***Official GTA IV Thread***

sneddon

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just took a wee run down to the Hamilton ASDA since the wrinklies needed bread and milk anyway. The sad bastards are only queued away out to the door from the DVD section (away at the back of the shop!).

Oi you :craphead:

I just got the 10th last copy from there :bouncy:

I'm never trusting my mate with games again. Even though his girlfriend pointed out that the Halo 3 launch went on for a few hours, he insisted this one wouldn't. He always does this, Mario Galaxy and every game he's picked up for me takes hours. I appreciate him helping me and all, but I don;t have much patience and rather just pick them up myself.

I could be sat playing it by now :angry2:

Went to asda tonight to see if i could get a copy and there must have been at least 100 people waiting in the que. Didn't wait for it, just headed up to Game where i pre-ordered it months ago and got it!! Also bought 2 cans of relentless, coffee and sugar from asda for the night ahead!!! Well worth the wait

I just took a wee run down to the Hamilton ASDA since the wrinklies needed bread and milk anyway. The sad bastards are only queued away out to the door from the DVD section (away at the back of the shop!).

Oi you :craphead:

I just got the 10th last copy from there :bouncy:

I got the 5th last copy of the Xbox 360 version in ASDA

My store has got mine and an added bonus is they put in special the stupid gits like it wasn't gonna be sold out straight away. So instead of 115AUD or 55GBP it's 85AUD or 40GBP. Probably cheaper over there anyway knowing Australia with games.

I work nights in Tesco in Oldham, and at 12 there were literally 30 people waiting for us to put GTA out on the shelves, the poor bastard whos job it was nearly got his hand torn off, it was hilarious!!! good news is, I got one before they all went.

Good game btw!!!

We need a chance to get used to it before uniting to kick your ass Lister. I just finished writing possibly the worst oral assignment ever just to play this and this install screen is taking forever! Guess I'll go have a quick shower. Damn uni for the next 2 days too, can't wait til the weekend, 4 days of GTA mayhem.

We need a chance to get used to it before uniting to kick your ass Lister. I just finished writing possibly the worst oral assignment ever just to play this and this install screen is taking forever! Guess I'll go have a quick shower. Damn uni for the next 2 days too, can't wait til the weekend, 4 days of GTA mayhem.

:lol: No no, you lot have been on about kicking my ass for the last few days, no practice. JUST ALL OUT WAR :craphead:

PS i just bought NIKO a suit, nice black one, with white shirt, look proper MAFIA now :D

Got it last night but what a carry on it was I phoned Asda at 9 and was told there was only 10 copies for both consoles and people were there already so went down to see if i could get one and the manager reserved one for all us sad acts that were there.

Went back at 11 ish and the queue was massive for PS3 but even bigger probably x 5 for the 360, they only had 22 copies left in the end for the ps3 so they started turning people away it seems the staff and their mates had kept 20 copies for themselves, some went to us who got it reserved early and then 22 that remained went to the others.

Anyway played the first couple of missions and was impressed then worked out how to use the mobile and go online with Andypic and it's was some of the best 2 hours of gaming i have ever had.

Moments that stand out were Andy flying the helicopter to the top of a building and then jumping off as i shot at him falling from the sky, it must have took 10 seconds for him to splat on the ground.

Racing each other in speedboats along the river until he went over a jump and i came flying over and crashed into him knocking him and myself into the water i jumped back on to my boat and used the ak47 on him as he swam to freedom.

Both on the one bike shooting the good people of Liberty City as we zoomed past until he lost control and crashed at 100mph making my head connect with a wall.

great game, online is great and this was just the lobby part not even tried the online games yet.

Also getting hit by a RPG is one of the funniest things i've seen their bodies go flying through the air bouncing off everything a bit like pain.

see you soon Lister.

Got it last night but what a carry on it was I phoned Asda at 9 and was told there was only 10 copies for both consoles and people were there already so went down to see if i could get one and the manager reserved one for all us sad acts that were there.

Went back at 11 ish and the queue was massive for PS3 but even bigger probably x 5 for the 360, they only had 22 copies left in the end for the ps3 so they started turning people away it seems the staff and their mates had kept 20 copies for themselves, some went to us who got it reserved early and then 22 that remained went to the others.

Anyway played the first couple of missions and was impressed then worked out how to use the mobile and go online with Andypic and it's was some of the best 2 hours of gaming i have ever had.

Moments that stand out were Andy flying the helicopter to the top of a building and then jumping off as i shot at him falling from the sky, it must have took 10 seconds for him to splat on the ground.

Racing each other in speedboats along the river until he went over a jump and i came flying over and crashed into him knocking him and myself into the water i jumped back on to my boat and used the ak47 on him as he swam to freedom.

Both on the one bike shooting the good people of Liberty City as we zoomed past until he lost control and crashed at 100mph making my head connect with a wall.

great game, online is great and this was just the lobby part not even tried the online games yet.

see you soon Lister.

Oh yes you will.

I just found the ANNIHALTOR helicopter, can i say....OWNED barkie?

:lol:

Another good thing is the cover system like Rainbow six it works pretty well and looks ace how your guy does it.

Lister you will be sleeping with the fish tonight expect a text message on your online gimps mobile inviting you to your death. :cool:

Another good thing is the cover system like Rainbow six it works pretty well and looks ace how your guy does it.

Lister you will be sleeping with the fish tonight expect a text message on your online gimps mobile inviting you to your death. :cool:

:lol: you wish, im going to own you barkie as always!

Also getting hit by a RPG is one of the funniest things i've seen their bodies go flying through the air bouncing off everything a bit like pain.

see you soon Lister.

Sounds awesome, I need to hold out for another 6 weeks :9

Jealous loyal :D

see you soon Lister.

Sounds awesome, I need to hold out for another 6 weeks :9

Jealous loyal :D

6 WEEKS? Jesus!

final year Uni exams, if I got GTA IV....my degree/career/life would be down the pan as I have no self control over an amazing game.

I'm already sacrificing a lot for going down to Manchester on the 14th of May if we make it, every other time I need to study <_<

I'm in agony at the moment, have been for a few days over this <_<