Boyd quits Scotland under Burley

BLUEDIGNITY

Some of the decisions by managers over him have made little sense, the one yesterday for example. UEFA Cup Final is another one, Zenit scored on 72 minutes and Boyd didn't come on until 87 minutes, you need a goal within 18 minutes to stay in a european final and you don't use the 20+ goal a season striker you have on the bench until that late.

I really would like to watch training and see what Boyd does so wrong for these truely bizarre decision to happen.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand Boyd not playing 90 minutes but I was looking forward to seeing him out there yeserday. If a goal is what you want then what Scotland had to offer on the bench there's only one choice and that was Boyd. As for the Iwelumo miss, I've never rated the guy but a miss like that happens to every striker its not so much down to ability as he can obviously usually put them away, but its a one off which even world class players will miss at some point. I think Boyd's right to show his feelings because he deserved a run out ahead of both Fletcher and Iwelumo but it should just be left at that. Let the manager know your unhappy with his decision, show your eagerness to play but most of all knuckle down and fight gor your place. Turning your back on your country wont help anyone especially himself.

I agree. If this is true then Boyd shld tell us to bolt as well. The fact he was in the squad should tell him all he needs to know. This would never happen in a country like spain or italy. If a player refuses to play for there national team over there, then they never play for there club again. I love boyd, i realy do but scotland needs him and hes turned his back on them.

I agree. If this is true then Boyd shld tell us to bolt as well. The fact he was in the squad should tell him all he needs to know. This would never happen in a country like spain or italy. If a player refuses to play for there national team over there, then they never play for there club again. I love boyd, i realy do but scotland needs him and hes turned his back on them.

most of the scotland players were suprised when fletcher and iwelumo came on before boyd.... i'm not saying he would have definetly scored if he came on but looking at his scoring record there would have been a good chance, burley should have taken robson off and kept mc fadden on so he could have supplied the balls for boyd, i really like having boyd at rangers but i think he has had enough with not getting the nod, i believe there is interest in him down south and he may go in january if walter doesnt get him on, he is a real talent

most of the scotland players were suprised when fletcher and iwelumo came on before boyd....

When did they tell you this? :P

well done kris boyd.

that game was crying out for the big man, burley got it wrong. by the time the sfa sack this guy it'll be too late to qualify from this group. this guy is going to undo the great work walter n big eck done.

when this group was made i coudnt believe how much of a good chance we had to qualify.

just seen the coments on why boyd wasnt played by burley, what a tit! fletcher and iwelumo came on as subs, how many full caps between them, sums burley up.

well done boydy.

Guest Andypendek
Some of the decisions by managers over him have made little sense, the one yesterday for example. UEFA Cup Final is another one, Zenit scored on 72 minutes and Boyd didn't come on until 87 minutes, you need a goal within 18 minutes to stay in a european final and you don't use the 20+ goal a season striker you have on the bench until that late.

I really would like to watch training and see what Boyd does so wrong for these truely bizarre decision to happen.

Good post!

Good post!

Great post!

NOt sure if anyone else has mentioned this in the last 6 or so pages, but if Boyd's quit Scotland because the manager has said that he needs to establish himself in the Rangers team, then is it only a matter of time before he quits Rangers?

I say that not because I think Boyd is desperate to play for Scotland again, but because Walter Smith has also intimated that Boyd needs to add more to his game to get a game for Gers. I've come to the conclusion that both these managers are trying to establish a team that can win games by scoring just the minimum amount of goals, and with no out & out strikers!

Burley started the game with two wider players up front, one sitting behind the other. Smith seems to want to play 2 up front now, but again, one or both of these players have to be workhorses or wide players that come in from the flanks & somehow score enough goals to win games!

Me? I just want to see a free-scoring Rangers again.....preferably with Boydy doing the majority of the scoring. Seems like being an out & out strikers is a dying art!!!

He brought McCulloch on because of his (apparent) aerial ability as we were going route one.

He brought Novo on because he scored a double the weekend previous to the final.

Both could also have moved into midfield to help us keep some sort of defensive shape if we did equalise.

Apart from the timing of the substitutions, i can understand Smith's decisions.

Burley said on the news there. Ive never had a bad word with kris the best way back for him is to work hard in training. AYE RIGHT if those two clowns fletcher and iwelwo were put on before me id rap it too.

BURLEY YOU NEEDED A GOAL BOYD 7 GOALS IN 15 STARTS. :2g:

If Boydy is not committed, not playing regularly when Burley turns up and appears to be less hungry in training (remember he is staying in 5 star hotels WTF) why on earth did he pick him then!!!!!!! Yer man iwalamoo (or whatever) couldn't hit a barn door wi a banjo, Boydy would have tucked that away no probs!!

KRIS BOYD insisted today that he is not ready to retire from international football – despite his vow never to kick a ball for Scotland again while George Burley is in charge.

The Rangers striker spoke with Burley yesterday to tell him that he did not wish to be considered for selection again as long as he remains national boss.

Boyd has become increasingly frustrated by the lack of opportunities during Burley's tenureADVERTISEMENT and his mind was made up on his international future when he was left sitting on the bench for the weekend's World Cup qualifier against Norway while new boys Steven Fletcher and Chris Iwelumo were sent on to try to rescue a win.

Iwelumo went on to miss a glorious chance for Burley's side and Boyd clearly felt that his record for Scotland alone should have been enough to convince Burley to set him loose on Age Hareide's side.

The striker said: "Once the manager made his decision on what substitutions to make and I wasn't one of them, it hit home.

"I feel I should have at least been given a chance. I can't criticise the manager's decisions, at the end of the day he makes his choices and he has to stand by them.

"I just look at what I have done at international level with seven goals in 15 games – seven goals from seven starts.

"I think that in a game like the one on Saturday, when you want a goal, I could have at least given the team that threat. The manager clearly didn't think so and that's up to him. I have nothing against him or any of the players but enough's enough.

"I'll stand by what I have done. It might be right and it might not be right but I will not play for Scotland again as long as George Burley is in charge."

The hitman has also been benched by Rangers boss Walter Smith in recent months and feels that taking a step back from the international scene could boost his chances of re-establishing himself as a first-choice at Ibrox.

"I think it is best for everyone that I take a step back and simply concentrate on my club football," he said.

"I need to get myself into the Rangers team and hopefully score goals in a regular basis. I will pull on another Scotland jersey, just not under George Burley."

However, the striker insisted that he doesn't hold a personal grudge against the Scots boss, adding: "There has never been a problem between us and I hope that if I meet him we would still speak to one another.

"It's nothing personal between him and me, it's purely down to football reasons. I'm obviously not in his plans so there's no point in my being there."

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Kr...g-to.4584737.jp

Boyd needs a hard kick in the baws and told to toughen up !

Its Scotland he`s playing for not George Burley , he`s nothing but a spineless coward

but the thing is boyd isnt getting a chance to play under burley.... he has had enough and quite right too, he is a goalscorer and cant seem to play at national or club level, if it his attitude in training why cant someone help him?

Boyd needs a hard kick in the baws and told to toughen up !

Its Scotland he`s playing for not George Burley , he`s nothing but a spineless coward

Na Burley and the SFA are the gutless shitpots appeasing the great unwashed by not appointing Souness ! Boyd was right, fletcher the captain, nuff said Burley must have been blootered when he made that decision, alex ferguson must have told him to do it ! :sherlock:

What else I didn't like from Burley at that press conference is that he dragged Walter Smith into it by sayin Walter is a great manager and he leaves Boyd out so maybe there is something wrong ? So is Walter pickin the Scotland team then ? Another thing surely it ain't Burley's place to allege there is anything wrong at Rangers at a Scotland press conference ? Unethical or what ? :sherlock:

What else I didn't like from Burley at that press conference is that he dragged Walter Smith into it by sayin Walter is a great manager and he leaves Boyd out so maybe there is something wrong ? So is Walter pickin the Scotland team then ? Another thing surely it ain't Burley's place to allege there is anything wrong at Rangers at a Scotland press conference ? Unethical or what ? :sherlock:

I know, i didnt like other comments he touched on at the press conference, or any of the press conferences he has had..... i dont know why but he brought up players get to stay in 5 star hotels and and paid high wages..... why bring that up? he keeps saying he has passion for scotland, so does every scottish player and fan, no point in saying it, show us.... at times he is too calm on the sideline, he may be good at motivating players but i think we need a stronger character.