Dean Furman to Israel?

bister

Hello, I am an Israeli fan of Maccabi Tel-Aviv F.C, and have recently read an official announcement by the club, stating Dean Furman is expected in Israel tomorrow for tryouts. could you spare some details abut the lad?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I am an Israeli fan of Maccabi Tel-Aviv F.C, and have recently read an official announcement by the club, stating Dean Furman is expected in Israel tomorrow for tryouts. could you spare some details abut the lad?

Quite disappointed if true.

He's not had a chance at Rangers, made one substitute appearance at the end of the season and impressed a few of us with his passing and movement - outshining a fair few of our other players.

i'm a little surprised at this, unless it would be a loan deal

We signed him from chelsea as a youngster, he's from South Africa. Not quite broken into the first team yet but made a couple of sub appearances. Has looked quite impressive in the youths/reserves

Not heard anything on this and I will be raging 'IF' true.

Give guys like Dailly, Miller and Weir new deals and reject good bids for donkeys like McCulloch but get rid of one of the best youngsters.

Guest Andypendek
Not heard anything on this and I will be raging 'IF' true.

Give guys like Dailly, Miller and Weir new deals and reject good bids for donkeys like McCulloch but get rid of one of the best youngsters.

You're always raging about something.

Thought he looked like he could definately play a part next season when I saw him come on for Thomson. Hope if its true then its not permanent. No point in letting good players in this age group go when we cant afford to buy good players in the prime of their careers. Need to keep our good youngsters and let them develop here and he certainly seems to be one of them. He signed a deal in 2007 till the summer of 2009 so hopefully we give him this season at least to see how he develops. We need under 21s on the bench due to the u21 rule so it may aswell be u21s that have a chance of coming onto the pitch and contributing rather than just sitting there to satisfy regulations. He'll struggle to start with Ferguson, Thomson and if the papers are correct Davis. However I dont think he'd be expecting to start but could definately contribute in my opinion.

That may be my longest ever post. ;) . Dont post much, tend to just read others in order to keep up to date with goings on/scive at work.

Guest Andypendek

No, I wouldn't. I've only seen about 20 minutes of him and I don't know if he's got it or not. As usual, I'll leave it up to the coaching staff to decide.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Captain of our very successful under 19 side and given his debut at the end of the season which would indicate he was to be more involved in the senior team next season. There would be no point in loaning him out as he only has a year left on his contract anyway, I'm taking this one with a pinch of salt for now, but given Smiths record with young players I wouldn't be surprised if it comes true.

I doubt it, although it wouldn't suprise me with the way our clubs run. He's only played in one first team game but he looks composed, has good vision and always wanted to get on the ball.

thanks everyone for your replies, I'll try to keep you up to date. As far as at seems right now it is almost certain he will be in Israel tomorrow, although I'm not sure if the club is trying to get an impression of him, or the other way around. The main interest in him derive from his Jewish roots, which will grant him an automatic citizenship in Israel and therefore he will not be consider a foreigner in the domestic league.

I understand from you he has a contract until 2009, any idea of what kind of numbers are we talking here concerning transfer fee?

Watty can seriously fuck right out of Rangesr if this is the case, Dailly is past it, Weir, on his way to being well past it, McCulloch never had it yet we might let a highly rated youngster leave, reminds me too much of watty's previous time in charge.