***The Official Hibs v Rangers Thread***

Muff

"How are we going to score goals without Boyd?", they cried!

Weirdly enough, I feel it's only right to point out that in the two games we've played without Boyd (Hibs and Celtic), we've scored 7 goals! Strength in depth.

While Boyd is without doubt the best out-and-out finisher we have, my biggest gripe about starting him is that when he plays the rest of the team don't seem to get as many scoring chances. So if Boyd doesn't score no-one does! If Walter could figure out a way to keep the balance of todays side with Boyd playing we'd probably have the league won in February, but I doubt if anyone can work that one out. (tu)

No real reason to bring Boyd into a thread after we won 3-0 , some people feel the need to have a pop at him , even when he is not playing

we got 3points today , lets not kid ourselves that we were superb , we had 4 shots on target and scored 3 goals , they had similar and scored none

be happy we won

Nah, disagree.

It was in response to everyone wondering how we'd score without him, just pointing out that we've actually scored 7 in the 2 games without him.

I agree with Roy, who knows how the management trio will strike a decent balance - but that's what they're paid for!

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason Boyd has been brought into the talk is due to the fact that once the team had been announced, people wondered where the goals would come from and didn't seem happy that he'd been dropped.

Boyd didnt even play and some people still find a chance to have a dig. doh

Are you fucking blind?

Myself and Muff explained why the point was brought up.

Where's the dig? I'm stating fact, and highlighting that it shows me we have major strength in depth. Which is a good thing, no dig!

Weirdly enough, I feel it's only right to point out that in the two games we've played without Boyd (Hibs and Celtic), we've scored 7 goals! Strength in depth.

While Boyd is without doubt the best out-and-out finisher we have, my biggest gripe about starting him is that when he plays the rest of the team don't seem to get as many scoring chances. So if Boyd doesn't score no-one does! If Walter could figure out a way to keep the balance of todays side with Boyd playing we'd probably have the league won in February, but I doubt if anyone can work that one out. (tu)

No real reason to bring Boyd into a thread after we won 3-0 , some people feel the need to have a pop at him , even when he is not playing

we got 3points today , lets not kid ourselves that we were superb , we had 4 shots on target and scored 3 goals , they had similar and scored none

be happy we won

Nah, disagree.

It was in response to everyone wondering how we'd score without him, just pointing out that we've actually scored 7 in the 2 games without him.

I agree with Roy, who knows how the management trio will strike a decent balance - but that's what they're paid for!

no problem with you disagreeing , i did not see all these threads asking where the goals would come from

i was confident of the win , whether Boyd plays or not

Our midfield is a class above the rest , they are the reason we are scoring more goals this year

we will continue to play various combinations upfront , i have no problem who plays , as i said before the game

some on here just dont want certain players to play even if the contribute goals

The reason Boyd has been brought into the talk is due to the fact that once the team had been announced, people wondered where the goals would come from and didn't seem happy that he'd been dropped.

rangers are not all about 1 man , its team game , some players contribute differently to the team , boyd is goals

he cannot and should not play every game

i just feel we should concentrate on being positive after a great result and a decent performance

rangers are not all about 1 man , its team game , some players contribute differently to the team , boyd is goals

i just feel we should concentrate on being positive after a great result and a decent performance

Lets not turn this into a Boyd debate.

As I've said, I highlighted the fact to show strength in depth all over the park in terms of getting goals. It's all positive, no need for argument.

We always play much better, when best out-and-out finisher :unsure: (two goals in six starts)Boyd,doesn't set foot on the park. (tu)

Lets not turn this into a Boyd debate.

As I've said, I highlighted the fact to show strength in depth all over the park in terms of getting goals. It's all positive, no need for argument.

there is no boyd debate or arguement from me , i don't care who plays as long as we win

We always play much better, when best out-and-out finisher :unsure: (two goals in six starts)Boyd,doesn't set foot on the park. (tu)

usual pish from you

It's only natural to see how the team perform when someone doesn't take part. The same happens when Novo doesn't play, when Fergie doesn't play, etc.

Not read this thread yet or gauged much opinions, but I thought we were very very good today. An enjoyable game with two outstanding goals from miller with two outstanding contributions from Broadfoot.

Thought the whole team played very well, no passengers and no-one hid.

Very happy with that game. Every one of our players contributed, perhaps only excluding Darcheville, but he needs game to get up to speed. In the meantime, he will work hard too, so it's a partnership that certainly creates chances and openings.

As for Miller, what can you say about those two finishes. Superb! I was really happy for him. He's given more than we'd even optimistically expect so far. He gets stuck in for 90 minutes and was even closing down the keeper when we were 3 up, with a 20 yard dash. Even after having his head stood on, he just kept going last week and contributing.

He's certainly won me over on these performances.

I really enjoyed today's game and I'm as confident as I was in my "How many points...." thread.

Are you fucking blind?

Myself and Muff explained why the point was brought up.

Where's the dig? I'm stating fact, and highlighting that it shows me we have major strength in depth. Which is a good thing, no dig!

If it was Cousin, you would have said the same.