Boyd quits Scotland under Burley

BLUEDIGNITY

Almost every comment I've read about Boyd suggests he's lazy in training. I know Darren Fletcher made a comment about this at the weekend, but apart from that, what other proof do we have of this? Surely if his 'problem' was being lazy in training, then Walter Smith would have had to do something about this, like fine him or something? If that had been done then we would've heard about this in the medja.

I just don't buy into that theory 100%. I think he is fit, but he's just not match sharp for obvious reasons. It's now a vicious circle as, he can't get a game 'cause he's not match sharp, but he'll not get match sharp if he doesn't get a game!!!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every comment I've read about Boyd suggests he's lazy in training. I know Darren Fletcher made a comment about this at the weekend, but apart from that, what other proof do we have of this? Surely if his 'problem' was being lazy in training, then Walter Smith would have had to do something about this, like fine him or something? If that had been done then we would've heard about this in the medja.

I just don't buy into that theory 100%. I think he is fit, but he's just not match sharp for obvious reasons. It's now a vicious circle as, he can't get a game 'cause he's not match sharp, but he'll not get match sharp if he doesn't get a game!!!

What, like drop him for every big game?

What, like drop him for every big game?

Right, so apart from perhaps fining him & dropping him from every big game and not being played for Scotland.......what other proof do we have that Boyd is a lazy B????

His decision to quit just underlines his lazyness for me.

Exactly, If he got down to some serious fitness and lost at least ten pounds he might look like a professional footballer but there is no getting away from the fact that three managers now don't rate him.....Le Guen, Smith and now Burley.....are they all wrong?

His decision to quit just underlines his lazyness for me.

Exactly, If he got down to some serious fitness and lost at least ten pounds he might look like a professional footballer but there is no getting away from the fact that three managers now don't rate him.....Le Guen, Smith and now Burley.....are they all wrong?

le guens gone who next ? :sherlock:

tell you what guys... I'm sticking up for Burley on this one. It's not as much as he brought Walter into it.. He USED Walter to say to the world...

'Look he isn't good enough to merit starting against S P L sides... wtf makes you think he's good enough for Scotland?'

And therein lies the issue. It's BOYD's issue. He doesn't bring enough to the table against quality. Scotland aren't playing East Stirling here.

<EDIT>

Just read the article... ok.. but who's the other player?

I'm an so tired of these guys putting themselves first. ANy player that 'retires' from the national squad should never be allowed back.

Did Becks chuck it when he wasn't selected for Real or England? No.. he worked harder...

Boyd is a disgrace to himself, Rangers, & Scotland...

Well said.An embarrassing moment for KB.Going to concentrate on Rangers now are we Kris.

What are you going to do-Go out & get pissed more now.You dont train like a pro-dont look like a pro.A disgrace of an excuse for a player.YOU know he is not fit just by looking at him.Look at his chiselled face ...lol.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...ficial%26sa%3DN

Burley who,is he still in charge

Not for much longer I suspect.

Although the cost of dumping him might keep him there for a while.

I hate to say it but this does reflect badly on Gordon Smith.

Well he did call Billy Davies a liar on national radio, indirectly.

tbh, I haven't liked Smith in his SFA role - I think he's become as shambolic as Taylor and Farry.

His conduct during Burley's press conference was completely unprofessional.

I guess that job can turn good men into bureaucratic nincompoops.

btw, why has the sub-header of this thread changed? What third substitution?

Sorry Danny I meant why did he not use the third substitution when it was going tits up, not the first time a sub has been subbed, lets be honest when the guy missed that howler his confidence must have went, a strong manager would have reacted pronto ! :sherlock: