Trouble in Portugal?

Muff

Na, just that f*kn prick Spiers spouting more p*sh.

Let us suspend our cynicism for a moment over Rangers’ announcement yesterday that they have bought up all their away allocation of tickets for the forthcoming Uefa Cup tie against Sporting Lisbon in order to hand them free of charge to loyal supporters.

The announcement was made by Martin Bain, the Rangers chief executive, who has impressed in recent years with his awareness of the football club/fan dynamic and how to make it work. Despite many headaches, Bain’s commitment to making a success of Rangers has been remarkable.

Rangers’ recent history is blighted with various off-field afflictions, and Bain, along with Kenny Scott, the club’s head of security, have done all in their might to convince certain Ibrox supporters’ groups to move with the club into the 21st century. I would say they are succeeding.

In this context it wouldn’t do to be naive about what Rangers are accomplishing, as well as saying “thank you†to fans, in buying up their allocation of Lisbon tickets. The club is highly wary of the potential for trouble in three weeks’ time, in a part of Europe where the culture of policing and Rangers fans haven’t always made for a happy marriage, and Bain and Scott have thus doubly ensured that the tickets they have for the Sporting tie will fall into the right hands.

What a load of b*llocks and he knows it. We've been to Portugal recently, Madeira(Maritimo) and Porto(FC Porto) and both times there was no trouble unless of course my eye's were painted on. The Portuguese and Spanish policing is totally different.

Also, just because Rangers bought the official allocation it doesn't mean that's the only Bears who will travel.

Thousands will be there without tickets and get into the ground.

Spiers is just a prick who spouts nothing but inane drivel about our Club.

Portugal of course is our oldest ally in the region and I'm sure much of that good will still remains.

Spiers of course has never been any stranger to "the football club/fan dynamic and how to make it work", in fact it hardly seems like any time at all since he was proclaiming himself a bluenose to try and flog his appalling little book :craphead:

Bain and Scott have thus doubly ensured that the tickets they have for the Sporting tie will fall into the right hands.

Whats to say certain people receiving the tickets might not cause trouble anyway? wtf is this guy trying to do? do editors even look at this bollocks before its printed??

madeira was one of the freindliest places ive been to the locals and the police couldnt do enough for us

whats the old saying sometimes one of your own can be more critical than an outsider looking in(and i know for a fact he used to be a bear)

even in porto the fans and police were fine ive been 4 times to portugal for rangers games and only the first time in portos old ground was there any hassle and all that was some porto fans were throwing missiles at us but it wasnt too bad

Bain and Scott have thus doubly ensured that the tickets they have for the Sporting tie will fall into the right hands.

Whats to say certain people receiving the tickets might not cause trouble anyway? wtf is this guy trying to do? do editors even look at this bollocks before its printed??

Good question bluemeanie, he seems to get away with spouting any pish he wants. The guy is a poisonous little shit and should be ignored, but while he prints this garbage, our club's name gets needlessly slandered.

He's a prick :mad:

"He used to be a bluenose", I cant really understand that statement but I know what you mean. You mean when Murray was playing the game with the press and Spiers got his hands on a couple of diamond stories from Ibrox which enhanced his career, he was happy to sit in the Directors box with the rest of them. Now the diamonds are being kept in the vault and Spiers career has peaked, he now describes Murray as the master and the press as the lapdog, to which he wants no part of. You cannot not be a Rangers fan if YOU ARE ONE in my opinion. You can have opinion, agree, disagree, cry, laugh, fight, but you never, ever should LIE, or create spin in a negative fashion. Its Spiers's forte and this story is a pile of puke.

I think Oleg posted that this is the first time a club has done this for the fans, a nice gesture dont you think ? Not for Spiers unfortunately. Put this gesture on ra Sellik foot, what do you think he'd print.

BTW I hear there was some serious IRA singing at the game yesterday in Livingston, well nothing reported on that eh ?