If the New Redevelopment succeeds

nvager

What will this mean to Rangers?

Will we have sufficient funds to buy quality players and be able to challenge the EPL for players?

Will we have a realistic chance in the CL?

Can we look for say 20 in a row SPL titles?

Or is this just a pipe dream?

I don't think anyone can make an educated guess on the subject until we know more (much more) than we know already...

First off, who will fund the venture? Rangers cannot afford it and I'm unsure HBOS will allow MIH to either.

There is a lot of uncertainty in a project like this nvager, I'm not reading anything into the figures of income 'generated' yet.

If all true, in a perfect world, we would be able to compete with most teams. Man Utd would still have a significant advantage over us due to their commerical success across the world.

I think it would benefit us obviously but the profit would be dented with the majority being paid out to Investors as i'm sure Minty wouldn't be a high investor.

I don't think it would increase our CL chances as we wouldn't be able to spend anywhere near what we spent under Advocaat and even then we didn't get beyond the Group Stages.

I would say it's a pipe dream but we can only dream :rangers:

we will be financially closer to the cream of europe, however attracting the top players will be just as difficult as it is now due to playing in the SPL.

It will open up new avenues no doubt about it, but we will never be able to compete with the top clubs in Europe for the best players as the top players will always choose other leagues over ours.

If we did increase our income that much then we should dominate utterly domestically

I just think we all need to keep our feet on the ground over this. I'm still not convinced it will even happen, never mind be an overwhelming success, so at the moment I just think it's best to keep our feet on the ground.

Its difficult to speculate at this moment, until we know the structure of the deal. I (for one) trust SDM to be looking out for Rangers and strengthening them financially as I as sure that a strong Rangers is the legacy he wants to leave (when ever he goes). No matter what the debt there will be a lot of debt / shareholders to get a share for the use of there money so while football income may be only 20% there is no way that means all income will be used in support of the team. Even the additional income from the increased capacity will help strengthen us. No matter what the structure of the finance I can only see positive financial benefits ahead.

I'll go with Frankie on this one. There is far more that needs to be put into the public domain before we start such speculation.

I would say we should wait until May at least before discussing things along these lines.