Don't Sing the Billy Boys

DadoPrso9

And by singing it, will turn the spotlight on us as fans (you know it will)

The whole anti-murray thing will be lost and people will focus on us solely

No. It will turn the spotlight onto Murray who will be given a final warning to get us to stop.

We wont. We will rebel against anything that dick says.

He gets hit where it hurts.

He then either stands up for us and turns around his ambition for the Club...

OR

He realises that his time is up and buggers off.

He should just give the club to someone who cares... he doesn't need the money anyway.

(tu) My thoughts exactly!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is that this protest is against Murray. Therefore we need to get as much media coverage of it as possible. If TBB is sung as a protest the media and everyone else in Scottish football will immediately construe the situation as Rangers fans showing how bigotted they are. Believe me, you may say that you couldn't care what the media think but these days if you are going to protest you need the media coverage.

Not to mention the fact that Ibrox could quite concievably be closed to supporters by Uefa if TBB is sung. The team is in a sorry enough state without the added hindrance of not being able to play infront of a home crowd. It is all well and good telling Murray where to go but our actions should have no impact on the Rangers team itself.

Say we all sing the Billy Boys and UEFA decide that Ibrox is going to be shut for a certain number of games. What does that say? We will be seen as hypocrites who can shout about Murray not caring where the club is going while at the same time we ourselves are negatively affecting our team's chances of success.

There are more effective ways of protesting against Murray, ones which will not portray our support in a bad light.

i am a catholic and grew up in a family full of celtic fans... does that make me any less of a rangers fan because i find the song offencive?.... that song does not sum up 100% support as u put it, it sums up your 100% small mindedness. there is no place for those type of songs at ibrox in this day and age. the song may not be about catholics but the majority of ppl who sing it look at it that way.

WELL SAID, I am also Catholic, I Hate the Catholic church and believe in nothing it says but I do have a certain respect for peoples Religion, What ever the Religion.

It's dark ages stuff, I dont support Rangers Because of The small minded minority who sing TBB to offend catholics, I support them because when i was a child in the 90's I remember watching Rangers in sheer amazement, My heart is blue. Its not fair on these fans. I know plenty of Catholic Rangers supporters, Nacho Novo for instance?

i am a catholic and grew up in a family full of celtic fans... does that make me any less of a rangers fan because i find the song offencive?.... that song does not sum up 100% support as u put it, it sums up your 100% small mindedness. there is no place for those type of songs at ibrox in this day and age. the song may not be about catholics but the majority of ppl who sing it look at it that way.

WELL SAID, I am also Catholic, I Hate the Catholic church and believe in nothing it says but I do have a certain respect for peoples Religion, What ever the Religion.

It's dark ages stuff, I dont support Rangers Because of The small minded minority who sing TBB to offend catholics, I support them because when i was a child in the 90's I remember watching Rangers in sheer amazement, My heart is blue. Its not fair on these fans. I know plenty of Catholic Rangers supporters, Nacho Novo for instance?

Are either of you fenians?

All it does is pander to the tims and the media who are WANTING US to be banned or docked points

It should be brought back, and Murray is a spineless cunt for not doing it

But singing it when nothing has been announced is pointless

Dont get encouraged by some posters on here either screaming for the rooftops for it to be sung. youve seen the amount of timposters on here already

Shout Murray GTF, And let him fucking know it, but no TBB, at all

:rangers:

Sorry pal but I'll be singing it.

I like the song, it sums us up as a support 100%. It's our anthem and should never be banned.

If the media, SPL, Celtic et al want to take a pop at us or take action against us... then fucking let them.

It's the handwringing and apathy that's partly responsible for us being in the doldrums right now.

OUr identity has been stolen. It's time to take it back.

That starts this Saturday with the Billy Boys.

We'll then take things from there.

I 2nd that, i loved it when we sang it against Villareal when the players came out .. didn't half send a shiver down my spine .. Loved it!

Singing the Billy boys will get us a fine from UEFA (i think we really need the fucking cash for new players), make us look like bigoted fools and will make them look like little angels.

David Murray will still be there.

So what's the point in singing it? Keep it for the Bus.

Singing the Billy boys will get us a fine from UEFA (i think we really need the fucking cash for new players), make us look like bigoted fools and will make them look like little angels.

It is not a match under UEFA jurisdiction.

Any punishment would come from The SPL or the SFA.

And by singing it, will turn the spotlight on us as fans (you know it will)

The whole anti-murray thing will be lost and people will focus on us solely

No. It will turn the spotlight onto Murray who will be given a final warning to get us to stop.

We wont. We will rebel against anything that dick says.

He gets hit where it hurts.

He then either stands up for us and turns around his ambition for the Club...

OR

He realises that his time is up and buggers off.

He should just give the club to someone who cares... he doesn't need the money anyway.

Then you woke up and found it was all a silly dream.

What utter nonsense. The thing that gets hurt is the club, the team and anyone advocating that doesn't care about the club or the team.

Murray and any other person who buys this club will not back the fans singing TBB. Murray will not give the club away and in the insane idea that he did who would he give it to? Who wants to spend multi millions of their own money on buying overpaid footballers?

Your dreaming mate.

Forget Fenain Blood you idiots.

Sing my version. At least yousve inspired me to give youse a song that WILL make a point, instead of a sectarian chant that'll only make things wrse.

Bury the Billy Boys and sing THIS

Hello hello we're no Murrays boys

hello hello can u hear our noise?

We're up to our knees in all your shite

Surrender and get out!

We are the real fans not your toys!

Now if THAT was sung, I'd be joining in. Makes a point. Offends nobody. No complaints from UEFA etc.

Sing my version. At least yousve inspired me to give youse a song that WILL make a point, instead of a sectarian chant that'll only make things wrse.

Surrender and get out!

Now if THAT was sung, I'd be joining in. Makes a point. Offends nobody. No complaints from UEFA etc.

Except even the tune is banned. <cr>

Surrender and get out!

ffs Manticore. Grow up. If they're fans they're fans. What has religion got to do with it?

Quite.

Maybe you should do some research and find out what a fenian is.

You know and I know, though, that the phress and the mhedia have now ensured that the word fenian is now construed as meaning Catholic, so it does not matter what the historical correct meaning is, it matters what is perceived as the correct definition now.

Surrender and get out!

Except even the tune is banned. <cr>

According to Minty it is banned by UEFA

But this is not a UEFA match.

It's all hypothetical, but imo the Scottish Football Authorities couldn't touch us for singing a non controversial version of TBB, because the tune is clearly not banned in Scottish Football.

And given current affairs 'Marching Through Georgia' is a topical song :D

It is not a match under UEFA jurisdiction.

Any punishment would come from The SPL or the SFA.

SPL, SFA, UEFA Doesn't matter who it is. We'll still get a fine, it'll drag our name through the mud once again and Murray will still be chairman. Is it worth it?

Surrender and get out!

I like that actually :unionflag: id be happy to sing this instead of TBB

I would sing the rangers version, not TBB version.

I think most fans won't appreciate the headlines that would get in the media.

It can only damage the club, Murray isn't going to leave over it.

Untill there is a buyer Murray must stay!! or we will be even worse off.

There seems to be an implicit assumption here that the rest of us all secretly support the same things you support, but are too acquiescent to make our voices heard. This couldn't be further from the truth; the reality is that most of us are not hardline Unionists obsessed with Ireland and most of us don't want our club to be associated with that narrow corner of the political spectrum, regardless of whether we're "allowed" to do so or not. This is a football team at the end of the day, not a political pressure group and the only thing worth singing about in that context is our club.

(tu)

Well said