Hot Potato Syndrome

disgruntled_bear

I still cant get my head round to the fact that we cant Pass the ball, what is Walter,Ally and co teaching the Players in training.Every Second touch is a punt up the park, It's embarrassing that a Professional football club cant do the basic skills that you can find at Amateur level!

When they are not punting thr ball up the park, The passes made are either to the opposition or behind the intended target.

Lack of basic footballing skills at a Club like Rangers is not acceptable.

We also play in straight lines, which is easy to defend against. Noone makes an angle to recieve the ball.

When they are not punting thr ball up the park, The passes made are either to the opposition or behind the intended target.

We also play in straight lines, which is easy to defend against. Noone makes an angle to recieve the ball.

It's a bad night when even Hemdani can't complete a simple square pass.

The Falkirk match was an example to our players how hard it is to get possession when the other side passes and moves, an art our players do not seem tounderstand.

There is more basic footballing ability in an under 10's side. Watching Rangers is like watching Sunday league pub football. It is absolutely terrible.

What do they work on in training, how do they go about it and why has it not been sorted out?

There is more basic footballing ability in an under 10's side. Watching Rangers is like watching Sunday league pub football. It is absolutely terrible.

What do they work on in training, how do they go about it and why has it not been sorted out?

Because the results are ok - not performances - i think they will not be too bothered - unfortunately

They will work on a defensive set up - plain for us all to see

Because the results are ok - not performances - i think they will not be too bothered - unfortunately

They will work on a defensive set up - plain for us all to see

Thats probably true and one of the things i don't like. Fans who fork out to go to games and pay for Setanta to watch them on the TV or fans who travel distances to watch them deserve to be entertained but instead they just seem satisfied serving up terrible football. Its a bit of in insult to the fans not even trying to entertain them.

The Falkirk match was an example to our players how hard it is to get possession when the other side passes and moves, an art our players do not seem tounderstand.

:(

Ray Wilkins once said, my favourite and the best football pundit there is IMO, 'If you have the ball, they can't score' - ~Great quote

Its the Scottish mentality.

Having 9 scottish players in our team for SPL matches does not do us any favours. We need quality and quality players are not Scottish.

Yes they give you effort and will put their bodies on the line, But that is not enough.

I agree, my Under 10s do play better football than the Gers 1st team quite often. Balls through the middle, 1st touch passing, a build-up of passing to achieve width

Having 9 scottish players in our team for SPL matches does not do us any favours. We need quality and quality players are not Scottish.

Yes they give you effort and will put their bodies on the line, But that is not enough.

Exactly. You need a core of Scots but not a whole f*kn team. Unfortunatley, Super's vision of an all Scottish Rangers side seem's true and that's why I reckon Kenny Miller will be back come the summer.

Exactly. You need a core of Scots but not a whole f*kn team. Unfortunatley, Super's vision of an all Scottish Rangers side seem's true and that's why I reckon Kenny Miller will be back come the summer.

Super Ally certainly rates Kenny Miller - i would hate to se him at ibrox , but I have thought that about several players

Darren Fletcher will be another target, as will Steven Fletcher.

Al Hutton money spent on these players

Miller and the two Fletcher's along with Dailly getting a longer contract.

You forgot the Big Contract Barry Ferguson is getting <cr>

Who cares how we play if we win the league?Its the end result that counts over the means surely?Well,yeah.Like everyone else I,m sick of watching the dross served up at Ibrox these days mainly because its a complete eyesore but,Im sure I,m not alone in this,I get the feeling that,if this is the extent of our ability,we are living on borrowed time.Even the best teams lose a few games but playing like this surely its only a matter of time.The poverty of play is really terrible.every back pass,square ball and,oh christ no again!,big punt up the park give the impression of a team barely able to master the basics of the game and as for retaining possession.............f*cking hell.Well,it stinks but maybe the strategy will see us through and we can look forward to another championship and,surely to christ,spending a few quid on some FOOTBALLERS.

