Was last night the worst result in our history?

Thermopylae

given the financial implications and that theres no european football this year and in my lifetime

YES

I would say so, with the loss of 10 million - which we apparently bank for every year - meaning less signings + the beggars getting millions more without kicking a ball, a complete disaster.

What's the damned difference financially? We get to a Euro Cup final and they still cry poverty. It's a fucking sham. Who pocketed that money? Oh...wait.

BOOM BOOM

Murray is sitting on a landfill of money. Hes taking the piss.

I think what makes it even worse is it coming so soon after the high of Manchester. In a sense that made it unpredictable although at the same time perhaps it wasn't unexpected given the football we have been playing and poor signings over the summer

I think what makes it even worse is it coming so soon after the high of Manchester. In a sense that made it unpredictable although at the same time perhaps it wasn't quite so unexpected given the football we have been playing and poor signings over the summer

I don't mind Walter playing a 4-5-1 as it did work in Europe last season. What annoys me is the fact that we play this negative formation and have absolutely nobody in that formation who can create or give us a little flair. We need players who can change games in a second with some individual skill if we are to continue playing with this system.

There's a school of thought that'll say after the Hutton cash, the CL cash and UEFA Final cash, this was the one season where we could 'afford' to not be in Europe.

But then Walter spunked £7m of it on 3 strikers.

There's a school of thought that'll say after the Hutton cash, the CL cash and UEFA Final cash, this was the one season where we could 'afford' to not be in Europe.

In all seriousness I wonder if senility is beginning to set in with Walter. I look at his emotional outbursts at the end of last season and the irrational signings during the summer and scratch my head

I don't think we can ever afford not to be in Europe. Our domestic rivals are getting to the Champions League almost every year, so us failing at this stage is the equivalent of handing them an extra £10 million head start over us. It doesn't matter how healthy our finances are in relative terms, we can't afford to give Celtic that kind of advantage if we want to win the SPL.