Cheeky Czechs

J_RFC87

CZECH REPUBLIC captain Tomas Ujfalusi has pleaded with Scotland not to play as negatively as Rangers in tonight's game.

The Fiorentina defender is still smarting that his side could not break down the Ibrox men in their UEFA Cup semi-final second leg in Italy.

Ujfalusi said: "With Fiorentina we were close to the final of the UEFA Cup and losing to Rangers was the most disappointing moment of my career.

"I don't know if Scotland will play the same style of football as Rangers - that would mean nine players on the pitch are behind the ball.

"I just hope this game is better than the one in Italy because it is not easy to play against a team who put all the players back in defence.

"When that happens it is never a nice match for the fans. I must admit I was shocked by the way Rangers played against us in the second leg of a European semi-final. The outcome was such a huge disappointment because I wanted to play in a final.

"I know the Scottish national team is good and I just hope they provide a better match from the one we had against Rangers. I'm sure they will prove to be a good test for us ahead of the European Championship."

Meanwhile, Czech coach Karel Bruckner believes George Burley's side should also be at the European Championship.

Bruckner said: "Scotland are very strong opponents. They have good players with a lot of quality. They came very close to qualifying for the finals and it was a shame for them that they did not do that. They should be in the finals.

"My opinion is Scotland are one of the top teams in Europe.

"This is going to be a good test for us ahead of the championship."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footbal...86908-20588600/

:craphead:

If a team is not good enough to break down another team (no matter if we play defensive) then thats their fault.

Exactly, good to see that were still hurting them way after it happened

When that happens it is never a nice match for the fans. I must admit I was shocked by the way Rangers played against us in the second leg of a European semi-final. The outcome was such a huge disappointment because I wanted to play in a final.

Oh guys, you know what, we should have let fiorentina win because uffa wanted to play in the final...

Honestly, that fanny Tomas should just button it - the more he talks, the more of a complete laughingstock he becomes. If he plans on doing business here on earth, perhaps he should beam down from Planet Ego once in a while to acquaint himself with how our world operates.

IIRC, we can draw them in the 3rd CL Qualifying Round... :D

They would hump us!

Don't bet on it PG :) I went to both legs when they played Bolton this season and they were no great shakes. Best thing about it was Bolton did a Rangers on them, beat them 1-0 at the Reebok then held out for a 0-0 at the Vicente Calderon. Sweet ;)

I understand a top striker complaining about an opposing teams defensive tactics , but a defender ? Moaning and groaning about something Rangers perfected this season in Europe when he has spent his whole life trying to perfect such a defensive style. Hint of irony and alot of sour grapes there eh ?

"I don't know if Scotland will play the same style of football as Rangers - that would mean nine players on the pitch are behind the ball.

He's wrong.

It was 10 players.