Dessers

BigBearButt

I would keep Dessers in the squad next season unless there is a decent offer for him. I fully expect / demand that a proper striker is brought in though. He’s infuriating in spades but anyone scoring 20+ for us deserves to be in or around the squad. I’d still be annoyed if we start next season with him as our main starting striker. 

10 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

Misses some chances, but it's hard to argue with 20 goals and counting. Var has also fucked his tally. We've got far bigger problems than Dessers in the team.

Not the penalty taker either. 
Would easily be 25-30 this season if he took the spot kicks.

Shite tho’ 😜

I haven't complained about Dessers in weeks. Ok, I shouted at the telly when he misplaced a pass. He gets himself in the right positions to score goals. McCoist missed tons as well, but he was also in and about everything.

Dessers was also instrumental in the OG. He was right there, causing problems.

20 goals with 5 to go is an unexpectedly good return. I wouldn't have said that in Oct/Nov.

22 minutes ago, Almacger said:

We’ve been saying that for weeks but you just know he will continue to get game time right up until the end.

He didn't start last week, suspect manager's hand was forced by injuries.

But I completely agree, made a similar post in the match thread.

49 minutes ago, left winger said:

Would also have had an assist, if Lawrence did his job properly.

Correct. Or even scored another because Lawrence could easily have passed to him. I don't blame Lawrence for shooting instead of passing but he has to score. 

50 minutes ago, Almacger said:

We’ve been saying that for weeks but you just know he will continue to get game time right up until the end.

He will but only because there are no viable alternatives who are fit. 

43 minutes ago, beararse said:

Not the penalty taker either. 
Would easily be 25-30 this season if he took the spot kicks.

Shite tho’ 😜

Tavernier has scored 15 penalties this season and missed 4. Can you imagine Dessers sitting on 35 goals right now considering the sitters he has missed and the fact that there was a spell when Danillo was fit and Dessers wasn't starting? 😂😂😂

36 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

he should be on more than 20 by now if he was as good as some on here thinks he is he would be burying every other chance that come to him 

we need an absolutely ruthless bastard up front, he isn't that

Absolutely nobody on the forum has said he's amazing, even those who stick up for him from time to time. He is however clearly not the worst player in the team and if others in the team (except Tav) could maybe step up and chip in with a few goals we would be in a much better position. See @STEPPS BOY's post above. 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Tavernier has scored 15 penalties this season and missed 4. Can you imagine Dessers sitting on 35 goals right now considering the sitters he has missed and the fact that there was a spell when Danillo was fit and Dessers wasn't starting? 😂😂😂

I like him a lot as he never gives up but it is a bit of a mind fuck watching him play as he looks like he's never seen a football on occasions yet is capable of scoring goals nobody seen coming, gives the defenders a hard time and wins a fair amount of duels leaving him bearing in on goal yet can seem pretty weak at times, looks fast as fuck but can also look like he's running in treacle.

Bottom line he's scored 20 goals so far in his first season amid all the shite that went on with Beale and having had some piss poor service a lot of the time

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Absolutely nobody on the forum has said he's amazing, even those who stick up for him from time to time. He is however clearly not the worst player in the team and if others in the team (except Tav) could maybe step up and chip in with a few goals we would be in a much better position. See @STEPPS BOY's post above. 

i never said anyone said he was amazing im getting at that plenty of people on here are happy with him getting 20 in all competitions as if thats some benchmark to bring in the title each year it isnt

we need a bastard up front he isn't it

1 minute ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i never said anyone said he was amazing im getting at that plenty of people on here are happy with him getting 20 in all competitions as if thats some benchmark to bring in the title each year it isnt

we need a bastard up front he isn't it

You said he would be burying every other chance. That would be amazing. 

I cudnt understand what happened to colak he looked good.....did beale bin him?. Plus is danillo on loan or did we sign him? because who out of Scotland will do us a job nxt season...I know shankland the guy from Aberdeen was mentioned...but in all fairness any of them 2 wud have been much better than silva, like most of us the fact we cud not bring in a striker in January has made this hard towards the end of the season. Maybes clement has players in mind from holland/Belgium for nxt season. 

1 minute ago, Rlm said:

I cudnt understand what happened to colak he looked good.....did beale bin him?. Plus is danillo on loan or did we sign him? because who out of Scotland will do us a job nxt season...I know shankland the guy from Aberdeen was mentioned...but in all fairness any of them 2 wud have been much better than silva, like most of us the fact we cud not bring in a striker in January has made this hard towards the end of the season. Maybes clement has players in mind from holland/Belgium for nxt season. 

Wtf