Novo Should Start

scotgr

dear god, not up front on his own - he simply doesn't have the first time control or holding up ability to play that role. I'd put him in a 4-4-2 alongside Boyd, but for celtic we will not play 4-4-2 so it should be cousin up top

Upfront, no, Id definetly start him on the right though.

--------------Alexander-------------

---Whittaker-Dailly-Weir-Papac---

--------Hemdani---Thomson--------

----Novo-----Davis----Ferguson----

---------------Cousin-----------------

cant remember if Thomson can play, if not, stick naismith on the left wing and leave Hemadani in the defensive midfield role.

Guest johngers

cant remember if Thomson can play, if not, stick naismith on the left wing and leave Hemadani in the defensive midfield role.

Neither Thomson or Ferguson can start mate.

edit: just realised this was against sellick and not fiorentina doh

Why should he start?

I'll give you one reason - he was our best player in the last game.

Another reason is that he often plays pretty well against them and scores goals.

I could also argue that since Thomson and Cuellar are out that limits who we can play in midfield.

In addition it could be contended that we lack serious pace in our team so Novo will bring that helping to support the lone striker more effectively.

Novo also works extremely hard and did a good job of nullifying McGeady last week.

Of course we could opt for Burke, Naismith, Buffel or Whittaker instead in the wide right role. Unfortunately none of them have proven themselves to be as useful as Novo in that role - even if we are all well aware of his limitations generally.

Why should he start?

Another reason is that he often plays pretty well against them and scores goals.

I could also argue that since Thomson and Cuellar are out that limits who we can play in midfield.

In addition it could be contended that we lack serious pace in our team so Novo will bring that helping to support the lone striker more effectively.

Novo also works extremely hard and did a good job of nullifying McGeady last week.

Of course we could opt for Burke, Naismith, Buffel or Whittaker instead in the wide right role. Unfortunately none of them have proven themselves to be as useful as Novo in that role - even if we are all well aware of his limitations generally.

i think we under estimate Novo alot, his game lacks a couple things but he generally shines against Celtic, plus, they hate him.

Why should he start?

i think we under estimate Novo alot, his game lacks a couple things but he generally shines against Celtic, plus, they hate him.

that's because he said no to the provos :unionflag:

No doubt about it.

I really like the wee man. Of course he's hardly the world's best. His first touch can be poor and his decision-making also not good enough. However, over the years his contribution and attitude has been excellent.

Is he a first pick? I'm not sure - but next week he's certainly the best option we have for that area IMO.

Why should he start?

I want him to start.

I was just asking, why he should start?!

On his day, Novo is a great player to have in the team, However, Novo has to many off days where he has no end product and his touch deserts him.

He'll get his chance, I just hope the wee man delivers

The last time Novo started on the right wing he had a nightmare game. Can't remember who we were playing, but when Burke moved from left to right, and Novo vice-versa, we looked much better. With Ferguson and Thomson both out maybe they'll both start? :unsure:

Exactly the team i'd play.

We played for a draw last week now lets play for a win and this team will hump them.

Leave alot of first teamers out today and give Barry a long rest.....Couldn't give a monkeys about the Scottish cup now. :rangers:

novo on the right and whittaker at right back is a much better option than the broadfoot/whittaker combo we started with on wednesday night imo. As nacho said he had plastic paddy in his pocket for most of the game so if he can do it once he can do it again :rangers:

We might not have a choice but to play him.

With Cuellar suspended, Dailly will probably move to centre half to partner Weir meaning the midfield will probably be Hemdani, Ferguson and Davis. I think by taking off Broadfoot in the last game Walter realised that it didn't work having Whittaker on the right flank, so hopefully he gives Nacho a game.

I would always play Novo against Celtc.