Have you heard the latest Carlos Cuellar Rumour....

Apparently Carlos Cuellar has a £8million release clause, and thats part of the reason earlier in the season Rangers were wanting Carlos Cuellar to sign a extension onto his contract!

Cuellar is keen to say..... but his agent is wanting £30,000 a week for Cuellar, and this is where the stumbling block starts as this would make him the highest earner at the club!

Take it for what is worth it is just a Rumour afterall :rolleyes:

But the way we conduct business they could be something in this,I wouldn't be shocked if it was True <_<

This had better not be true as he is worth every penny!! but not a suprise as then they would need to give bazza a rise aswell and that means rangers having to spend more money ffs! come on murray get the money out!! :unionflag: :angry2:

This had better not be true as he is worth every penny!! but not a suprise as then they would need to give bazza a rise aswell and that means rangers having to spend more money ffs! come on murray get the money out!! :unionflag: :angry2:

its a a sad day when backpass barry gets more wages just because a player is more worthy of higher wages than him.

Sad Day

the clubs bigger than any player? not in this case

Apparently Carlos Cuellar has a £8million release clause, and thats part of the reason earlier in the season Rangers were wanting Carlos Cuellar to sign a extension onto his contract!

Cuellar is keen to say..... but his agent is wanting £30,000 a week for Cuellar, and this is where the stumbling block starts as this would make him the highest earner at the club!

But the way we conduct business they could be something in this,I wouldn't be shocked if it was True <_<

Rumour ... could be something in it? Aye, its a rumour.......... doh

its a a sad day when backpass barry gets more wages just because a player is more worthy of higher wages than him.

Sad Day

the clubs bigger than any player? not in this case

exactly, the highest earners at the club should be the best players, not beacuse he's the captain, or 'Mr Rangers'.

Don't get me wrong I'm a BF fan, but he's not exactly been himself latley.

Get the money out DM and pay king carlos.

:rangers:

honestly every opportunity some people get to have a go and the board or barry ther knives are out

dont speak crap min!! if they feel he is worth it (which he is) they will give him it. ffs fergie does not come into it at all.

honestly every opportunity some people get to have a go and the board or barry ther knives are out

dont speak crap min!! if they feel he is worth it (which he is) they will give him it. ffs fergie does not come into it at all.

I THINK the Rangers captain always earns the same as the highest paid player at the club. I'm sure Gough had the same deal. Maybe someone could confirm though.

Rumour ... could be something in it? Aye, its a rumour.......... doh

The bit at the end is my opinion on the Rumour!

I take it i'm no allowed to comment on it doh

If we signed Thierry Henry would we have to give Barry a pay rise to match Henry's wages? FFS Gary Neville is the Captain of Manchester United and his wages are nowhere near that of C.Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Rooney.

I THINK the Rangers captain always earns the same as the highest paid player at the club. I'm sure Gough had the same deal. Maybe someone could confirm though.

I doubt Gough was on more.... than Gazza and Laudrup :unsure:

cuellar contract has nothing to do with barry and he would not give a dam!! murray wont give barry a pay rise just cause cuellar gets more than him that statement was total bollocks!!

excuse my french !!

Best and most valuable player = highest wages.

I see no problem in that and £30k a week is an absolute steal for a world class player.

He's more than earned it.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bain's managed to sneak in a Buy out clause though.. that'll be their excuse for selling him doh

Hence Newcastles sly £7Million bid? we either take that or they offer the clause and take him regardless for an extra £1Mil?

its balls if he has a get out clause they wld offer that and not seven, rangers wont sell for less than what he is worth

i doubt there is a get out clause.

cuellar will stay for 1 more year ill say.

I am going to post this on another thread BUT Bill McMurdo was on Radio Scotland - off the ball on Sat. I enjoyed listening to him he was pretty open about how agents work, deals etc.

Of NOTE:

Most players have a 'Sell ON' clause now where if the club get a certain amount they have to sell him IF he wants to go. Many have clauses if specific teams come in for them then they have to sell him as well.

He rekons Alex Ferguson has a clause that allows NO player to earn more than him.

I am going to post this on another thread BUT Bill McMurdo was on Radio Scotland - off the ball on Sat. I enjoyed listening to him he was pretty open about how agents work, deals etc.

Of NOTE:

Most players have a 'Sell ON' clause now where if the club get a certain amount they have to sell him IF he wants to go. Many have clauses if specific teams come in for them then they have to sell him as well.

He rekons Alex Ferguson has a clause that allows NO player to earn more than him.

Just cause he wans a 170 grand week

Ronaldos going to be on £160,000 a week