***The Official celtc v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomson is suspended!

Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar is suspended, but Barry Ferguson and Kevin Thomson are available after being banned from midweek Uefa Cup action.

From the BBC

Is Thomson's league suspension not finished? :unsure:

I trust what the BBC say with a pinch of salt, KT I'm sure had a 3 game domestic ban still not finished, he also had the 1 game UEFA cup ban, two totally different competitions, not even sure if he misses our next domestic game after Celtic?

He picked up a booking against Celtc when we beat them 1-0. I think that gave him a 2 match ban, which would be DU and Celtc. Actually shocking that 3 out of our last 4 SPL games (including this Sunday) have been against Celtc! :ohmy:

OK I am really confused now, according to Setanta, KT is available but Scott Brown is still suspended? <cr>

They are wrong, its the other way around.

OK I am really confused now, according to Setanta, KT is available but Scott Brown is still suspended? <cr>

So KT misses 2 Old Firm games? I won't argue, as you know more about these things than me, but surely more would have been made of that at the time? <cr>

Booked against celtc at Ibrox. Played at Tannadice and misses the 2 Old Firm matches. Don't know if it was a 2 or 3 match ban. If it's a 3 then he'll miss Hibs away aswell.

So KT misses 2 Old Firm games? I won't argue, as you know more about these things than me, but surely more would have been made of that at the time? <cr>

Nah, only the dark side make more of these matters! :D

Frantic googling suggests you're right Muff. From the Evening Times:

Carlos Cuellar and Thomson suspended for the next game against Celtic on April 27

:(

The good news for us that Scott Brown is back for Celtic,Cause he weakens the physical presence in Midfield

You're right, the headless chicken does them no favours (tu)

Right, forgetting who's in and who's out, let's get torn into these fuckers!!!!! A win on Sunday kills them off, and we can concentrate on winning the Uefa Cup :bouncy:

:rangers:

Strachan has said that Brown will not walk back into the side.

Hinkel, Nakamura, Jim Vinegar and Hartley are all carrying knocks but I can guarantee you they will all play!

Hinkel, Nakamura, Jim Vinegar and Hartley are all carrying knocks but I can guarantee you they will all play!

They are the ones to target for a few early crunching tackles then.

It's maybe not the best case of good sportsmanship, but they would do it to us in the same scenareio.

Who is going to put in a crunching tackle. No Dailly or Thomson in the midfield plus McCulloch usually gets stuck in aswell.

Ferguson and Hemdani certainly wont. I fear our midfield v the likes of Robson, Hartley, McGeady and Nakamura.

They are the ones to target for a few early crunching tackles then.

It's maybe not the best case of good sportsmanship, but they would do it to us in the same scenareio.

Didnt Mcgeady come out and say the season shouldnt be extended cause it wouldnt allow Celtic to take advantage of Rangers injuries? F*ck em! Get stuck in!

Who is going to put in a crunching tackle. No Dailly or Thomson in the midfield plus McCulloch usually gets stuck in aswell.

Novo is the man...!

And apart from a nice crunching tackle on McGeady that upsets them all greatly I want to see Novo score then celebrate by running around Parkhead pulling out imaginary pockets from his shorts...!

Ole...!

Ferguson and Hemdani certainly wont. I fear our midfield v the likes of Robson, Hartley, McGeady and Nakamura.

You reckon he'll be rested or is it something else I have missed?

I think he meant he won't be in midfield. Instead, I think he'll be at centre back.

I think he meant he won't be in midfield. Instead, I think he'll be at centre back.

lol aye obvious when you think about it doh

My Choice:-

-------------------Alexander---------------

Broadfoot-----Dailly-----Weir------Papac

--------------------Ferguson---------------

Whittaker----------Davis------------Novo

--------------------Buffel-------------------

-------------------Cousin-------------------

As I've said before, having both Whittaker & Broadfoot on the right means that, when Scumtic have the ball, they can double up on Gayboy. JCD gets to rest his groin (and whatever else is hurting) in preparation for Florence.

I don't think we need 5 in midfield against the unwashed, especially if Brown is back for them. All we should need is Barry lying deep, when they have the ball, to provide cover for the centre-backs. Davis can handle Hartley, or whoever else they want to put up against him.

Walter, of course, will probably field an entirely different side. :D