Blues hate Greens

Rangers Cup final hero DaMarcus Beasley has Revealed his Ibrox team-mates refuse to eat GREEN jelly beans.

The 26-year-old American said "Veteran" players remove the offending treats from a jar at the stadium before they're even dished out.

Beasley spilled the beans about the dressing room rituals at Rangers during a newspaper interview in his home town or Fort Wayne,Indiana.

He said: "In the locker room before games there are always jelly beans around.

"The first thing the Rangers veterans do is take out all the green ones.

"For them to be associated with the colour green, even with Candy..."

Trouble

When asked about the sectarian divide in Glasgow ,he said:"If you're a Catholic,you can't even say 'RANGERS'."

Beasley, currently in Florida training with the US squad,joined Rangers from Dutch aces PSV Eindhoven last year.

But his Ibrox career was hampered by injury before he scored in last season's Scottish Cup Final triumph against Queen of the South.

Last night , a Rangers FC spokesman laughed off his claims, Saying: "We're having trouble finding blue lettuce for the players' lunchtimes salads!"

In February,The Scottish Sun told how Ibrox chefs Banned green icing from an order of empire biscuits.

The club axed a 2005 peperami promotion because the spicy sausages came in green packets--while green--and--white straws were also banned.

Exclusive by Robert McAulay

robertmcaulay@the-sun.co.uk

Couldn't find a link online from the Sun, so i wrote it out!

Yet another dig from the Sun on Rangers :angry2:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit sad the players do that, no?

Yes, probably a bit sad. I'm a bit sad too tho, as I won't wear anything green, won't use green plates, cups etc, and definitely won't eat green sweets! :bouncy: :bouncy:

Lifted directly from FF

I'm not a member of FF.

I wrote the thing out from the Sun Newspaper, unless somebody has lifted it from here and posted it on FF :unsure:

No mate.

I meant the Sun lifted the story directly from FF. I'll find out if the guy who posted it was serious or taking the pish

A bit sad the players do that, no?

Yes, probably a bit sad. I'm a bit sad too tho, as I won't wear anything green, won't use green plates, cups etc, and definitely won't eat green sweets! :bouncy: :bouncy:

ditto my friend!!! :unionflag:

Lifted directly from FF

I'm not a member of FF.

I wrote the thing out from the Sun Newspaper, unless somebody has lifted it from here and posted it on FF :unsure:

No mate.

I meant the Sun lifted the story directly from FF. I'll find out if the guy who posted it was serious or taking the pish

All right :lol:

I was shocked, when i read this in the sun

When I was about 15 (a number of years ago) I wore a "green" polo shirt to play golf, it was not the celtc green, far from it. But on leaving the house my dad grabbed me by the collar and ripped if from collar to arm, laughing while stating I needed a new shirt.

Bassa, we still laugh at it to this day, I wouldn't eat the green Jelly babies either. :D

Thats fake, surely

It's on page 3 of the scottish sun

Cant see the story

Everytime I go to page three, I look at the boobs for a while and then forget what I was looking for. :craphead:

(tu) to the "veterans". I eat veg but I never eat green sweets and never buy any clothes with green in them. Won't have things like green towels or green bedding in the house. In fact, typing the word green fuckin destroys me inside.

I used to work with a guy many moons ago who wouldn't eat Pacers. Marvellous attitude.