How many guys on RM thought they had a chance of making it to the Pros?

polar bear

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had trials for raith rovers football club when i was 16 but then my family moved to usa and i had to go with.... i missed the oppurtunity... if only i could turn back time

Where in the US are you?

Texas...

had trials for raith rovers football club when i was 16 but then my family moved to usa and i had to go with.... i missed the oppurtunity... if only i could turn back time

Guy that coaches me on my College Course plays for Raith, Hes on loan to Albion or something though, i know quite a few playerers who play with Raith.

My lack of dedication amounted to being uncoachable(so my coaches used to tell me)all the talent needed,but I always new better than them,

(nothing changes eh?)the straw that broke the camels back,was my repeated ventures over to sidelines to ask the old guy with the tranny how the

gers were doing.The coaches gave me the ultimatum It's us or the Rangers,no contest really eh? :rangers::lol:

When I ran about just about every one of us in our 'gang' for the want of a better word could have made it. The Sou'side was full of teams and we all played morning , noon and night. Funny the more talented of us didn't apply ourselves as much as the grafters did, some went junior and one or two senior and there was plenty trials at clubs down south and at home. We were more interested in enjoying ourselves and I'm afraid the drink culture put paid to most aspirations. We would rather stand in the boozer under age drinking and then go on supporters buses, get a carry out and head for the game. Glasgow was full of teams that pushed people who if were willing to tow the line forward. Possil YM, Drumchapel Ams, Eastercraigs, Glasgow Ams, Glasgow Utd. Not the same anymore, not enough real football people at that level anymore and that is reflected lets face it by some of the shite you see playing professional football on the park today. :sherlock:

played for brechin city, played on most pitches around scotland, scored at ibrox in play on the park which was feckin immense, but have to say the guys i played with at my age who include dailly, bollan, dickov etc, for all there faults they were committed to their goal, were as the likes of me thought i was missing going out with the mates!! so no complaints!! :unionflag:

When I ran about just about every one of us in our 'gang' for the want of a better word could have made it. The Sou'side was full of teams and we all played morning , noon and night. Funny the more talented of us didn't apply ourselves as much as the grafters did, some went junior and one or two senior and there was plenty trials at clubs down south and at home. We were more interested in enjoying ourselves and I'm afraid the drink culture put paid to most aspirations. We would rather stand in the boozer under age drinking and then go on supporters buses, get a carry out and head for the game. Glasgow was full of teams that pushed people who if were willing to tow the line forward. Possil YM, Drumchapel Ams, Eastercraigs, Glasgow Ams, Glasgow Utd. Not the same anymore, not enough real football people at that level anymore and that is reflected lets face it by some of the shite you see playing professional football on the park today. :sherlock:

Same story,different era BD. (tu)

Trials mean nothing.

I got offered trials with Celtic Boys Club and am far from the best player in my league up here.. far from the best in my team either. Dont have anywere near the fitness to train EVERYDAY either :lol:

Off course i never went to the trials, incase you ask :lol:

Trials mean nothing.

I got offered trials with Celtic Boys Club and am far from the best player in my league up here.. far from the best in my team either. Dont have anywere near the fitness to train EVERYDAY either :lol:

So did I son, and like or loathe them for the crimes committed they had some players in them days, they snapped everybody up, celtic bhoys club virtually had as many teams as there were in the first division. Their theory being if they had them playing for them the others didn't and to some extent it worked. I just couldn't do it, I couldn't put that jersey on. :sherlock:

Same story,different era BD. (tu)

There was a glut of talent then that never made, defo not the same now, all their academys of excellence in the world will not beat a scouting system with an eye for a player whether he be playing in glasgow green or in the street ! Academys lend themselves to the pals act and bringing players on only to sell asap. You put shite in you will still get shite out. :sherlock:

Trials mean nothing.

Your league must be pretty pish then , if your saying your the best player. But arent fit enough to train everyday .. your league must be fool of alot of unfit folk. you might think your the best player but no havin the fitness folk would walk by you at pro youth. and the celtic boys club , dont they just go upto under 17's or something . they play in normal local leagues, no against other spl teams or that .. im sure

" Trials mean nothing "

They could mean something if youd actually showed up :P

Trials mean nothing.

Your league must be pretty pish then , if your saying your the best player. But arent fit enough to train everyday .. your league must be fool of alot of unfit folk. you might think your the best player but no havin the fitness folk would walk by you at pro youth. and the celtic boys club , dont they just go upto under 17's or something . they play in normal local leagues, no against other spl teams or that .. im sure

" Trials mean nothing "

ha ha well said

Trials mean nothing.

" Trials mean nothing "

He said he is FAR FROM THE THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. Not the best (tu)

Is RDB Charlie Adam in disguise? Eating too many pies to train everyday?? :harhar:

Never really set the heather on fire. In my younger years was much stronger and faster than most and could run riot. Stayed in a small village so played every day as there was nothing else to do. Played for Strathaven Dynamoes from about 13 to 15 always in an older age group than I was supposed to.

Went to EK Swifts for 4 years from 16-20yrs old and won 2 POY awards playing at CB. We weren't a great team and Busby always won the league but one year we pushed them close. Asked along to South Lanarkshire Select but couldn't get transport :( Always felt I was wasted at CB as was only 5'9 and would never make it pro playing there.

That's about it I guess. Same as alot of people started drinking and smoking and once the Swifts finished never got another team as I was back and forward to Paddy Land working for 2 years. :so_sad: :lol:

I would say I had the ability and physique, but my confidence was low as I was struggling with diabetes in my teens. Will need to play for RM some time to fulfil my dream of playing in the Rangers strip. :rangers: