Do Scottish Referees have a bias towards either half of the Old Firm?

papaguy51

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papaguy, you should have a wee commitee who discuss the decisions, even if its only a quick "aye it was awful mate" via pm.

I nominate me for the commitee.

Here Here Good Idea

Wants in commitee (tu)

Great idea, like an 'Unbias RangersMedia Decisions Panel' :lol:

Say...Kev, Foxy, Myself and Davy?

Since this is the brainchild of our wild deliberations?

Papaguy, you should have a wee commitee who discuss the decisions, even if its only a quick "aye it was awful mate" via pm.

Here Here Good Idea

Wants in commitee (tu)

ill be the manager

Brilliant - great idea ruined already by page 2 of the thread.

THIS IS A VALID EXPERIMENT AND ONE WE NEED TO ENSURE IS NOT CHEAPENED BY LITTLE COMMENTS ALL THE TIME!

Admin, CR, whoever - validate the experiment by closing (pre-modding) this to cheap looking comments that will only belittle what is trying to be achieved!

Please!

this wont work because of biastniss cause celtic probably should have had a penalty just before it with hesselink and the keeper

That's it - will we look at decisions NOT given for both sides, as well as the ones given??

Eg - if Falkirk had NOT been given the penalty yesterday and Rangers had scored the goal that we did, would the RM experiment have called it a draw?

Had Celtic NOT been awarded the penalty yesterday, would it have been called a draw. St Mirren or Celtic could still have won the game given it was 60 mins.

Not saying this isn't a great idea but it is absolutely NOT a predictor for what a game would have turned out to be. Our game on Sunday is the perfect example, there is no guarantee we would have equalised had Falkirk scored their penalty - but if it had NOT been awarded there is a possibility RM would have viewed it as a decision in Rangers favour from refs and considered us to be 1-0 down, but scoring a goal would have made it a draw.

Difficult to work points out based on decisions, but defo valid to count decisions that are wrong.

Graeme

Here Here Good Idea

Wants in commitee (tu)

Sounds like a plan

p.s. "Foxy".... I'm liking it ;)

this wont work because of biastniss cause celtic probably should have had a penalty just before it with hesselink and the keeper

This wont be 100% accurate at all . but some decisions could determine who wins and who loses a match

Say for instance a dodgy penalty is awarded in the 1st minute . And the team ends up winning 1-0 because of it . What will you do , account it as a draw ? still another 89 minutes to play and coulda have scored had the penalty never happened.

^^ Things will happen . it wont be 100% accurate. But it will give us an idea of the amount of errors made by referees in matches involving the Old Firm, For and Against .

Watp :rangers:

Who's to say Celtic wouldn't have went on to win the game if they never got the penalty?

This assume the game stops at that scoreline and regardless of how long is left. Thus, it's going to be full of errors and a pointless effort with no other outcome than spreading paranoia.

yeah but if we lose a goal due to a wrong decision then this should balance out also. no ifs or but about what would have happened, only wrong goals, Sendings off I reckon should have its own tally though, as would be hard to justify a points deduction.

Too many people moaning about paranoia etc.

You're not getting the point!

I want to see if there really is a bias in terms of refs getting 'questionable decisions' wrong in favour of the big two, either Rangers or Celtic. It's not an experiment to look at how big bad Celtic get all the decisions.

All I'm saying is that it will be very interesting to see how many wrong decisions each ref gives in favour of the Old Firm, the league table is just a bit of fun.

Here Here Good Idea

Wants in commitee (tu)

I want in.

Here Here Good Idea

Wants in commitee (tu)

I want in.

Will you be honest?