Boyd quits Scotland under Burley

BLUEDIGNITY

Whether Boydie is this or he is that he is a class goalscorer and shouldn't have been left out. Lets face it Burley is only there because the SFA didn't have the kahoonas to select another manager with the Rangers connection either Souness or Davies as it would have been 3 in a row. They are appeasing the bheggars and until that mould is broken Scotland are going to go down and down and down. Good enough for them, give Scotland back to the Scottish ! It's that bad Gordon Smith wasn't even at the game yesterday. :sherlock:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd thinks hes a better player than he is, thats his main problem.

(tu) and instead of coming back to rangers and training really hard to prove that he is worth a starting spot with scotland, he throws his toys out his pram thinking he is billy big time.

Iwelumo deserved his chance he has scored 7 in 6 games for wolves

was at hampden yesterday, and was right behind that miss. terrible. everybody at hampden that we talked to could not believe he will not play boyd, or at least 20-35 mis as a sub. totally support boyd on this issue, hope he gets it right at gers and stick it up to burley. nobody wanted him in the first place, and it just shows that boyd will never get a start under him. yesterday was a chance to show we meant business, instead he plays three we guys up front, and get our keeper to lump it back to front in first half.

everybody wanted souness as the manager, and one more feck up like that, and it might still happen.

good on big boyd, even though he probably does not want too. must b hard for him to jet of all over europe, knowing he will never play, unless 1 down with five to go. yesterday probably confirmed it, cant get a sniff at hampden, never ever get a sniff away.

To all the people who are on about Kris Boyd's work rate and defending wake the fuck up you have 10 other players to do that!!! His job is to score goals and his record does not lie. Do you think Boyd would have missed that chance yesterday??? Would he have missed that chance against Italy last season that McFadden did???? Every player can improve and should strieve to improve but a striker has to keep scoring goals as at the end of the day thats the only way to win games. Long Live Kris Boyd!!!

Why do so many Bears go along with this SHITE that a goalscorer has to cover every blade of grass to be a good player ??? All this nonsense comes about because all the coaches in Scotland have done their coaching badges at Largs, using the Andy Roxburgh book on how to be a gaffer; and Roxburgh was a fuckin' clown !!!! McCoist, Lineker, Rush, Papin......how many great strikers have we seen who couldnae kick a baw till it got into the area ?

As for Burley.... GTF ya jakey bastard........ :angry2: :angry2:

Words can't do justice to my dislike of Burley. His appointment has significantly killed my interest in the national team. He's just such a wee gnat.

I completely agree with any player who quits on these grounds.

Established, what the fluck is that about Burley?

Is that the same as picking out of form strikers, lower division players and out of form defenders? Walloper.

Darren Fletcher is not Captain material, mistake. Taking McFadden off, mistake. Robson staying on instead of McFadden, mistake. Fletcher before Boyd, mistake(although you can clearly see why Real Madrid would want him). <cr>

At the end of the day what do you want, a 30 goals a season striker who wins you trophies(Scottish cup and league cup) or a striker who runs around a lot but scores no real vital goals(JCD anyone).

Give me the good ol days when a striker was doing his Job and had strikes at goal that resulted in games being won and trophies filling up our Trophy room.

Give me 20-30 goals per striker per season and you'll make me happy.

I miss the McCoist and Hateley strike force. All those goals, but hey that just windae be good enuff nowdays

Sums up Boyd's attitude

Not sure it does. He's been at Ibrox for over 2 and a half years, never being a first pick in all that time, but he's never angled for a move away. And he's done well for Scotland when he's played for us. And yet suddenly he quits based on Burley?

If it was about not being picked, he'd have tried to leave Ibrox ages ago.

I think there's more to this than just 'ah wuznae picked'.

Normally, I wouldn't agree with a player quitting. But under these circumstances I can understand why Boyd has done it.

At the same time no-one has the right to get a start or guarantee playing a part of the game.

He does have to work harder and it has to be said he has been plenty of opportunities to work on other parts of his game and it seems Burley and Walter don't see it happening.

But the game yesterday was crying out for Boyd to get on. Say 25-30 minutes left, GET HIM ON !! What's there to lose ?

We needed 3 points FFS !!

Burley, I have no faith in and it seems to me the players don't either.

Burley set out the team in the correct way, however he did not pick the right player to start with nor did his subs work out well, if anything Boyd should have been brought on and McFadden moved to the left to replace Robson.

Then Iluweno(what ever he's called) should have been brought on and Morrison taken off.

Burley has lost all my respect for him in three matches, even quicker than mad bertie.

Sums up Boyd's attitude

Not sure it does. He's been at Ibrox for over 2 and a half years, never being a first pick in all that time, but he's never angled for a move away. And he's done well for Scotland when he's played for us. And yet suddenly he quits based on Burley?

He quit after Burley's comments post match that Boyd must prove himself. And I can see exactly where Burley is coming from. Boyd hasn't established himself at Rangers so he needs to work to establish himself with Scotland.

I disagree. His goal record for Scotland is, far as I know, the best of all our forwards. 1 in 2. 7 in 15 appearances. If Boyd had had that unpronouncable guy's chance, we'd have won. And that is all that genuinely matters.

Whereas i think he should definately have played, and that Burley is a complete idiot, seems to me like this is the same old lazy Boyd. Rather than working hard to establish himself and improve (ala Broadfoot), he has just jacked it in.