You forgot the Big Contract Barry Ferguson is getting <cr>

Hemdani, Cousin and Cuellar will be sold to make way for them doh

Who cares how we play if we win the league?Its the end result that counts over the means surely?Well,yeah.Like everyone else I,m sick of watching the dross served up at Ibrox these days mainly because its a complete eyesore but,Im sure I,m not alone in this,I get the feeling that,if this is the extent of our ability,we are living on borrowed time.Even the best teams lose a few games but playing like this surely its only a matter of time.The poverty of play is really terrible.every back pass,square ball and,oh christ no again!,big punt up the park give the impression of a team barely able to master the basics of the game and as for retaining possession.............f*cking hell.Well,it stinks but maybe the strategy will see us through and we can look forward to another championship and,surely to christ,spending a few quid on some FOOTBALLERS.

IF we win the League.

Big IF

IF we win the League.

Big IF

I honestly believe , our hope in winning the league title is the only reason WS is not getting more stick , we would not accept this if we were not top of the league, I come away from games thinking how bad we were, but then saying at least we won , i appreciate he had to stop the team losing goals and stabilise the club , but he seems to make a substitution at the same time each game , cannot remember many of his substitutions changing the game though , if there were no doubt i will be informed

first ever thing told to me at primary school football team was don't throw a shy back the way and don't pass back, alway's try to play the ball forward. something we don't see too often ,too many 2 yard passes, as if there saying " i don't want it you take it".

The players basically can pass the ball around quite well as long as it is going sideways or backwards. When the ball is played forward it is either not accurate; the forward player cant control the speed of it; it never quite reaches the target; or is just a big hopeful punt. D Weir in particular is horrendous when trying to pass forward.

The basic triangular play can and is often done, but when the opening is set for the vital forward pass, 9 times out of 10 the player with the ball is too slow to see the opening and leads the runner into an offside position. Either that or he sees the chance has gone and lo behold we get a backward or pass the buck pass. (B Ferguson special.)

Running off the ball into space is clearly not practiced. LM and CA cant run anyway.

Taking throw-ins is most definitely not practiced.

Corner kicks and free kicks are generally embarrassing.

These are all BASICS. AS MuffGer says - just what do they practice at training?

Does JCD do anything as he looks so unfit?

The players basically can pass the ball around quite well as long as it is going sideways or backwards. When the ball is played forward it is either not accurate; the forward player cant control the speed of it; it never quite reaches the target; or is just a big hopeful punt. D Weir in particular is horrendous when trying to pass forward.

The basic triangular play can and is often done, but when the opening is set for the vital forward pass, 9 times out of 10 the player with the ball is too slow to see the opening and leads the runner into an offside position. Either that or he sees the chance has gone and lo behold we get a backward or pass the buck pass. (B Ferguson special.)

Running off the ball into space is clearly not practiced. LM and CA cant run anyway.

Taking throw-ins is most definitely not practiced.

Corner kicks and free kicks are generally embarrassing.

These are all BASICS. AS MuffGer says - just what do they practice at training?

Does JCD do anything as he looks so unfit?

I believe JCD has a specialy designed training schedule to protect his hamstring , and any other injuries he has - which means he is doing very little

first ever thing told to me at primary school football team was don't throw a shy back the way and don't pass back, alway's try to play the ball forward. something we don't see too often ,too many 2 yard passes, as if there saying " i don't want it you take it".

And then we have some complaining about the long ball...

I think Darcheville has to drop down the pecking order now. Guy's like Naismith, Novo and Boyd should be played ahead of him. He's unfit and for a striker, his shooting and taking chances is awful.

I think Darcheville has to drop down the pecking order now. Guy's like Naismith, Novo and Boyd should be played ahead of him. He's unfit and for a striker, his shooting and taking chances is awful.

I still dont think JCD is any better than Sebo and thats saying something, in the summer we should punt him out he door