rangers and the orange order

minstral

just reading friedmarsbar on another thread, asking if orangeisim should be part of following rangers, of course not, but he cant deny that rangers have been connected to the orange order. first of all the orange order had thousands of shares in our club, plus allowed the orange order annual sunday service to use ibrox every year. then if you visit the trophy room at ibrox go to the first cabinet on your right, near where the bike is and you will find a bowl presented by the orange order to our club. so i would suggest rangers must be proud of their connection with the orange order, and if not why have the bowl on display.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just reading friedmarsbar on another thread, asking if orangeisim should be part of following rangers, of course not, but he cant deny that rangers have been connected to the orange order. first of all the orange order had thousands of shares in our club, plus allowed the orange order annual sunday service to use ibrox every year. then if you visit the trophy room at ibrox go to the first cabinet on your right, near where the bike is and you will find a bowl presented by the orange order to our club. so i would suggest rangers must be proud of their connection with the orange order, and if not why have the bowl on display.

that was in bygone days of yore

Allowed, does tht mean we dont allow them anymore? :P

And what is the annual sunday service? is it a big thing :)

rangers must be proud of their connection with the orange order

The fact that the steps Rangers have taken in recent years to eradicate problems with in our support - I doubt that Rangers would be happy to be linked with the Orange Order in the way we used to be. The bowl is part of history.

But to link ourselves with a group who openly denounce catholics, is taken a step backwards.

i think you will find that the bowl is still there. :rolleyes:

Rangers don't need to align themselves with any religious organization and nor should they in these modern times. However a sizable chunk of the support would like to continue celebrating that aspect of our past. Anyone who tries to deny them that right is guilty of exactly what they accuse the traditionalists of.

A man with your avatar should know this already.

Rangers don't need to align themselves with any religious organization and nor should they in these modern times. However a sizable chunk of the support would like to continue celebrating that aspect of our past. Anyone who tries to deny them that right is guilty of exactly what they accuse the traditionalists of.

Spot on.

20 pager? :D

Pessimist.

The fact that the steps Rangers have taken in recent years to eradicate problems with in our support - I doubt that Rangers would be happy to be linked with the Orange Order in the way we used to be. The bowl is part of history.

But to link ourselves with a group who openly denounce catholics, is taken a step backwards.

Not a member of the Orange Order but can you give me a link or qutoe where they do so?

Not doubting it, I just always thought that they existed to celebrate the reformation

Isn't there a sezable chunk of the support who dont care and want nothing to do with the Orange Order? unfortunately the 'traditionalists' usually have the loudest voices

i think you will find that the bowl is still there. :rolleyes:

and i think you will find that is not wot i meant friend

i meant the links were a long time ago

i know the bowl is still there

it is part of history now

A man with your avatar should know this already.

Lol I just like Sash Gordon :lol:

I join next year, when my dads Grandmaster or sumfin? :P

Not sure about all the ins and outs of it, hense why i asked :)

if u dont want to tell me then fine :harhar: <_< lol

Isn't there a sezable chunk of the support who dont care and want nothing to do with the Orange Order? unfortunately the 'traditionalists' usually have the loudest voices

Of course there is, but I'm not trying to deny them there right not to celebrate it.

Not a member of the Orange Order but can you give me a link or qutoe where they do so?

Not doubting it, I just always thought that they existed to celebrate the reformation

Lived on Dumbarton Road for near on 2 years, so heard many,many an Orange March go past my windows, with No Pope Of Rome being given laldy - Strikes me as pretty anti-catholic.

Spot on.

20 pager? :D

Pessimist.

davy you and jim are spot on, as i said in my post, but people dont like the fact that we were connected at one time, just like they dont like our protestant traditions but must face facts i can feel a 20 pager coming on. :lol:

Perhaps I should clarify myself here. While I hope through time the orange link should diminish, I do recognise that the Orange Order are a legal organisation and have played a large part in Irish history and have members in the professions in Ulster, whether they have that representation in Scotland, I am not so sure.

However that Orange link brings with it the utter vermin that can be seen at the side of the streets watching orange walks drinking, swearing, giving it FTP, No Pope of Rome, real hate filled lunatics and that element attaches itself to Rangers. The same element that let us down in Manchester, that element I am sure both Rangers and the Orange order would want to eliminate.

That said that link gives Rangers problems, no doubt about it.

Of course there is, but I'm not trying to deny them there right not to celebrate it.

so in other words - they sit in silence while the rest shoot their mouths off about the OO - sounds fair

Lived on Dumbarton Road for near on 2 years, so heard many,many an Orange March go past my windows, with No Pope Of Rome being given laldy - Strikes me as pretty anti-catholic.

Its a belting tune though. You just can't help loving it. (tu)

if i give you a camcorder would you film it for me :crabflute2:

Agreed, but isn't the OO actively trying to clean up its image in that department. I also believe that the bands sometimes aren't even aligned to a lodge.

I would never join it 'cause I'm not religious I do however regognize that it does lots of work for charity etc

Something never reported due to a one sided campaign directed at them

so in other words - they sit in silence while the rest shoot their mouths off about the OO - sounds fair

They can sing whatever the hell they want, where did I say I wanted any Rangers fan to shut up?

That's Murray's wish