Damarcus Beasley

Cumbria_blue

On a serious note, is he the lightest professional footballer in the world? He must be close.

In terms of weight, the lightest player, weighing 57 kilograms, is Damarcus Beasley from the United States, while Argentine striker Gabriel Batistuta is the heaviest with 100 kilograms.

From a pretty old article!

he never really got going before he got injured. He hadn't settled yet into the style of the SPL, could be christmas by the time we are seeing him settled - that's if he gets the chances in the team.

One thing's for sure we'd be better off with him on the left than either LM or CA

hes one of Walters signing, ofcourse he'll get another chance.

cant wait till hes back on that right wing.

TBH DMB was a real disappointment, he didnt offer the team much imo.

I think he contributed quite a lot when he played. But I think a lot of bears were expecting an old fashioned type winger in the Willie henderson mold (though obviously not as good) who would fly past people and get the ball in the box. But he isnt quite that kind of player.

And tbh the main reason why I started this thread is because an American friend of mine asked how he was getting on, and then I realised I'd actually not heard anything about him for ages!

On a serious note, is he the lightest professional footballer in the world? He must be close.

I hate this pseudo criticism of DMB.

We didn't buy him to play the John Hartson role, so who cares if he's light? He's fast as lightning and can put in a good cross/corner, that's all I want from my winger.

Plus he's got a good attitude, doesn't mind tracking back and just keeps getting up even when the SPL hammer throwers are raking their studs down his ankle.

What's the deal with him? He's still injured I take it, but I havent heard anything about him for ages, like "how's he doing?" or "When will he be back?" etc. It's wierd that we never hear about him, like he's the forgotten man or something. Anyone have any news on him at all?

he's in scotland just now ,met back up with the team and coaching staff. he'll be over for the game as well.

We didn't buy him to play the John Hartson role, so who cares if he's light? He's fast as lightning and can put in a good cross/corner, that's all I want from my winger.

Plus he's got a good attitude, doesn't mind tracking back and just keeps getting up even when the SPL hammer throwers are raking their studs down his ankle.

Exactly man,

DMB first game for us was against one of if not thee dirtiest player in the SPL, Ross Tokley. Beasley ran him ragged but Tokley kicked him up and down and he still got up and kept on going. More than Burke does!!

I like Beasley and i think he offers us a massive threat on the left hand side! Can score goals too, his goals against Hearts, Zeta and Lyon were all great goals!

Hurry back DMB....much better than Adam and McCulloch!

Exactly man,

DMB first game for us was against one of if not thee dirtiest player in the SPL, Ross Tokley. Beasley ran him ragged but Tokley kicked him up and down and he still got up and kept on going. More than Burke does!!

I like Beasley and i think he offers us a massive threat on the left hand side! Can score goals too, his goals against Hearts, Zeta and Lyon were all great goals!

Hurry back DMB....much better than Adam and McCulloch!

exactly, cant agree more with what you both said there

i think we've missed him tbh. great attitude and ok could be knocked ova easy, catching him to knock him ova wasn't easy. some of our best performances this season hav been when he's playing. lyon anyone?

HE PREFERS TO PLAY ON THE LEFT. For the last time.

Are you sure? :D

Beasley on the left and a top class RM/W with Davis, Thomson and Ferguson in the middle and a quality ST.

Let's hope Beasley makes a full recovery and this injury doesn't plague the rest of his career.