Boyd quits Scotland under Burley

BLUEDIGNITY

What else I didn't like from Burley at that press conference is that he dragged Walter Smith into it by sayin Walter is a great manager and he leaves Boyd out so maybe there is something wrong ? So is Walter pickin the Scotland team then ? Another thing surely it ain't Burley's place to allege there is anything wrong at Rangers at a Scotland press conference ? Unethical or what ? :sherlock:

I know, i didnt like other comments he touched on at the press conference, or any of the press conferences he has had..... i dont know why but he brought up players get to stay in 5 star hotels and and paid high wages..... why bring that up? he keeps saying he has passion for scotland, so does every scottish player and fan, no point in saying it, show us.... at times he is too calm on the sideline, he may be good at motivating players but i think we need a stronger character.

Without a doubt he's weak and he sounds weak ! :sherlock:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tell you what guys... I'm sticking up for Burley on this one. It's not as much as he brought Walter into it.. He USED Walter to say to the world...

'Look he isn't good enough to merit starting against S P L sides... wtf makes you think he's good enough for Scotland?'

And therein lies the issue. It's BOYD's issue. He doesn't bring enough to the table against quality. Scotland aren't playing East Stirling here.

<EDIT>

Just read the article... ok.. but who's the other player?

I'm an so tired of these guys putting themselves first. ANy player that 'retires' from the national squad should never be allowed back.

Did Becks chuck it when he wasn't selected for Real or England? No.. he worked harder...

Boyd is a disgrace to himself, Rangers, & Scotland...

tell you what guys... I'm sticking up for Burley on this one. It's not as much as he brought Walter into it.. He USED Walter to say to the world...

'Look he isn't good enough to merit starting against S P L sides... wtf makes you think he's good enough for Scotland?'

And therein lies the issue. It's BOYD's issue. He doesn't bring enough to the table against quality. Scotland aren't playing East Stirling here.

He has scored against every SPL side except from Hamilton.

if the end of that report is true about another player considering to step down under burley... i wonder who? maybe mc fadden?, he looked really pissed off coming off on saturday..

More than one of them apparently ! :sherlock:

Fine.. 1 against celtc. Would you start him against Celtic, Hibs, Hearts? What about in Europe? Is he first on your team sheet? Seems Wattie and Burley have got this one right.

Boyd's football career is just about over (at this level) imho. And... only a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Erm 7 goals from 14 games (only 6 of which he started) for your country, does that not suggest your good enough?

Burley is a complete c.ck, in one of his first interviews after he was named Scotland boss he was asked about Boyd and he came out with "Walter has proven that he can be effective from the bench", or words to that effect. What sort of comment is that to make about a player when your only in the job 2 minutes, should you not give the guy a chance to prove himself first?

As much as it pains me to say this but I think Boyd should leave in Januray, not because I want him to go but to have a clean start at a new club. In my opinion Walter holds some of the blame here, to replace a guy who is scoring goals (wonder goals at that) with a guy who can only run in straight lines and cant hit a barn door with a banjo is nothing short of crazy.

Fine.. 1 against celtc. Would you start him against Celtic, Hibs, Hearts? What about in Europe? Is he first on your team sheet? Seems Wattie and Burley have got this one right.

Boyd's football career is just about over (at this level) imho. And... only a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

He needs a chance in the big games. He was 5th choice under Burley which is ridiculous so he didn't get that right as we drew 0-0 at home to Norway.

I disagree. The next Scotland manager (should be appointed soon) will pick Boydie in his squad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7666954.stm

If kris aint playing regular for his club and thats why he didnt get picked then why are Barry Robson and James McFadden getting a game then?

Becasue Burley knows he made a mistake not putting Boyd on and yet isn't man enough to come out and admit it, therefore he thinks up the next best excuse.

Hate the man.

McFadden and Robson haven't played regularly.

McFadden has been off form.

Boyd's played more than Robson!

Brown8 spent a lot of the time on the bench during the run in last season, he was still picked and started. He's been off form this season and utter gash for celtc and Scotland.

Burley is a clownshoe.

Boyd needs a hard kick in the baws and told to toughen up !

Its Scotland he`s playing for not George Burley , he`s nothing but a spineless coward

Thats the problem, hes not playing is he?

Well he should roll up his sleeve and fight for his place ,thats they way i was brought up in football ,he`s nothing but a spoilt big kid , He`s also no very good ! ,Who does he think he is ?!

No sense in that at all

To me its clear-cut. Burley is one of the worst man-managers I have seen, even with just a few games into his term as Scotland manager. I won't even go into his ideas on tactics.

Now Boyd we all know is far from perfect, thats true.

However, the one thing he can do when given the chance is stick the ball in the net. So, with 25 minutes left to go in the 2nd half why not throw him on, in a must-win game ?

Burley hasn't a clue.

Kris Boyd has played more games this season that Barry Robson - FACT.

He has played just about the same as McFadden - FACT.

Anyone know how many games Fletcher has played for Man U?

GB's excuse about him not establishing himself as a Rangers regular is a soft excuse, the players I mention above are also not first team regulars at their respective clubs. I'm sure there are also some more but these guys all started on Saturday. And how he hadn't whipped McFadden off before he did is beyond me ................ yet the tartan army have a cheek to boo! He didn't kick his ar5e all day.

Burley for me is now on a slippery slope, only qualifying from the group will he now comeaway with any credit whatsoever and lets face it, that is now a tall ask!