All red socks

jamd1986

my old uncle would quake.

rangers socks are black and red..tradition and memories mean alot to some bears,,dont treat it lightly,its erosion of principals

Rangers wore all blue socks and all red socks well before wearing the red and black socks. So really we are just going back to following those traditions.

Personally I prefer the red and black but I can't say that what colour of socks the team wears bothers me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the red socks looked cracking. They gave the strip that old school kind of look.

What i do hate is the European blue tops/blue shorts/blue socks combination. If it had some historic reason behind it, then fair enough, but we only started using it because Alex McLeish thought that it was a lucky omen after we wore it in the win against Copenhagen. It looks horrendous.

i liked them for a change, never been a massive fan of the black socks. i like the strip all blue, the plainer the better. if Rangers kit was like the new Man U away strip it would be gorgeous, look like a classic strip.

i'd actually prefer no red in strip apart from maybe the stars, all blue and white the way it should be. one of ma fav tops was 2nd Nike top, 1st NTL top, was just blue and white, very tidy looking. (was some team we had then as well !!!)