Do you forgive Cousin?

Danny

Performance and goal in 3-0 win over Lyon.

Performance in 3-0 win over Celtic.

Performance in 0-0 draw with Barcelona.

Performance and goal in 3-2 defeat to Celtic.

Performance and goal in 2-0 win over Werder Bremen.

Performance and goal in 2-1 win over Hibs at Easter Road.

Crucial winning goal against Gretna.

The guy has put in some big performances and scored some big goals in crucial matches at crucial times. For me, his contribution this season has been very much under-rated by a lot of fans.

Yes, he's an awkward character who lacks the maturity of a Weir or the heart of a Novo. But he is very capable of producing when it matters, in big games where others, for all their heart and endeavour, can't quite produce a performance or goal that carries us over the line.

To turn our back on Cousin, our most talented striker, at this crucial stage would be crazy in my view. Walter is a fantastic man manager, and I'm sure he'll trust his ability to squeeze more out of Cousin this season. And that's why I think he will feature again before the season is over and personally, I think he'll deliver again and get a few fans jumping back over the fence to give him a pat on the back.

7 performances in 30+ apperances, I can name more matches that he didnt show

They were, for me, his biggest performances/goals in crucial moments/games.

He also performed against the likes of Aberdeen (3-0), Falkirk (7-2), Motherwell (3-1).......

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cousin is just a lazy barsteward as far as I'm concerned. People may criticise Boydy for not doing enough "outside the box©", but he'd certainly put in more effort than that waste of space. Why Walter persevered with Cousin for so long before subbing him today is beyond me.

Definately NOT a protestant either. <_<

So ?

No offence old chap, but why dont you fuck off and get a sense of humour? Possibly from ebay.

Pious cunt.

OOps, sorry Mr Speirs, never realised it was yersel.........

Definately NOT a protestant either. <_<

So ?

No offence old chap, but why dont you fuck off and get a sense of humour? Possibly from ebay.

Pious cunt.

OOps, sorry Mr Speirs, never realised it was yersel.........

"Fuck off......cunt.....Speirs".

I can't possibly compete with such humour and wit, I am clearly out of my depth here, so I must gracefully bow out.

I don't think too many of us would suggest with a straight face that Cousin isn't a technically gifted player with talent. But to commit utter folly in Florence like that, while individually forgiveable, could NOT be repeated. And he goes and does the same thing today after a really awful display in which he was clearly our weakest link.

I used to support him big time and many of his displays justified it while many others despised him.

But today he lost my support when he picked a fight with Wilkie then stuck his head in ridiculously.

Added to his total disinterest in proceedings - (the effort I used to see from him was gone) and he was, as Leanne put it accurately, an empty shirt.

I have stated numerous times that Cousin is not the player some people in this forum say he is " the best striker at the club"

I never doubted his ability , but certainly his commitment and attitude

I have also said the worst peice of business over the transfer window was not selling him

We have seen stats and mentions of his performances against Lyon , Hibs , Werder Bremen

It does not add up to much over a season IMO

The guy does not give a fuck about rangers ,,his performances recenty and his attitude have been rotten

IMO he should not feature for us again this season , but we all know he will ,

We may be left with him for next season , £3m down the drain , Fulham , please take this guy asap

I have also said the worst peice of business over the transfer window was not selling him

We did sell him.

FIFA blocked it though.

agreed , i meant , it not going through

Agreed

It was a stupid fiasco.

do you think it will be completed at the end of the season ,? or will he remain at rangers

Now this is where the word enigma can be used.

Cousin is a decent player. A good first touch, strong, aerially competent, quick and can score goals at any level.

Unfortunately, as we all knew when he signed, he's mentally imbalanced. As such, if we can find a buyer in the summer (and we will), he'll move on for more than we paid. Not a bad result all things considered.

We did sell him.

FIFA blocked it though.

agreed , i meant , it not going through

Agreed

It was a stupid fiasco.

do you think it will be completed at the end of the season ,? or will he remain at rangers

I'd think he'll be away.

I imagine that there will be plenty of managers who think that they can get the best out of him though.

one of the most unprofessional / unsportsman-like players i have ever seen, and his attitude is apaulling, he never kicked a ball 2day, he was woeful. Just not interested at all.

Was at the game and sit in the East Enclosure, to be honest at the time I was mystified as to why Cousin got booked but just watched it again there and got to say the guy is a disgrace. Could've cost us dearly AGAIN, the guy can get to fuck because he's clearly only concerned about himself and that is NOT the mentality that the manager is trying to instill amongst the squad.

i dont forgive him yet - maybe if he sticks around and plays a good season while WANTING to be at ibrox.

rather see novo/boyd and JCD get games imo - proper gers