Fletcher: "Boyd is laziest in training"

Did anyone else see Darren Fletcher's interview on Soccer AM on Saturday morning?

He was asked a list of quick-fire questions, one of which was "Which Scotland player is laziest in training?". He said that Kris Boyd was by far the laziest member of the Scotland squad.

I like Boyd and I've always wondered why none of his managers seem to fancy him. I've heard all the rumours about Boyd's lifestyle and all the conspiracy theories about why he isn't an automatic first pick. People have blamed it on everything from boozing to team formation. Maybe it's just simply that he's not prepared to put the work in. Criminal for a guy with his natural ability.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else see Darren Fletcher's interview on Soccer AM on Saturday morning?

He was asked a list of quick-fire questions, one of which was "Which Scotland player is laziest in training?". He said that Kris Boyd was by far the laziest member of the Scotland squad.

I like Boyd and I've always wondered why none of his managers seem to fancy him. I've heard all the rumours about Boyd's lifestyle and all the conspiracy theories about why he isn't an automatic first pick. People have blamed it on everything from boozing to team formation. Maybe it's just simply that he's not prepared to put the work in. Criminal for a guy with his natural ability.

Any links mate?It doesnt surprise me

http://www.socceram.com/story/0,21644,13873_4244798,00.html

FFS Boydie wont miss him after that

He has a dig at just about every Gers player in the squad!

Id heard that about Boydie before,i think its a foregone conclusion he is away either in january or pre season,and im a Boyd fan as long as he scores or contributes

WORST TRAINER

Kris Boyd. He hardly moves, doesn't run, doesn't like doing anything, but put the ball in the box and he will score nine times out of ten. He's one of the best finishers I've seen but in terms of enthusiasm and work rate he's probably the worst trainer.

I don't suppose Fletcher can expect a Christmas card from Boyd now. Thats a pretty harsh thing to say about a team-mate, even if meant as a joke.

WORST TRAINER

Kris Boyd. He hardly moves, doesn't run, doesn't like doing anything, but put the ball in the box and he will score nine times out of ten. He's one of the best finishers I've seen but in terms of enthusiasm and work rate he's probably the worst trainer.

I don't suppose Fletcher can expect a Christmas card from Boyd now. Thats a pretty harsh thing to say about a team-mate, even if meant as a joke.

Its harsh, when his goals contributed to our qualify campaign for the euros

WORST TRAINER

Imo it is a sign that all is not well in the dressing room.

A real team does not diss team members like that.

I'd love to see the big guy get his arse in gear. He has so much ability but has an arrogant laziness that won't help any team out. If he added work rate and effort to his finishing, then he would be amongst the best on the planet. As it stands, it almost hurts to watch him fritter away such talent.

I noticed that, how about worst player, Fletcher

WORST TRAINER

A very valid point. (tu)

I think confidence in Burley is draining away by the second and, ironically, it may be due to his negligence and alcoholism.

He seems a decent man who can achieve a lot in management, but I suspect he's fatally flawed by his own character.

Fletcher, how bout you sort you're National performances out before havin' a pop at anyone else.

All very well playing good for Man Utd but ye can get fucked for all I care.

Must know fine well that Boyd is always slated for bein lazy but don't give yer voice to it.

WORST TRAINER

I agree, whether Boyd is lazy or not in training, it appears very un-captain like for Fletcher to throw him under the bus like that. If I were Boyd, I would have no respect for Darren Fletcher after what he said.

Fletchers a rhat arsed rhattler and a fcukin dud to boot, he is gettin the slagging of Rangers players in now because once a new Scotland manager comes in probably Souness he knows he hasn't a snowballs chance in hell of gettin this 100 caps the mhedia have been waxing lyrical about, he's shite and he knows he his ! :sherlock:

WORST TRAINER

definetly m8, there was nothing light hearted about that answer at all.