Maybe the reason he has jacked it in is because Burley went public with his criticisms rather than keeping it in-house like any professional should.

Like you say, Burley's an idiot. Reminds me of Vogts. Hasn't a clue what he's doing, or how to conduct himself.

Sums up Boyd's attitude

He quit after Burley's comments post match that Boyd must prove himself. And I can see exactly where Burley is coming from. Boyd hasn't established himself at Rangers so he needs to work to establish himself with Scotland.

I disagree. His goal record for Scotland is, far as I know, the best of all our forwards. 1 in 2. 7 in 15 appearances. If Boyd had had that unpronouncable guy's chance, we'd have won. And that is all that genuinely matters.

Whereas i think he should definately have played, and that Burley is a complete idiot, seems to me like this is the same old lazy Boyd. Rather than working hard to establish himself and improve (ala Broadfoot), he has just jacked it in.

Maybe the reason he has jacked it in is because Burley went public with his criticisms rather than keeping it in-house like any professional should.

Like you say, Burley's an idiot. Reminds me of Vogts. Hasn't a clue what he's doing, or how to conduct himself.

End of ! :sherlock:

Boyd should have taken it on the chin. Should have had a quiet word with Burley after the match. BUT.. since he left a message (later) with him.. perhaps it was after a few bevvies? Who knows..

Burley made a huge mistake by taking off McFadden. Put Iwelumo on wit McFadden and we would have won that match. Boyd should have been on before Fletcher though.

Thing is .. you learn more about a man when times are hard.. not when they're easy. I just learned a lot about KB's character.

what have you learned ?

that he can stand up for himself , when he thinks he is being made a fool of

or

he quits when he is made a fool of

Burleys substitution could cost us a place in the World Cup

I would have done the same as Boyd , told burley to f**k off and stop trailing him around the world when he has no intention of playing him

The player has a family to look after , why spend time away from them , when you are never going to get a game

Here's what I've learned.

• When the times are hard -- as they are now, Boyd takes the most selfish route he can.
  • He's a player that his own supporters slag off because he is lazy, can't beat a man, can't trap a ball, can't stand up -- so nothing new there,
  • He CAN score -- but when was the last time he did it against quality? The JAGS strike was great though,
  • There is NO evidence to suggest he has worked hard at his game in the last 4 years,
  • But most of all.. he's a quitter than has bailed on his country.

something doesnt seem right in the scotland camp...first, you have mcculloch quitting, as he put it for "family reasons" then burley publicly slates kirk broadfoot, and by kirks own admission, the criticism stung him, and then boyd quits because he seems to have no place under burley...burley stupidly comes out and says that boyd is yet to prove himself at rangers and therefore needs to prove himself in the scotland setup...am i mistaken or is boyd not our top goalscorer this season and has been since he arrived, and am i right in saying that boyd has 14 caps to his name and scored 7 goals? i would say, at 25, he has certainly done enough at rangers and scotland to prove himself...i am the first to agree that his hold up play, first touch and work ethic are lacking, but the guy works with what he has got and he scores goals and gets himself into the right positions...with boyd being supported by the likes of miller, mcfadden, maloney etc then there is no doubt he would score goals for scotland...

Sums up Boyd's attitude

I agree , will we ever find the reason , I do not think so

it is his choice. he like all players he does not have a contact with scotland. they play or be available for selection out of choice. if he does not want to b considered for selection, why should he b slagged for it?

the only man with a contact here is the manager.

if i remember correctly, when davie weir retired under vogts, after being slaughtered for defending in the faroes, i cannot recall dw getting slaughtered by fans for his decision. mostly were supportive of him, and more critcal of the german.

boyd chooses not to b available, fine. his obligation is to himself and his family, and his current employers, rangers.

as far as i have read, he will make himself available again, if and when burley leaves the post of national manager. 2 players retiring form national football in the space of 3 weeks, albeit for different circumstances, suggests to me is not about me me me, more of issues elsewhere.

i may well b wrong on that issue, but that is how i have read it. if any other player chooses not to b available, fine again. it is there choice, not their obligation.

Why do so many Bears go along with this SHITE that a goalscorer has to cover every blade of grass to be a good player ??? All this nonsense comes about because all the coaches in Scotland have done their coaching badges at Largs, using the Andy Roxburgh book on how to be a gaffer; and Roxburgh was a fuckin' clown !!!! McCoist, Lineker, Rush, Papin......how many great strikers have we seen who couldnae kick a baw till it got into the area ?

As for Burley.... GTF ya jakey bastard........ :angry2: :angry2:

Spot on. !!!

Burley has seen one too many rioja's.

To all the people who are on about Kris Boyd's work rate and defending wake the fuck up you have 10 other players to do that!!! His job is to score goals and his record does not lie. Do you think Boyd would have missed that chance yesterday??? Would he have missed that chance against Italy last season that McFadden did???? Every player can improve and should strieve to improve but a striker has to keep scoring goals as at the end of the day thats the only way to win games. Long Live Kris Boyd!!!

Utter pish. Boyd scores when Rangers play vastly inferior teams and Rangers can afford to carry him. Scotland never face vastly inferior opposition therefore Boyd is a passenger we cannot afford to carry.

Boyd would have been in the Norwegian defenders pockets because they're better than any SPL pish.

Boyd fans are delusional in that they think because he scores against some of the worlds worst defenders regularly that it makes him good. He's not good and only gets away with it because Rangers dwarf all but one of the Scottish clubs.