If we get to the UEFA final....

andy500

Is it just me who can see alot of mid-table EPL clubs and foriegn clubs sniffing around our players ?

I think if we win all four trophies particularly that there will be teams who want to buy winners into their team. They will want people who have experience of europe, and winning in europe. They will want players who are hungry to win games.

This being said - Do we want to win the UEFA cup ? Would it be bad for the team ?

Discuss.

Is it just me who can see alot of mid-table EPL clubs and foriegn clubs sniffing around our players ?

I think if we win all four trophies particularly that there will be teams who want to buy winners into their team. They will want people who have experience of europe, and winning in europe. They will want players who are hungry to win games.

This being said - Do we want to win the UEFA cup ? Would it be bad for the team ?

Discuss.

Is success bad for the team? No.

If we won the UEFA it would be very good for the team but the aspect of teams wanting our players it is happening now and if Murray likes the bid they will all be off. Very sad we should be building on the team not selling the best players!!!

Discuss.

But what if people start to sniff around Carlos, Thomson etc.

We've shown with Hutton that no matter how important a player is we will sell if the price is right.

Discuss.

We've shown with Hutton that no matter how important a player is we will sell if the price is right.

Have we? Hutton's gone and we're still on track for the quad. I think Walter felt the squad was good enough to do without him, and I think he was right.

Discuss.

What is the alternative...that the players don't perform well enough to attract attention? It's a bummer but we have to live with the fact that we can't compete and keep our best players if clubs from the bigger leagues start sniffing around. We wont have to win the UEFA for that to happen anyway. Look at Hutton. No doubt Cuellar has also attracted attention along with McGreggor (I doubt Thomson has particularly).

Discuss.

What is the alternative...that the players don't perform well enough to attract attention? It's a bummer but we have to live with the fact that we can't compete and keep our best players if clubs from the bigger leagues start sniffing around. We wont have to win the UEFA for that to happen anyway. Look at Hutton. No doubt Cuellar has also attracted attention along with McGreggor (I doubt Thomson has particularly).

I hope Thomson hasn't. He will be a big part of the Rangers future, as Hutton would have been.

Does anyone think that we would accept a bid for Fergie ? I personally don't.

Discuss.

I hope Thomson hasn't. He will be a big part of the Rangers future, as Hutton would have been.

You never know its happened before.

Discuss.

Well I don't rate Ferguson as high as some and I doubt any club of stature would be interested in him now (if they ever were)...same goes for Thomson actually. I think his contribution is being over stated by most. Sad thing is if he does reach his potential then we probably will lose him. That applies to any player as things stand.

What would you rather have? A team that isn't successful in any shape or form, or a successful team, as soon as a team does have success then clubs will start sniffing around players, look at the supposed value of the Celtic shite, had two good seasons, and only good because we were so bad, and their apparent value went up but now that we are the team in four different competitions the value of our players and their pedigree will increase.

Hutton's gone and we're still on track for the quad. I think Walter felt the squad was good enough to do without him, and I think he was right.

There's no denying that there is a HUGE fucking hole on the right hand side of our team now though.

This league/cup run would be much comfier with someone of his quality in the team.

Look at Bayer Levekausen a few years ago when they got to the European cup final, big teams just picked off their best players and now they're pish.

However, most teams will know who in our team they would like to have by this stage, a Euro cup final only confirms that. It's still in the clubs hands to keep them.