Is Walter Smith still the right man to manage our Football club?

Columbo

Is Walter Smith the right man for the Job?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Is Walter the right man?

• Yes
    • No
    • Wait Until the Season's finished before deciding

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you're right, he has spent plenty, but has also been forced to sell his two best players. £16 million from that and he's not got the ability to attract players of the same established calibre in to the SPL. People don't consider the circumstances. The Rangers job is harder than any job in English football and arguably any other job in Scotland.

Well he managed to attract the likes of Bougherra, Mendes and Davis. Three quality players, two of them proven Premiership players.

He's also wasted money. You obviously don't know the quality around Europe, the clubs they play for and how much they move for. There is plenty out there. Smith just chose to waste some of it on his mates/ex players/shite...

Stephan Lichtsteiner, a perfect example, moved to Lazio for a small sum and small wages, yet was a great performer at the euros and has been solid for Lazio so far I believe

Yes you're right, he has spent plenty, but has also been forced to sell his two best players. £16 million from that and he's not got the ability to attract players of the same established calibre in to the SPL. People don't consider the circumstances. The Rangers job is harder than any job in English football and arguably any other job in Scotland.

Well he managed to attract the likes of Bougherra, Mendes and Davis. Three quality players, two of them proven Premiership players.

He's also wasted money. You obviously don't know the quality around Europe, the clubs they play for and how much they move for. There is plenty out there. Smith just chose to waste some of it on his mates/ex players/shite...

Stephan Lichtsteiner, a perfect example, moved to Lazio for a small sum and small wages, yet was a great performer at the euros and has been solid for Lazio so far I believe

There's a hundred examples Eck, and Lichtsteiner is a cracker.

As I said in a thread previous, Muff, DBBTB, TMWWBK, yourself and I are really sad and watch too much football :harhar:

The amount of players we've suggested that have been ignored by the club (obviously not expecting them to read it) but moved on for smaller fees than what we've paid for overpriced donkeys is unreal.

We really could be doing a LOT more in terms of creative scouting, I won't accept any argument on that.

As I said in a thread previous, Muff, DBBTB, TMWWBK, yourself and I are really sad and watch too much football :harhar:

The amount of players we've suggested that have been ignored by the club (obviously not expecting them to read it) but moved on for smaller fees than what we've paid for overpriced donkeys is unreal.

We really could be doing a LOT more in terms of creative scouting, I won't accept any argument on that.

If we finally get Oguchi Onyewu on a free at the end of the season, I ll be happy :P

If we finally get Oguchi Onyewu on a free at the end of the season, I ll be happy :P

That would be a superb move, especially with Edu and Beasley already here.

If it's not Onyewu, I'd love Frank Baumann on a bosman.

Ill be honest, i've absolutely no problem with the way Smith lined the team up in the UEFA Cup final.

Bayern Munich went to the Petrovsky stadium in the semi's and tried to "play" football. They were absolutely murdered and they were chasing shadows for the most part. Bear in mind, they were up against a Zenit side who were missing Andrei Arshavin and the criminally underrated Radek Sirl.

I really, really doubt that the scoreline would have been any different if Nacho Novo started in the final. If he did start, he'd have been played wide right instead of Whittaker, and lets face it, Whittaker (who is primarally a defender) struggled to cope with the rampaging runs of Sirl and Denisov. God knows what they would have done to Novo.

As i've discussed with Boab before, my main regret with the final was the timing of the subs. Other than that, i think our luck just ran out.

Ill be honest, i've absolutely no problem with the way Smith lined the team up in the UEFA Cup final.

Bayern Munich went to the Petrovsky stadium in the semi's and tried to "play" football. They were absolutely murdered and they were chasing shadows for the most part. Bear in mind, they were up against a Zenit side who were missing Andrei Arshavin and the criminally underrated Radek Sirl.

I really, really doubt that the scoreline would have been any different if Nacho Novo started in the final. If he did start, he'd have been played wide right instead of Whittaker, and lets face it, Whittaker (who is primarally a defender) struggled to cope with the rampaging runs of Sirl and Denisov. God knows what they would have done to Novo.

As i've discussed with Boab before, my main regret with the final was the timing of the subs. Other than that, i think our luck just ran out.

I'm not one for ugly football, but maybe we shoulda just kicked them off the bloody park :D

That would be a superb move, especially with Edu and Beasley already here.

If it's not Onyewu, I'd love Frank Baumann on a bosman.

Onyewu or Baumann would do me, mate.

Onyewu or Barr? Baumann or Reynolds? Goian or Berra?

It's not hard, Walter.

(tu)

On Novo, even HT. I did say I could understand leaving the team as it was tbf but I am open to a Novo start while reflecting.

I'm not one for ugly football, but maybe we shoulda just kicked them off the bloody park :D

We should have played our wild card by starting big Amdy Faye up front. :cool:

I can just imagine Shirokov and Krizanac looking at each other in bewilderment as the enviromentally unsafe Amdy batters through them with his powerhouse runs.

I can just imagine Shirokov and Krizanac looking at each other in bewilderment as the enviromentally unsafe Amdy batters through them with his powerhouse runs.

Amdy Faye - The black Chernobyl :lol:

Amdy Faye - The black Chernobyl :lol:

Hahahaha, superb. I shall refer to him as that from this day forward.

• 2 months later...