PC vs Mac

Adam

Have you ever noticed that in most movies or tv shows they'll be using a Mac? Personally I hate the things and will always use a PC but it's all down to personal taste. I'm very set in my ways, my phone will always be a Nokia, my computer a PC and my console a Playstation :P

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest therabbitt

Interesting read.

I still cant get past the fact that Macs look like they should be used by hairdressers or interior designers.

PC's are more manly.

:pipe:

Interesting read.

I still cant get past the fact that Macs look like they should be used by hairdressers or interior designers.

PC's are more manly.

:pipe:

Thats true :pipe:

Macs are nothing but a fashion statement, same as the ipod. That's why you constantly see them in soaps and shitty American dramas.

I had an Ipod when they first came out (1st Gen). They use to be a fantastic bit of kit but then it got popular and they were everwhere, it lost it's magic.

Give me a custom PC over a mac anyday.

PC's are better than Macs in every way.

I advise anyone who isn't clued up on computers to get a Mac, since they're idiot proof. I always laugh when a student tells me they've bought a Mac just so they can use Photoshop or something. Such a waste of money.

If you get a virus on a PC then it's your own fault. Never had one in 5+ years, nor a blue screen.

I do Popular Music and Recording at university and in the studio's we use PC's at uni and I have Logic express 7 on my mac at home, I do all my mixing at home thats 24 tracks of Audio with 512mb of RAM, you couldnt do that on a PC with the same 512mb of RAM ive tried the OS uses too much of it and becomes snail slow, with these new Mac's (mine is still 4 years old) there phenomenal for music and audio and handles plugins not a problem. PC's are the cheaper option though so its swings and roundabouts

Absolute pish. My explorer.exe is using up 30mb of my 2GB RAM right now, that's 30mb out of 2000mb. Practically nothing. I also just bought some dual channel 2GB ram for £35 which is way faster than any ram in a Mac.

then uve had a good find my man, the PC's ive tried the same application on (all PC's are built differently) have fallen short to my and other macs ive used.... my hatred of PC's is through my own experiences lets say and if uve had good ones then good for u man, but i'll always rave about Mac, because for the experiences ive had with both and Mac have been the better computer IMO.

Just to point out that if you have a good enough PC (a processor with SSE3 is basically a must (ie Core2Duo) then you can possibly install MAC OS X onto it. I've been lucky as my onboard motherboard stuff and graphics card is all really well supported by OS X.

Google 'osx86' and have a look if you're interested in it, it's way less hassle to get working perfectly than you'd think...

Buy a nice case and quiet fans and you can build something which basically is an mac at half the price!