Travelling to the game on Wed without a ticket

Boab

Or worse, on Wednesday, without accommodation.

I'm not having a go but I just don't get it. Enlighten me?

Maybe its cause I don't really drink or want to get pished or wish to walk about all day as I get tired easily, having a muscle fatique conditon, but I really mean in general.

If you don't have a ticket, what is wrong with the house where you're guaranteed a seat and a good view or the pub but more so the house?

Over to you...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting pished oot ma nut hours before the game wasnt what i was there for thoug

Quite honestly, I dont get that either but thats probably another topic in itself.

Thats Scotland's problem with drink IMO.

TBH I'm with Boab on this, for me footie is about being at the game, I rarely watch it on TV.

Last time I travelled with no ticket was Alkmaar, but we had booked our flights and hotel then were let down on tix from a Rangers player.

Well no I went to tannadice a few weeks ago without one but I knew I would get one, not quite the same.

I travelled down for the atmosphere, and to be honest what an atmosphere that was, so much during the day I could not have been any prouder to call myself a bear.

I met a couple for the site if im sure it was dado I was talking to at one point.

In terms of the drinking I didi manage after an hours searching manage to pick up a crate of some mexican ager, drunk a few but was also offering them out to ones next to us.

what a great day, just a pity four the trouble later in the evening

I was sharing a hotel room so had accomodation, I wanted to go for the experience and loved it so much during the day on wednesday as those who saw me will testify. I won't apologise or justify going away to follow Rangers in the right manner

Already had this discussion today on a Bolton forum.....................

:

Tombwfc wrote:

Why were they going to set up big screens in Manchester for people from Manchester? Surely they could just watch it at their homes, a matter of yards away, or in the pub?

hisroyalgingerness wrote:

ask the same question, but for the second manchester insert the word "glasgow". perhaps mention that said city is over 200 miles away

officer_dibble wrote:

too true aint it, i was thinking if it was bolton and i didnt have a ticket what would i have done...and i dont think it involved travelling to manchester and drinking from 7am so that i was too pissed to remember it anyway...

perhaps the seemingly nice chap who started this thread off can explain?

So you wouldn't have travelled to Manchester to soak up the atmosphere of a UEFA cup final involving Bolton Dibbs?

I went and we had a fabulous day, unfortunately i was in the fanzone when the screen 'failed', so we took the decision to implement our Plan B which involved getting a train to Salford Crescent then hailing a taxi to take us to Swinton British Legion where there was a big screen and an excellent flute band playing.

Rangers travel in immense numbers, the likes of which is almost incomprehensible to most English clubs. I'm not going to be so crass as to intimate they are better or more loyal supporters than your average wanderer, but they are different and travelling to games without tickets is normal for them. Celtc do things in a similar way

Maybe its cause I don't really drink or want to get pished or wish to walk about all day as I get tired easily, having a muscle fatique conditon, but I really mean in general.

If you don't have a ticket, what is wrong with the house where you're guaranteed a seat and a good view or the pub but more so the house?

Over to you...

Boab your a waste of a ticket ! :sherlock:

I went on the spur of the moment Tuesday night 20:30 trip to braehead to get a satnav and off we set no accomodation nothing but the fact we were going as part of the 100,000+ made it a real buzz I know I was one of the many thousands that done Glasgow Rangers proud.

Im glad I went and I will go again as always, the feeling when your with thousands of other fans singing and having great banter is compared to nothing. If the atmosphere at Manchester (before the trouble) is what heaven is like the I can't wait :)

WATP :rangers:

Being as close as possible to the action, and part of the largest travelling army of supporters, turning manchester blue and making the old city bounce. An awesome, awesome couple of days, and one of the most intesne experiences of my entire lifetime. That's why I went down without a ticket :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Getting pished oot ma nut hours before the game wasnt what i was there for thoug

Quite honestly, I dont get that either but thats probably another topic in itself.

Thats Scotland's problem with drink IMO.

Disagree, Britain has a problem with this shit, look at footage from every maor town or city and you have 16 to 30 year olds barely able to walk trying to fight with everyone. It is society's problem.

TBH I had a niggle in the back of my mind about 'possibly infiltration' from these tits that have had their poaasports taken off them so they cannot travel abroad. This was too good an opportunity to miss, knowing fine well they have good connections with some Rangers firms. Once it kicks off, the bucky crew just join in.

Over to you...

You must be the life of the party :P

It's for the atmosphere. It's like going to a music festival. There may be only 1 or 2 bands there that you like but the atmosphere is immense. Nothing beats mingling with thousands of people who have at least one aspect in common with you and a common passion. I can understand why people would go to Manchester as it's so close and easy to get to as well as it being the first European final in 36 years. People travelling to foreign countries without a ticket to the game though is a little much.

What a question, ok mate you had a ticket, i suppose all you guys with tickets would have stayed at home! aye right.

A European final on our doorstep, 36 years after our last one, a chance to be with like minded bears for a couple of days of fun, maybe an off chance of getting a ticket.

A herd of Elephants could not have dragged me any other place on earth midweek, yes we lost, some scum let us down, picture the scenario if we won, not there- flick the tv off then go to bed with a smile on your face.

To be there - Be involved in the greatest celebrations probably ever.

Sorry Boab, its a no brainer.

If I didn't know better boab, I'd think you were at the windup. The phrase "if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand" comes to mind here. Don't take this the wrong way cause I'm not trying to start any argument here, but are you just a wee 20 something who's just started supporting Rangers? Don't take offence but it's the only explanation I can think of for asking such a stupid question.

id never tell anyone not to go ive done it twice leeds and strasbourg but i got tkts when i went

one of my brothers live 2 miles from ibrox offered him tkt for dundee utd game said no then i find out he went to manchester that i dont get

Guest Andypendek

i had to be there. i'm not usually lost for words but i can't really articulate why. i just had to be there.

I think an earlier post sums it up perfectly. Anyone who has to ask that, would not understand.

It was not just for the drink mate, I was obviously not drinking, my Dad was not drunk, Many other people around us were not drunk.

It was being a part of the biggest night in the clubs recent history, it was being able to say to your grandchildren 'I was there', it was partying and it was first and foremost representing the thing that means most to me, Rangers.

Some idiots were there for the wrong reasons, but we all know that by now.

Over to you...

One of the main reasons that decided me against going was that you would be there, but at the same time, not be there. I think it would have been different if there were screens in the area of the stadium, but what really was the point of being miles away from the actual event? You could equally have held a huge gathering on Glasgow Green. I also had the fear that I would go and end up actually missing, or getting a poor view, of the game. That turned out to be what happened for many.

Over to you...

Boab your a waste of a ticket ! :sherlock:

Your a waste of a Rangers shirt!