DaMarcus Beasley?

TheMightyGer

I hear he is out for the season, agree with u tho mightyger really like him and thought he was in really good form when the injury happened

Lets just hope he is back sooner rather than later

Never really thought he did that well for us. Hope you're right though.

But for me none if his performances stick in my mind.

Whereas for the other players who have impressed me this season, i can mentions games etc. Hutton, Ferguson, Thomson, Cuellar, Hemdani, Cousin, Burke. But not Beasley????

I know wot u mean 'keepbelievin' but i just felt when he was playing he looked as tho he was good for a goal. But like u say, I cant really pick out a game and say he was outstanding. Hope am not bein 2 contradictory there lol

its a shame because he would have thrived in a forward position of the forward 3 we have been playing of late.

exactly, when he played on either the left or right, he was expected to basically take a ball from the full back, and beat a man - we saw he was not that god at that.

If he was on the left of our front 3, he would have the full back, and also the midfield trio being able to supply him with balls, and also lets him get into the box more directly, rather than just down the wing.

I look forward to seeing himback in that formation (tu)

I hear he is out for the season, agree with u tho mightyger really like him and thought he was in really good form when the injury happened

Lets just hope he is back sooner rather than later

Never really thought he did that well for us. Hope you're right though.

But for me none if his performances stick in my mind.

Whereas for the other players who have impressed me this season, i can mentions games etc. Hutton, Ferguson, Thomson, Cuellar, Hemdani, Cousin, Burke. But not Beasley????

Won us loads of penalties and free kicks. Also the only person in the entire Rangers team who can hit a decent cross...

The U.S.-Mexico match just finished (by far our biggest rival is Mexico) and Damarcus was badly missed. The game ended in a 2-2 tie, his pace and solid passing was needed on the left.

Apparently everyone here has a very short memory because in the game against Lyon in France- Beasley, Cousin, and Hemdani won Gers the match. I also thought he drew more free kicks and penalties in the first quarter of the SPL season than anyone. Even playing on his off wing foot, he was dangerous and had an excellent partnership with Hutton.

Beasley answers Rangers' need for additional at left wing for next season assuming he returns to form. His crossing and corners are also pluses.

His preferred position is the left wing in a 4-3-3, and he is less likely to be shrugged off the ball, because he can utilize his pace- especially in Europe. Hopefully, he can offer Gers more of the same next season.

If he recovers in time, he will play a part in U.S. World Cup Qualifying this summer. He will probably begin rehabbing the knee injury in March.

Don't forget how little Walter Smith paid for him. Tremendous value for 700,000 pounds.

I like de Marcus..i think his attitude was great most games and thought he adapted to Scottish football well for a guy who was taught the way to play football was on the deck with pass and move....not lump it as far as possible and hope for a knock on.

He will be missed for the run in. People tend to forget what he does for the side. Forward thinking player who gets into the defenders faces and if you knock him down he just gets back up and has another go.He will always cause problems and when he scores you can see what it means to him.Will definately be a key player next season and when you think what you get for £700,000 these days,he has to be the bargain of the season.Anyone can get injured and I think he will come back a much stronger player and I cant wait to see him in the jersey again.

He'll need to lose some serious weight before i would consider him again for the first team

You do know we are talking about Beasley here, not Boyd or Adam!

I think we can assume his tongue was firmly in his cheek there :craphead:

I think he's a great player.

Played at a higher level constantly than any other of our players, and he's not played a bit part role either.

If he hadn't got injured, wee Burke wouldn't have got a look in. He's faster, a better crosser and more experience than Burke, but he's also got a cracking attitude. Gets kicked about a lot, but just gets up and gets on with it.

Still think he's a bargain for £700k, will show just how good he is next season. Our system right now would have suited him down to a tee as well :(

His decision making is the reason why there wasn't another 0 on the end of his transfer fee, in my opinion.

As it has been said, he is lightning quick, has a great attitude and always looks likely to bag a goal.

But, I think he needs to hit the by-line a lot more. He seems very reluctant to take on the full-back, despite him being a lot faster and a far superior player. He would rather play it safe and pass it back. I just think that wingers need to take that chance or two and have a go.

His decision making is the reason why there wasn't another 0 on the end of his transfer fee, in my opinion.

As it has been said, he is lightning quick, has a great attitude and always looks likely to bag a goal.

But, I think he needs to hit the by-line a lot more. He seems very reluctant to take on the full-back, despite him being a lot faster and a far superior player. He would rather play it safe and pass it back. I just think that wingers need to take that chance or two and have a go.

I'd give him a wee bit more time. Better players than Beasley have failed in the SPL.

However, I have seen him rip apart AC and Lyon from PSV's right wing, I have no reason to expect to see him fail in this league.

Tokely from ICT is still having nightmares about the 1st game of the season :P