Bougherra

JohnGalbraith

Liked Bougherra since day one.

Doesn't panic. Confidence in his ability to deal with things. Will make a mistake or two but nothing major

that has caused a goal.

Tall, strong, and looks like he can handle anyone.

He's still young. Hope we can hold on to him for a good while.

Hopefully we get a good run out of him before we sell him for 10 million ^_^

hes a decent defender but a think theres 3 or 4 players ahead of him for player of the month

Like who?

mendes

davis

miller

Mendes got last months player of the month. Davis and Miller are in with a chance, yup.

that doesnt rule him out this time, he's been just as good this month if not better

Bougherra looks better than Cuellar, who I thought was a bit over-rated. Neither him nor Weir could come out of defence with the ball, which I feel is an essential quality at Rangers, as most of the games (SPL) we are playing against a team with 11 men behind the ball, the midfield get tackled as soon as the ball comes to them, etc, so I think you need a defender who is comfortable in possession, and who can take it up the park on his own if there isn't a good pass on. Amoruso being the best example of that in recent years at Rangers, Bougherra reminds me of him a bit. Amoruso set up a lot of goals with his runs (eg. Arveladze's goal in the 6-1 SPL decider against Dunfermline) and scored a few himself (eg. against Aberdeen at Pittodrie).

Of course Bougherra isn't being tested in Europe, so we can't totally judge him yet, but I thought Cuellar and Weir were too similar. I thought Advocaat had the right idea, with Moore and Amoruso - Moore to do the 'dirty work' and Amoruso to build from the back. Having two similar players, like those two donkeys Caldwell and McManus at celtic, is a bit of a weakness, in my opinion..

Broadfoot or Davis for me, the 2 of them have been superb for us so far this month

Bougherra didnt have the best of games at Firhill but he has been solid for us so far and long may it continue :)