Anyone on here own

azul

Well we had a 360 and my hubby loved it! I think if he could he would have took the thing to bed! lol Then one day we got the red light of death, and I honestly thought someone had died. Being the good wife that I am I said" it's ok honey we'll go and buy another one" two days later we are now the proud owners of a PS3!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we had a 360 and my hubby loved it! I think if he could he would have took the thing to bed! lol Then one day we got the red light of death, and I honestly thought someone had died. Being the good wife that I am I said" it's ok honey we'll go and buy another one" two days later we are now the proud owners of a PS3!

Thats called evolution (tu) the death of one species brings on the resurgence of a better one ;)

Does he find it better/worse/thesame??

Honestly, it depends what console you prefer.

I've always been a playstation person, (since nintendo) as a fan of the playstation, i'd say its great.

As a console geek, i'd still say that it is better, in the sense that in can play Blu Ray, its free online play and the hardware has much better potential to play much better games in the future.

Not to mention that the XBOX games are on DVD size discs, PS3 is Blu ray, it can hold 7 times as much data..

But both of them have their good factors, i mean the xbox is cheaper, and does have some quality games (tu)

I've always been a playstation person, (since nintendo) as a fan of the playstation, i'd say its great.

As a console geek, i'd still say that it is better, in the sense that in can play Blu Ray, its free online play and the hardware has much better potential to play much better games in the future.

Not to mention that the XBOX games are on DVD size discs, PS3 is Blu ray, it can hold 7 times as much data..

But both of them have their good factors, i mean the xbox is cheaper, and does have some quality games (tu)

Thanks. I have played the 360 quite a lot and I like it but I can't decide on whether it or the PS3 is the console for me. I haven't played on a PS3 but I do think the blue ray is impressive and I'm also not impressed with the reliability of the 360. Also had a ps1 and ps2 and liked those. But I'm not a MGS fan which seems to be the main plus (gameswise) for a ps3. If I had the dosh I'd have both lol. I'm sticking an extra line on the lotto this week, I feel lucky. :D

Thanks. I have played the 360 quite a lot and I like it but I can't decide on whether it or the PS3 is the console for me. I haven't played on a PS3 but I do think the blue ray is impressive and I'm also not impressed with the reliability of the 360. Also had a ps1 and ps2 and liked those. But I'm not a MGS fan which seems to be the main plus (gameswise) for a ps3. If I had the dosh I'd have both lol. I'm sticking an extra line on the lotto this week, I feel lucky. :D

I mean honestly, if you are just after games NOW and can't afford TOO much, go for the xbox. (although i say that, but you have to pay to play online doh)

But if you want something that is more a media center, and something for the future.. id say ps3..

I still say it depends what you want it for...

If you want it to play online get a 360, if not get a PS3!

If you dont have a blueray player get the PS3 and use it for them as well and get yourself a good HDMI cable...

PS missed a trick with the whole interaction part that COULD be resolved by Home but i dont know whats happening with that... McBoyd?

But the 360 has been out a lot longer than the PS3 so the xbox is going to have a bit of an advantage but in the next year the ps3 will blow it out the water if the developers can get to grips with the ps3! And if i remember correctly PS were actually designing a tool to make it easier for developers to make games using the PS3..

Both are good and at the end of the day get what one you prefer...

Ive had both for a while now and i play my 360 more purely because its better online IMO, but ive started going back to the PS3 now and i was surprised how much i use the blueray player!!

I mean honestly, if you are just after games NOW and can't afford TOO much, go for the xbox. (although i say that, but you have to pay to play online doh)

But if you want something that is more a media center, and something for the future.. id say ps3..

£25 a year....how much was your headset for your PS3?

HMMMMMMMMM. I'm quite surprised that some one that calls himself a geek prefers the PS3 Mr McBoyd!

Clearly you've had arguments along these lines before though. But how will the PS3 be able to host 'better' games in the future? Surely consoles are at the stage now where 2% of difference in 'power' isn't going to make any difference to the games they can play?

Even if you're going to fill the Blu-ray up with hours of HD video the 360 could still do this, albeit at reduced resolutions. Aaaaalso, if you read people like Carmack and Newell they are VERY outspoken at times regarding the performance of the PS3. As I understand it (and I don't) theoretically you could squeeze more out of it than the 360 but according to these guys no-one is ever likely to be able to do this due to the really complex architecture in the Cell chips. If it had an unassailable market lead like the PS2 did then it might be worthwhile.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?artic...4508&page=2 Carmack (ID's game engine 'genius') interview.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=202449 'face offs' where they compare 360 against PS3 versions of stuff. Technically the 360 comes out on top nearly all the time. This is multi format stuff though.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173540 Gabe Newell (Valve) interview

HMMMMMMMMM. I'm quite surprised that some one that calls himself a geek prefers the PS3 Mr McBoyd!

Clearly you've had arguments along these lines before though. But how will the PS3 be able to host 'better' games in the future? Surely consoles are at the stage now where 2% of difference in 'power' isn't going to make any difference to the games they can play?

