Daniel Cousin Stays

sneddon

This past week has us coming up smelling of roses. Webster,Smith,Thompson all back. Davis looking as though he might well be the best of the bunch AND we still have him on loan until the end of the season. One of our key strikers,Cousin, staying. If he still wants to go to Fulham next season then a straight swop is a possibility. (for Davis) This leaves WS with more money in the kitty for next year. Its all ifs and buts at the minute but I think I,ve died and gone to heaven.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was a no lose situation for us. We get ti hold on to a very able forward for the remaider of the season at least. Fair enough we maybe don't have the extra dough for recruiting right at the start of the transfer window,but I'd rather have the depth in the squad while we're fighting on 4 fronts

With players coming back from injury, Cousin staying and Walter rotating the squad theres no reason why we can't win the treble and go even further in the uefa cup. So great news Cousins staying as JCD obv still not free from injuries

what a pack of morons at fifa. Why take so long to make the decision? All they had to do was say no weeks ago and that would have been the end of it. Glad hes staying now as we need all the strikers we have for the title run in. He will more than likely go in the summer but whether we will get the £3m for him then is another matter. I reckon fulham are going down anyway so i doubt he will want to go there in the summer.

Guess he'll be playing the lone striker role against Werder Bremen on Thursday night then!

Hope not!

So who do you think'll play then - Boyd? (Doubt it - on the Panathanikos performance) McCulloch - maybe - my money's on Cousin.

Boyd done better than mcculoch did up front on his own. IMO

However , i would go with cousin or maybee suprisingly Novo upfront on there own vs bremen. Novo done gd vs hearts on his own.

Guess he'll be playing the lone striker role against Werder Bremen on Thursday night then!

Hope not!

So who do you think'll play then - Boyd? (Doubt it - on the Panathanikos performance) McCulloch - maybe - my money's on Cousin.

I want us to play 2 upfront at home and 1 away, i would go with Cousin + Naismith/Novo (tu)

Hope not!

I want us to play 2 upfront at home and 1 away, i would go with Cousin + Naismith/Novo (tu)

No chance we'll play 2 up front mate. It'll be one up & i hope it's Cousin

I said from the start of the season that Cousin could be the kind of frontman we need to bring us Euro success. I've had my doubts about what he can bring to the scottish game, but i genuinely believe if he commits himself, we could be in a strong position for the UEFA Cup. Sorry, but Boyd just can't do it and Novo has still to prove he can do it in the real pressure games - he's blown one too many chances for me. Despite all that, I still love the wee guy and for his goal against Pana especially. This could be his year of growing into a true prolific Euro based goalscorer - we shall see.

But for me, Cousin would be the choice if he's fit and hungry.

After failing to bring in a striker in January, this is like a new signing. On top of Davis and Dailly. Plus we also have Thomson, Webster and Smith back.

I don't think you could really ask for more tbh.

Nah, its very good to have all these players thrown into the mix and touch wood, Walter has used them all very well so far and in the addition of Smith and Webster we start to look even stronger.