Rangers in the Premiership

Dobie.7

286 members have voted

1. 1. Rangers to enter Premiership

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Join the Welsh League instead.

What are Your views on Rangers going down to the Premiership? (if we were)

I think if we joined we would get:

. Alot of money for getting there

.Humped by the bigger teams

.Celtic following complaining of being bored and feeling left out.

Sorry about Premeir League got carried away with myself and confuzzeld <cr>

We're not going to the Premiership and probably never will, but still these threads pop up. I for one am sick to the back teeth of the subject.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not going to the Premiership and probably never will, but still these threads pop up. I for one am sick to the back teeth of the subject.

I kinda am. And I wish we could leave Scotland. Albeit we'd probably end up like Newcastle in England. But it's a risk worth taking.

I think bear just summed himself up, away for a wankathon. good for you.

Rangers have supporters clubs worldwide, not just ex pats but actual people who have become fans of the club through friendships with fellow bears. Its fact.

I've met some people from Holland, Germany, USA and the like who found out about the Gers without ex-pats telling them about us. I also believe there is a fan club in Hamburg which was set up about 30 years ago by some German guys who found they loved the Gers.

So to say we don't have the potential to be massive is a little naive on your part.

Thats how teams get support from other countries around the world, they may just find out about our club by accident or indeed by a bear on his travels.

Then dont open the thread and leave a reply. You can huff and puff all you want but it is still a subject people want to talk about. If they wouldnt they wouldnt have left 5 pages worth of replys. whould they?

Name 15 other clubs world wide better supported than Rangers?

Real Madrid

Barca

Juve

Inter

Milan

Celtic

Ajax

Bayern Munich

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Boca juniors

Riverplate

Sporting Lisbon

You forgot about Bunyodkor ( eks - Kuruvchi ).

http://www.pfc-kuruvchi.com/eng/index.asp

:harhar:

We will never be let in. They interviewed players and managers in the EPL and they loved the idea of the Old Firm coming in but football is a business and the boards of the smaller clubs would kick up a stink because they would lose revenue. Both we and Celtic get a lot of bad press as well so I doubt they'd particularly want the shit that comes with the Old Firm rivalry down there.

I think the question everyone has to ask themselves is this, if a Man utd were in the Scottish league would they get 50,000 or 60,000 every second week?

If the answer is no, then it's simple Rangers and the mhanky mob would easily challenge for the Premiership.

The fact is only tthree teams in the Premiership have a stadium bigger than Rangers and Celtic, both could easily upgrade if we moved there. Both would receive more money in one season than they would make in ten up here.

But the simple FACT is - as has been proved - we will NEVER play in England unless something drastic happens, because they don't want us there. But imagine the Premiership having one of the biggest derbies in world football.

Also on the subject this is Arsenals season ticket prices from 2006/2007...

Season ticket prices for 2006-07 ranged between £885 and £1,825

You could argue the money would be great for our club since the lowest is double that of our highest! But how many of us would be priced out of following Rangers at that price, I mean I struggle just now.

well lets look at our 2 major problems when trying to sign players:

1. Money. We just dont have enough money coming in to the club, unless we do well in Europe. We can't pay huge amounts of money for good players and still afford their wages. Imagine what funds we could have if we got the money the English teams get. We are always there or there abouts in the top 20 riches clubs in Europe (whereas the other English clubs that are there are only there due to rich billionaires taking them over or casue of the money they get from the league they are in) give us that TV and sponsorship money and we'd be a massive spending force

2. The league we are in. The problem with signing players other than money is the league we are in. We are not in a big league and good players want to play in good leagues. No matter what way you but it, we are a big team, we are one of the biggest in Europe and the world. There's not a place in the world I've been and no one heard of Rangers (and I've been a few places) someone always reconises my jersey. We can attract big players to us, its just they dont want to play in the SPL for a number of reasons. Thats the reason why we struggle to sign players without the pull of European football

Throwing us in the English Premier league would give us both the things we need to sign quality players. Therefore I believe after a few years in that league, we would challenge the big guns

Bayern Munich

Huahuahuahua!

Great Joke!

Bayern Munich is surely not better Supported than the great Gers are :rolleyes:

Every Bayern Home Game is an an Away Match for the South German side because of their poor supporters....

There's also even LESS chance than ever now that our fans reputation with recent rioting and sectarianism is lower than ever.

I don't want to go through the 'but it's just a small minority' shite again, it's a fact though that this is how we are seen and I doubt the EPL would particularly want us there at the moment.

Which is the final nail is an already pretty tightly nailed coffin :(

There's also even LESS chance than ever now that our fans reputation with recent rioting and sectarianism is lower than ever.

I don't want to go through the 'but it's just a small minority' shite again, it's a fact though that this is how we are seen and I doubt the EPL would particularly want us there at the moment.

Which is the final nail is an already pretty tightly nailed coffin :(

It wasn't a small minority, it was a tiny minority. And this is "how we are seen" because the lie is continually reinforced.

Bayern Munich

Huahuahuahua!

Great Joke!

Bayern Munich is surely not better Supported than the great Gers are :rolleyes:

Every Bayern Home Game is an an Away Match for the South German side because of their poor supporters....

Haha true. Borussia Dortmund and Schalke both have far better sets of fans than Bayern Munich does. I'd venture the only reason people know about Bayern outside of Europe is because they've won the European Cup a few times back in the day but I don't know anyone who actually supports them. Tops I most frequently see here in Australia are:

Man U

Arsenal

Chelsea

Barca

Real Madrid

with occassional Ajax, Milan, Inter or Juve top. Unfortunately I see more Celtic tops than Rangers out and about :(

Never never never. Prices are already too high in Scotland so wouldn't want to pay Premiershit prices. We have a large following as Scotland is small but that would soon come to end when we have to travel to London 4 or 5 times a season. We are Scottish not English and should be Playing in Scotland no where else. Not a British league not a Euro league just Scottish.

What should be happening is a restructure of Scottish football as it is dull. 18 teams with playing each other 2 times a year make it worth while. Playing each other 4 times or sometime up to 6 times a season brings no excitement and would give the smaller teams something better to look at. get rid of one of the league we are too small a country for 4 top leagues.

Introduce the Pyramid scheme like England so that some of the Junior team who have bigger crowds than some 3rd Div teams can get a shot at the big time and make it more enjoyable. Would also get rid of some of the crap that cling onto football for dear life.

Would like to see it, income etc would be greater, but we would be humped soundly by the top 6 teams.

Would prefer a Euro league.

Won't happen though as the EFA would never let it. Too many other teams that would halt it in its tracks.

playing man united -city

Liverpool everyweek who needs the champions league :bouncy: :harhar:

The trouble with us is like Celtic, we have our hardcore base throughout the UK but outside that and even in Northern Ireland we are everyone's 2nd favourite team.