Even if you're going to fill the Blu-ray up with hours of HD video the 360 could still do this, albeit at reduced resolutions. Aaaaalso, if you read people like Carmack and Newell they are VERY outspoken at times regarding the performance of the PS3. As I understand it (and I don't) theoretically you could squeeze more out of it than the 360 but according to these guys no-one is ever likely to be able to do this due to the really complex architecture in the Cell chips. If it had an unassailable market lead like the PS2 did then it might be worthwhile.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?artic...4508&page=2 Carmack (ID's game engine 'genius') interview.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=202449 'face offs' where they compare 360 against PS3 versions of stuff. Technically the 360 comes out on top nearly all the time. This is multi format stuff though.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173540 Gabe Newell (Valve) interview

Some good points mate! (tu)

In the nicest way possible McBoyd is a bit of a PSfanboy so thats why he said the PS3 is better but he backs his opinions up which is fair enough.

One thing i would say though is the cases where the xbox comes out on top are as you said, multi format stuff...and IMO this can be put down to the PS3 being harder for developers to use...

A lot of the games are designed on the 360 and then cloned and tones down a bit for PC etc but the PS3 usually has to have major changes included and a lot of the time developers cant be bothered with the hassle and do a half hearted job!

If they could compare console specific releases i would bet my house the PS3 would beat the xbox but then the game quality could come into it meaning it wouldnt be a level playing feild!

If you dont have a blueray player get the PS3 and use it for them as well and get yourself a good HDMI cable...

PS missed a trick with the whole interaction part that COULD be resolved by Home but i dont know whats happening with that... McBoyd?

But the 360 has been out a lot longer than the PS3 so the xbox is going to have a bit of an advantage but in the next year the ps3 will blow it out the water if the developers can get to grips with the ps3! And if i remember correctly PS were actually designing a tool to make it easier for developers to make games using the 360...

Ive had both for a while now and i play my 360 more purely because its better online IMO, but ive started going back to the PS3 now and i was surprised how much i use the blueray player!!

(tu) Listen to this man, he knows what hes on about.

HOME is coming out fall 08 apparently, NOVEMBER is the rumour, i went away for a few days and MISSED the chance to be in the HOME BETA..GUTTED. :(

Oh well, life goes on :lol:

But the 360 has been out a lot longer than the PS3 so the xbox is going to have a bit of an advantage but in the next year the ps3 will blow it out the water if the developers can get to grips with the ps3! And if i remember correctly PS were actually designing a tool to make it easier for developers to make games using the 360...

(tu) Listen to this man, he knows what hes on about.

HOME is coming out fall 08 apparently, NOVEMBER is the rumour, i went away for a few days and MISSED the chance to be in the HOME BETA..GUTTED. :(

Oh well, life goes on :lol:

That is gutting man!!

If they do it correctly Home could be amazing!

if they make it like a toned down second life i think it would be good, but obviously have things like options to add others into groups to join games together!

Is that the full release in November-ish or the final beta?

We need to find someone in the beta to see whats happening!

If they could compare console specific releases i would bet my house the PS3 would beat the xbox but then the game quality could come into it meaning it wouldnt be a level playing feild!

Heh, well, yes this is the crux isn't really.

I still think PS3 exclusives (and I'm not anti-Sony person as lots on the internet seem to be, I loved my PS2) are a little bit bland in comparison. Resistance is an average FPS really no matter how you look at it. Also if I had a PS3 I'd be up for spending an extra £25 a year for the extra service but I guess loads wouldn't.

I do want MGS4 really, but saying that that's about it. I've got every console since the NES though so I should imagine I'll be getting one eventually. When they come down in price a lot though, another reason I'm not that interested just now is it's quite a bit more expensive for probably less than you get with the 360 at the moment.

Also does home not seem REALLY pointless to you?

I'm not sure if it won't just be quietly scrapped actually. That seems to be the consensus among some people anyway. hmmm.

In the nicest way possible McBoyd is a bit of a PSfanboy so thats why he said the PS3 is better but he backs his opinions up which is fair enough.

:lol:

I was going to rant on about how the PS3s' cell processor and GPU has a potential of 2 TERAFLOPS and 210 GIGAFLOPS (cpu alone) whereas the XBOX only runs on 115 GIGAFLOPS

And more, but i thought i'd save you the boring details :lol:

I dunno. Like I say, when I had my PS3 I really, really missed the extra... slickness of xbox live. Maybe you only really miss it when it's not there. A lot of things about the PS3 are really quite clunky (except the actual hardware, you'd hardly know it's on, while the old model 360s sounded like a village on the Georgia-Russian border.)

I don't understand Del's point at all about online play. Xbox is slightly better online, but it IS NOT £25 better.

It is far better than the PS3 online. It's the one area that xbox is streets ahead in.

You'll get more life outa the PS3 IMO and online will improve. Bluray leads the way now and PS3 has superior components. Games will get bigger and better, too big for the xbox to handle.

I only have an 360 at the moment and it's nothing more than a solid console. PS3 is the way forward imo.

Games will get bigger and better, too big for the xbox to handle.

I only have an 360 at the moment and it's nothing more than a solid console. PS3 is the way forward imo.

In what way isn't the PS3 just a solid console? It's nothing special. And it's never really going to have games that the xbox 'can't handle'.

The time where consoles were technically way ahead of PCs is long gone, now they are more about being affordable media hubs. Neither the PS3 or the 360 is that great. The PS3 is not especially powerful, for one it has an off-the-shelf graphics card inside, just like the 360. Sony have exaggerated a LOT with the PS3 in the hope that some of it will stick. It appears some of it has.