*****Official St Mirren vs Rangers match thread*****

20 minutes ago, Soldier blue said:

It’s not a red flag at all, he is one of eleven who has excelled at his job.  Agreed that Rangers shouldn’t rely on a keeper to secure points but that doesn’t detract from the fact that he’s been absolutely outstanding and deserves POTY.  You wouldn’t say it’s a red flag if it was a CD, or maybe you would?

So who are the other 10 who have "excelled at their job" ?

Second half much better, more controlled and gave very little away apart from that corner at the death.

Still too many alarm bells and red flags particularly with how we defend. Defending well is the only way we have a chance of winning this.

We don't have the quality, particularly wide, and Dessers can be hit or miss. We don't have 3s and 4s in us.

We're Rangers and even being depleted we always tend to score (24 blanks in 291 league games since 2016) in games which highlights the important of needing to defend well in our current predicament.

Good three points in the end but probably saved by two goalkeepers and I'm not too confident going against Killie.

I thought we lacked a desire and intensity in that 2nd half , considering at 1-1 we had 45 minutes to stay in the title race .  

I'd go further and say for the first 20/25 minutes of that half St Mirren wanted it more than we did , which is a concern . 

That was fucking rubbish today from a team who have a title to play for .

Jack Butland ,Tav & Dessers to some extent were my.only.pass marks today although at times the latter two did also have their moments .

Once again we get penned in by a team who really offered the sum total of fuck all in terms of having euro ambitions they banged on about pre match.

Out approach today again mirrored Dundee ineffective middle to front poor passing all game continual back and side passing upshot the same old shite from the front players charged with getting the ball forward .

It's.not as if St Mirren defended for their lives or actually posed a serious threat other than what came off the back of our inept display only when McCausland came on did it begin to change as that first 20 mins of the second half was the same turgid shit as the first .

Any one of that front five from midfield out could have been subbed they were so inept.

I just don't know why the manager can't seem to motivate these players into making an attempt at displaying a competent performance that cements their pace and keeps the momentum going instead most look as if they've given up or not giving a fuck clearly not goood enough when so much is at stake and the failures up to now that have put them where they are.

I can accept a result with a so so performance but today was once again a regress back to Dens Park that clearly needs addressed for what remains of this run in goals are as crucial as performances from our POV until such times as that mob slip up at the very least .

12 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

That was fucking rubbish today from a team who have a title to play for .

Jack Butland ,Tav & Dessers to some extent were my.only.pass marks today although at times the latter two did also have their moments .

Once again we get penned in by a team who really offered the sum total of fuck all in terms of having euro ambitions they banged on about pre match.

Out approach today again mirrored Dundee ineffective middle to front poor passing all game continual back and side passing upshot the same old shite from the front players charged with getting the ball forward .

It's.not as if St Mirren defended for their lives or actually posed a serious threat other than what came off the back of our inept display only when McCausland came on did it begin to change as that first 20 mins of the second half was the same turgid shit as the first .

Any one of that front five from midfield out could have been subbed they were so inept.

I just don't know why the manager can't seem to motivate these players into making an attempt at displaying a competent performance that cements their pace and keeps the momentum going instead most look as if they've given up or not giving a fuck clearly not goood enough when so much is at stake and the failures up to now that have put them where they are.

I can accept a result with a so so performance but today was once again a regress back to Dens Park that clearly needs addressed for what remains of this run in goals are as crucial as performances from our POV until such times as that mob slip up at the very least .

Tav got pass marks?  Really?  He started the game with an absolute howler and we should've been 1-0 down in minutes.

3 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Tav got pass marks?  Really?  He started the game with an absolute howler and we should've been 1-0 down in minutes.

Absolutely but came on to a better game especially the cross for the goal the game was.littered with individual errors that were just as culpable especially in defence .

35 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I thought we lacked a desire and intensity in that 2nd half , considering at 1-1 we had 45 minutes to stay in the title race .  

I'd go further and say for the first 20/25 minutes of that half St Mirren wanted it more than we did , which is a concern . 

We appeared to lack desire and intensity the whole match - ok I get St Mirren are a decent team, fighting for a European place etc and have done ok this season, but any set of players for whatever team they are playing, if they are within touching distance of a domestic treble, should be busting  a gut to achieve that. I didnt see that at all from anyone wearing blue today. I get we all think they are bottlers, but do none of them have an ounce of personal pride or desire to actually win something. It's really baffling, because we know they can beat better teams than St Mirren.

22 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Tav could score a hattrick and would still get moaned at for a slack bit of play. Honestly for all the issues about this team Tav isn't one of the ones that needs addressed in the last 5 games of the season.

He has singlehandedly won us games countless amounts of times but some cunts on here can't wait for him to slip up and make a mistake. If he does leave at the end of the season the replacement has huge boots to fill.

2 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

The league was over after 7 games. With 5 games to go he has some people like you still thinking it can be won.

What's been a miracle? And imagine thinking 3 points behind with a game v our rivals isn't over?

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

What's been a miracle? And imagine thinking 3 points behind with a game v our rivals isn't over?

Being somewhat in contention for a treble when taking over a team who have lost 3 from their first 7 league games. Obviously.

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Being somewhat in contention for a treble when taking over a team who have lost 3 from their first 7 league games. Obviously.

League form miracle? Old firm form? Playing style? He's done well but let's not go overboard celtics form is why we are still sort of in it