstly, I've got no problem with you Brissy and enjoy reading many of your posts (tu)

And maybe you've got a point about the Americans not being smart enough to comprehend football actually being soccer. Sad though IMO.

Wrote an article a while back: http://www.fundamentalsoccer.com/members/RobertRyan.html

It was a actually a rant 3 or 4 years ago tbh by e-mail and the owner of the site said he'd like it as an article.

I still feel the same tbh I'd be a better writing it now :lol:

It really was fantastic to watch!! Exciting doesn't do it justice! I agree with a previous poster that Eli's final drive was 1 of the best ever in NFL history! What a performance from the giants, it was well worth staying up for! Cannot wait for next season now.

On a different note, who has all signed up to apply for tickets for the next NFL game in london this year between the chargers and the saints, I have and hope I get as lucky as I did last time in getting a ticket!!

You can sign up on the NFLUK website!!

Firstly, I've got no problem with you Brissy and enjoy reading many of your posts (tu)

And maybe you've got a point about the Americans not being smart enough to comprehend football actually being soccer. Sad though IMO.

Wrote an article a while back: http://www.fundamentalsoccer.com/members/RobertRyan.html

It was a actually a rant 3 or 4 years ago tbh by e-mail and the owner of the site said he'd like it as an article.

I still feel the same tbh I'd be a better writing it now :lol:

Haha no probs mate. Read your article and your right your writing has improved a bit since then, less repetitive :P

Yeah I get where your coming from but I guess I've grown to accept it that a lot of my mates are going to continue calling it soccer. I just take the piss out of them and go "What the hell is sockah?". Most of the guys will laugh it off and correct themselves. Think most fans of the sport in Australia and the US know it's football and think of it as that but are so used to those not familiar with the game calling it soccer they get in the habit themselves. Me, I just continue saying football and if people don't realise I mean the one with the spherical ball then tough. Doesn't stop me enjoying other codes of "football" though.

Great game - two good teams giving 110%. Best Super Bowl in years!!

NY really performed - played out of their skins.

(tu) (tu)

Too bad Washington never made it to the big show,they could have played out of their Redskins. :harhar:

Giants D line was immense all day long yesterday - Brady looked like a rabbit in the headlights for a good portion of the game. That escape by Eli and the catch by Tyree was the stuff of legend - don't know how in the world they managed to do it! It's like a morgue around where I live and in Boston today,and here I am walkin' on sunshine! :D

That Tyree snag,and the missed interception on the previous play,was what totally finished the Paddy's. :lol:(tu)