Daniel Cousin

papaguy51

I've said for a while, along with others on this board, that Cousin is in fact an absolutley cracking player.

Does our recent dip in form, arguably coinciding with him being out, show just how valuable he is to our team?

Cousin is a very valuable player, no doubts about it, like him a LOT - yet if he had been playing vs DU rather than Boyd we would have lost the cup imo.

On the contrary IMO.

If Cousin had been playing, surely Walter would have went with two up front? If so, we would have won that game in the first half, again IMO.

Cousin is a very valuable player, no doubts about it, like him a LOT - yet if he had been playing vs DU rather than Boyd we would have lost the cup imo.

If he had started instead of lumbering Lee we might not have needed extra time. All ifs and buts I know, however he would be my first striking option playing the system that Walter set out. He can hold the ball, has a good touch, and has strength and pace while our other strikers do not have all these.

cousin is a talented player and definetly my first choice for the lone striker role. Glad he didnt leave in the window but i dont think he will still be here at the end of the summer transfer window. Anyone know a return date for him? Just wondering if he will be back for the game at the piggery. I hope so.

cousin is a talented player and definetly my first choice for the lone striker role. Glad he didnt leave in the window but i dont think he will still be here at the end of the summer transfer window. Anyone know a return date for him? Just wondering if he will be back for the game at the piggery. I hope so.

Back in non contact training but looks to be middle of April for playing games.

Everytime I see a thread started with Cousin in the title, I just have this tiny bit of hope in me that he might just, somehow, be rushed back for the Old Firm game at Ibrox. Perhaps with some protective mask of Zorro effort. Not going to happen though, is it, going by the noises from the coaching staff :(

We miss him badly. The big man has been great for us, and I still can't believe that some fans saw fit to boo his name when read out before games, never mind the abuse he took on the park.

Hurry back, Daniel (tu)

On the contrary IMO.

If Cousin had been playing, surely Walter would have went with two up front? If so, we would have won that game in the first half, again IMO.

Walter was always going to play 1 up front in an important game.

It will be the same vs Hibs on saturday most likely, but I hope I am wrong.

Ive always been a big critic of Cousin but i was gutted when he got injured because he was playing really well.

I dont think though, that we can blame our 1 game slump on one player.

Everyone thinks were doing shit but we fuking won a cup last weekend we cant be doing too bad!

I would have liked Cousin back for the unwashed as he is the best we have playing upfront himself but its not going to be...

Will be interesting to see what SMith will do coz McCulloch is abysmal up on his own! And i doubt he will change from his 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Anyone got any predictions for team?

Ive always been a big critic of Cousin but i was gutted when he got injured because he was playing really well.

Everyone thinks were doing shit but we fuking won a cup last weekend we cant be doing too bad!

I would have liked Cousin back for the unwashed as he is the best we have playing upfront himself but its not going to be...

Will be interesting to see what SMith will do coz McCulloch is abysmal up on his own! And i doubt he will change from his 4-5-1/4-3-3.

One game slump? Result wise, possibly.

But we've been poor up front since Cousin done his jaw.

with cousin . there is less long ball shite

the long ball tactics are shite , against ddu inthe final we played long or high balls up to novo,against

their defence of Wilkie @6'6" and that young lad (forgot his name) @6'4", fuckin joke wasnt till we started playing it on the deck we got any joy- thanks to super sub.

For the Old Firm ? I reckon Walter will go with:

________________McGregor

Dailly______Cuellar______Weir______Papac

__________Hemdani____Thomson

_____Davis______Ferguson______McCulloch

_______________Darcheville

The only change I can see to that side would be Broadfoot in for Hemdani or Thomson, with Dailly moving into midfield.

One game slump? Result wise, possibly.

But we've been poor up front since Cousin done his jaw.

Apart from the Bremen game Cousin wasnt that hot before he got injured either... He didnt play against Hearts, was good against Gretna and i cant even remember if he played against Aberdeen!

Really looking at it we have played 2 poor games in the past month, he would have been much better than McCulloch against Utd but i doubt he would have done anything against Thistle! We just werent supposed to win.

I would like him to be back but i dont think the reason we are playing poorly is due to him not playing.

For the Old Firm ? I reckon Walter will go with:

________________McGregor

Dailly______Cuellar______Weir______Papac

__________Hemdani____Thomson

_____Davis______Ferguson______McCulloch

_______________Darcheville

The only change I can see to that side would be Broadfoot in for Hemdani or Thomson, with Dailly moving into midfield.

Yeh i agree there mate,

but you forgot Smiths bumchum, Adam will play!

We definitely miss Cousins ability to hold the ball up and keep moves from the midfield going. No other striker at the club seems capable of doing that at the moment.

• Novo - Atrocious at holding the ball up, especially on those frequent days that he tends to lose his first touch and therefore all ability to control the ball
  • Boyd - More or less the same as above
  • McCulloch - More or less the same as above
  • Naismith - When played up front and not on the wing and unlike last season for Killie, Naisy seems to have lost his first touch for us
  • Darch - Better running onto ball but, well......he's rarely fit

Bring back the cousin!!

Yes we are missing Cousin as no-one else at the club can play the lone role. He was very good in the 6 games before he got injured.

If Darcheville picks up an injury and missed the Old Firm match then I will be very worried. The sooner Cousin is back, the better!

with cousin . there is less long ball shite

the long ball tactics are shite , against ddu inthe final we played long or high balls up to novo,against

their defence of Wilkie @6'6" and that young lad (forgot his name) @6'4", fuckin joke wasnt till we started playing it on the deck we got any joy- thanks to super sub.

Novo?

I've said for a while, along with others on this board, that Cousin is in fact an absolutley cracking player.

Does our recent dip in form, arguably coinciding with him being out, show just how valuable he is to our team?

He has the ability to do some things up front that are very valuable to the team. I am seeing it moreso now. Can't wait until his return.

I must of been watching a different game?

Maybe Jeff was playing Pro Evo or FIFA and it just looked like the telly cause the graphics are so good :harhar: