Boyd quits Scotland under Burley

BLUEDIGNITY

Boyd should have taken it on the chin. Should have had a quiet word with Burley after the match. BUT.. since he left a message (later) with him.. perhaps it was after a few bevvies? Who knows..

Burley made a huge mistake by taking off McFadden. Put Iwelumo on wit McFadden and we would have won that match. Boyd should have been on before Fletcher though.

Thing is .. you learn more about a man when times are hard.. not when they're easy. I just learned a lot about KB's character.

what have you learned ?

that he can stand up for himself , when he thinks he is being made a fool of

or

he quits when he is made a fool of

Burleys substitution could cost us a place in the World Cup

I would have done the same as Boyd , told burley to f**k off and stop trailing him around the world when he has no intention of playing him

The player has a family to look after , why spend time away from them , when you are never going to get a game

Here's what I've learned.

• When the times are hard -- as they are now, Boyd takes the most selfish route he can.
  • He's a player that his own supporters slag off because he is lazy, can't beat a man, can't trap a ball, can't stand up -- so nothing new there,
  • He CAN score -- but when was the last time he did it against quality? The JAGS strike was great though,
  • There is NO evidence to suggest he has worked hard at his game in the last 4 years,
  • But most of all.. he's a quitter than has bailed on his country.

When the times are hard -- as they are now, Boyd takes the most selfish route he can. - nonsense , times are not hard he has not featured for scotland , he is just fed up being overlooked. Burley has made it clear he will not play

He's a player that his own supporters slag off because he is lazy, can't beat a man, can't trap a ball, can't stand up -- so nothing new there, - every player has his critics , at every club players get criticised , its part of the job , people slag players all the time , not just him

He CAN score -- but when was the last time he did it against quality? The JAGS strike was great though,- define quality , he has scored at every level he has played at , internartional , europe , old firm game and SPL

There is NO evidence to suggest he has worked hard at his game in the last 4 years,- that is your opinion , i diasgree , because I seen him at kilmarnock , he has improved

But most of all.. he's a quitter than has bailed on his country. - absolute shite , did you say the same with davie weir during the Bertie saga , he has made a personal decision based on his opinion of the scotland management team , he is not a regular at rangers , but has never quit or asked for a transfer

He has made the right decision , but he should have waited as Burley will be gone by christmas , as we are going back the way under him and his staff

We should be supporting Rangers players , not criticising them

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd was obviously hurt by not getting on then that was exacerbated by Burley's comments after the game. Burley had no need to slag a player that had not even been on the pitch. Burley knew he had made a mistake and his comments about Boyd were in defense of likely criticism. If he thought Boyd had yet to establish himself at Rangers why pick him in the first place for the Scotland pool. McFadden was only a substitute in Eck's team, but he started.

I agree very much with Danny here. Something is amiss in the Scotland camp and Burley looks more and more like a version of B Vogts.

To all the people who are on about Kris Boyd's work rate and defending wake the fuck up you have 10 other players to do that!!! His job is to score goals and his record does not lie. Do you think Boyd would have missed that chance yesterday??? Would he have missed that chance against Italy last season that McFadden did???? Every player can improve and should strieve to improve but a striker has to keep scoring goals as at the end of the day thats the only way to win games. Long Live Kris Boyd!!!

Utter pish. Boyd scores when Rangers play vastly inferior teams and Rangers can afford to carry him. Scotland never face vastly inferior opposition therefore Boyd is a passenger we cannot afford to carry.

Boyd would have been in the Norwegian defenders pockets because they're better than any SPL pish.

Boyd fans are delusional in that they think because he scores against some of the worlds worst defenders regularly that it makes him good. He's not good and only gets away with it because Rangers dwarf all but one of the Scottish clubs.

But Scotland can afford to carry this donkey Burley.

It's a hard one to call.

I wish he'd just knuckle down in training and make himself undroppable, but I'd fully understand him telling Burley to fuck off after the Fletcher debacle.

That soul searching paragraph could well be the start of it all, if anything, this should give him a kick up the arse

Boyd just feels there is little chance of him playing under Burley - but the Ibrox hitman hopes he'll be given the chance to play under the next manager.

You wont have to wait long

If we played

Maloney Boyd Mcfadden

We would have won

The comment that he has to establish himself in the Rangers team is in itself a complete joke of a comment. Name 1 striker at Rangers who plays every game. Walter Smith rotates his strikers depending on what he feels is needed. You don't score the number of goals Boyd has as a reserve. Totally back Boyd on this one. Burley's comment after the game were a joke. McFadden can't get a start at Birmingham, Fletcher is a reserve at Man Utd so it holds absolutely no substance whatsoever. The only thing Burley seems to be achieving is to destroy all the work at building team spirit that Eck and Walter put so much work into establishing. Will be interesting to see what happens when Ferguson and Hutton are fit again. As for the miss, damn, even Miller would have buried it.

He's a player that his own supporters slag off because he is lazy, can't beat a man, can't trap a ball, can't stand up -- so nothing new there, - every player has his critics , at every club players get criticised , its part of the job , people slag players all the time , not just him

Boyd situation is pretty unique in my experience. He has an absolutely phenomenal goal scoring record and yet he's never established himself with Rangers, or Scotland, under various managers. He has also never really been a fans favourite. I can't ever remember a situation like that.

But most of all.. he's a quitter than has bailed on his country. - absolute shite , did you say the same with davie weir during the Bertie saga , he has made a personal decision based on his opinion of the scotland management team , he is not a regular at rangers , but has never quit or asked for a transfer

He has made the right decision , but he should have waited as Burley will be gone by christmas , as we are going back the way under him and his staff

He has acted unprofessionally in spitting his dummy IMO. Should act like a man, not some spoiled brat.

Kris Boyd is a long way from a great player but he WILL score goals against the weaker sides, I am unsure if he can do it against the stronger opponents but until he is given a regular chance we will not know

This should be beneficial for Rangers as the player can be rested whilst internationals are on and focus fully on Rangers, but Kris Boyd is not the type of player to buckle down when he has the weekend off, He is the type to get pissed and make the papers

At the end of the day as good a goalscorer as he is, He is probably his own worst enemy

"Kris has got to establish himself in the Rangers team, which he hasn't done," Burley told the BBC. "Chris (Iwelumo) came on because he's been playing regularly and has scored eight goals in six games for Wolves. You're always looking for players to prove themselves, and Boyd is not any different from anyone else in the squad."

doh

Whichever way you look at this, Boyd has done himself no favours at all. A player that surely knows he divides opinion already, just made things all the more difficult for himself.

On a personal note - I can't stand to listen to molly-coddled fitba players on tens of thousands of pounds per week greeting like bairns when things don't go their way.

Boyd situation is pretty unique in my experience. He has an absolutely phenomenal goal scoring record and yet he's never established himself with Rangers, or Scotland, under various managers. He has also never really been a fans favourite. I can't ever remember a situation like that.

He has acted unprofessionally in spitting his dummy IMO. Should act like a man, not some spoiled brat.

Cannot agree - again D Weir resigned from playing for Vogts and never received this crap. W Smith to my mind is the one who started all this by snubbing his best striker. Walter would have LOST the Scottish Cups last year if not for Boyd too. Saved Wattie's skin vs DU, but that and countless other goals - even vs PT recently - all are forgotten.

McLeish, Le Guen, Smith and Burley have all dropped Boyd.

...and never because he wasn't doing what a striker should do, score goals, and lots of them. Can only think it's an attitude thing.

Le Guen actually played him against Auxerre away and Livorno where he played well and scored.

played against panathinaikos away aswell and didnt do too badly either, especially near the end once burke came on

So now we've a poor manager who has our best striker unavailable to him. I love being Scottish, I really do.

Even if we get a better manager he would still not necessarily get played and taking himself out is going to say to don't I want to be a part of the team. If he had come on there's it was not a given that he would have scored anyway as the team as whole were playing garbage. This way he can quit and say he could have done better without having to prove it. Also shows he does not respect his fellow team mates either.

Is he still Open for the olimpics? 2012 kris boyd wins gold for Britain :unionflag:

as much as this is a loss and a gain. kris boyds work rate can be questioned although he is the best finisher in scotland at the moment iwelumo looks like a player maybe him and boydy upfront woulda been good to big physical players as scottish football is played that way maybe it's a loss on that front i don't know i just feel it's not a loss on the work ethic front. the finished front yes definately the best finisher in this scotland era.

personally I've never been able

Le Guen actually played him against Auxerre away and Livorno where he played well and scored.

True. One was a bit of a fluke, and one a penalty, but he did score. I think the fact that these two games, and one against Celtic, are the only goals he has scored for Rangers in the bigger games (and those are UEFA not the CL), has been one of the main arguments against him.

Also...the other Rangers managers also picked him, and he also did the business for them, but he has never convinced any of them enough to pick him every week. That's the point.

Cannot agree - again D Weir resigned from playing for Vogts and never received this crap. W Smith to my mind is the one who started all this by snubbing his best striker. Walter would have LOST the Scottish Cups last year if not for Boyd too. Saved Wattie's skin vs DU, but that and countless other goals - even vs PT recently - all are forgotten.

Boyd was obviously hurt by not getting on then that was exacerbated by Burley's comments after the game. Burley had no need to slag a player that had not even been on the pitch. Burley knew he had made a mistake and his comments about Boyd were in defense of likely criticism. If he thought Boyd had yet to establish himself at Rangers why pick him in the first place for the Scotland pool. McFadden was only a substitute in Eck's team, but he started.

I agree very much with Danny here. Something is amiss in the Scotland camp and Burley looks more and more like a version of B Vogts.

tbh, we often disagree on things my old chum, but I consider the two points I've highlighted in your posts to be completely watertight.

played against panathinaikos away aswell and didnt do too badly either, especially near the end once burke came on

Boyd was atrocious against Panathinaikos and that game simply underlined the fact that he just cannot play up front himself. The penny dropped with Smith that night as well, hence why Novo played up top against Werder Bremen at the Weserstadion.

Nasief Morris had him in his pocket that night.

Was waiting for this point.

Eck, Smith and Burley have all dropped Boyd for big games consistently. No-one can deny that, not even the blindest Boyd backer.

The only manager that's shown a consistent inkling of trust in Boyd for big games was Le Guen, the manager that Boyd publically stabbed in the back and then was chased out of Ibrox.

This raises massive questions over Boyd's attitude. If I was him, I woulda been desperate to keep PLG at the club, as I'd be getting selected in big games and I'd be in cracking condition.