Boyd quits Scotland under Burley

BLUEDIGNITY

Was waiting for this point.

Eck, Smith and Burley have all dropped Boyd for big games consistently. No-one can deny that, not even the blindest Boyd backer.

The only manager that's shown a consistent inkling of trust in Boyd for big games was Le Guen, the manager that Boyd publically stabbed in the back and then was chased out of Ibrox.

This raises massive questions over Boyd's attitude. If I was him, I woulda been desperate to keep PLG at the club, as I'd be getting selected in big games and I'd be in cracking condition.

You're wrong. WS played Boyd in some European games iirc. Zeta at home springs to mind.

That all said, the player's attitude is surely less relevant than his ability?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McLeish, Le Guen, Smith and Burley have all dropped Boyd.

Le Guen actually played him against Auxerre away and Livorno where he played well and scored.

played against panathinaikos away aswell and didnt do too badly either, especially near the end once burke came on

Boyd was atrocious against Panathinaikos and that game simply underlined the fact that he just cannot play up front by himself. The penny dropped with Smith that night as well, hence why Novo played up top against Werder Bremen at the Weserstadion.

Nasief Morris had him in his pocket that night.

hardly atrocious, when we needed him to play well, in the second half, when we were under pressure and needing a goal, he did. If he hadnt, we wouldnt progressed from the tie

Then of course the livorno game, 2 assists and a goal, holding off italian defenders to set up novo and adam

Le Guen actually played him against Auxerre away and Livorno where he played well and scored.

played against panathinaikos away aswell and didnt do too badly either, especially near the end once burke came on

Boyd was atrocious against Panathinaikos and that game simply underlined the fact that he just cannot play up front by himself. The penny dropped with Smith that night as well, hence why Novo played up top against Werder Bremen at the Weserstadion.

hardly atrocious, when we needed him to play well, in the second half, when we were under pressure and needing a goal, he did. If he hadnt, we wouldnt progressed from the tie

Then of course the livorno game, 2 assists and a goal, holding off italian defenders to set up novo and adam

Pretty sure that if Boyd hadn't been on the pitch then Novo would still have scored.

personally I've never been able

True. One was a bit of a fluke, and one a penalty, but he did score. I think the fact that these two games, and one against Celtic, are the only goals he has scored for Rangers in the bigger games (and those are UEFA not the CL), has been one of the main arguments against him.

Also...the other Rangers managers also picked him, and he also did the business for them, but he has never convinced any of them enough to pick him every week. That's the point.

He's not had many other starts in big games though.

TMWWBK: I disagree. I thought he played decently against Panathinaikos. Won a lot in the air and he was a good target man.

I thought he broke down countless attacks against Panathinaikos and generally didn't do much. I guess we'll agree to disagree on this one.

But yes, he did have a good game against Livorno.

Was waiting for this point.

Eck, Smith and Burley have all dropped Boyd for big games consistently. No-one can deny that, not even the blindest Boyd backer.

The only manager that's shown a consistent inkling of trust in Boyd for big games was Le Guen, the manager that Boyd publically stabbed in the back and then was chased out of Ibrox.

This raises massive questions over Boyd's attitude. If I was him, I woulda been desperate to keep PLG at the club, as I'd be getting selected in big games and I'd be in cracking condition.

You're wrong. WS played Boyd in some European games iirc. Zeta at home springs to mind.

That all said, the player's attitude is surely less relevant than his ability?

He played him against Zeta and up front v Pana.

It tells it's own story that we can remember the times he's been picked for 'big games' (Zeta's not one, they were woeful) under managers.

a lot of you talk utter mince

boyd selfish and bad attitude? the guy donated his signing on fee to kilmarnock

hardly the act of someone selfish and bad attitude

boyd dropped by le guen, walter and burley? the same lot critising boyd all critised these three managers for being negative and shocking tactics.

boyd being lazy? agreed, so was mcoist and negri

play 4-4-2 get the ball in the box early from good positions, boyd will score. end of! prso and lovenkrands knew this, hence he was at his most prolific and effective

wait we cant, because the scottish defence too bloody slow, need extra cover from midfilders that are not creative or quick of thought, plays right footed players in left footed positions i.e maloney, which delays the cross and allows the oppossing defence time to organise and our attackers having to adjust their runs, plays long balls up to our mcfadden who is just as useless playing upfront on his own as boyd is. no height and no pace.

as for rangers we still play with no width, hardly playing to kris boyd strengths. if walter is not going to play to boyd's strengths even when he bailed him out last season why keep him when cardiff came in for him in the summer.

we all bloody know what we get from kris boyd. a limited player in many ways but the best scottish player at finishing. Name another scottish player who will score more than he will and finish with the quality the like against dunfermline, qos, and partick. I'll know many of you will say look at the opposition but wow what finishes.

I too would love him to have better first touch, better hold up play and be more mobile, but if he had all that he would be the calibre of ronaldo, torres and drogba, and they are hardly going to ply their trade at rangers and the spl and i certainly don't see that calibre of player in the scotland squad.

Doesn't surprise me after Burley's comments as even although I'm admittedly not a Boyd fan you shouldn't spout the crap that Burley has yet again about a player, this includes the Broadfoot comment after giving him an emergency call up. The problem with all this is Burley hasn't exactly got the confidence of the fans and he is continuing to provide some uninspiring tactical decisions and uninspiring performances in his squad. To bad mouth your players at such a time IMO is managerial suicide and I only hope Burley goes before the Holland game, not because of the Boyd thing of course, but down to the sheer fact he doesn't know how to handle a big job, end of, player relations either.

boyd dropped by le guen, walter and burley? the same lot critising boyd all critised these three managers for being negative and shocking tactics.

play 4-4-2 get the ball in the box early from good positions, boyd will score. end of! prso and lovenkrands knew this, hence he was at his most prolific and effective

wait we cant, because the scottish defence too bloody slow, need extra cover from midfilders that are not creative or quick of thought, plays right footed players in left footed positions i.e maloney, which delays the cross and allows the oppossing defence time to organise and our attackers having to adjust their runs, plays long balls up to our mcfadden who is just as useless playing upfront on his own as boyd is. no height and no pace.

as for rangers we still play with no width, hardly playing to kris boyd strengths. if walter is not going to play to boyd's strengths even when he bailed him out last season why keep him when cardiff came in for him in the summer.

we all bloody know what we get from kris boyd. a limited player in many ways but the best scottish player at finishing. Name another scottish player who will score more than he will and finish with the quality the like against dunfermline, qos, and partick. I'll know many of you will say look at the opposition but wow what finishes.

I too would love him to have better first touch, better hold up play and be more mobile, but if he had all that he would be the calibre of ronaldo, torres and drogba, and they are hardly going to ply their trade at rangers and the spl and i certainly don't see that calibre of player in the scotland squad.

Can he not just work hard on what he's lacking, instead of everyone else changing their game for him?

God, I wish he had the attitude of Broadfoot.

Can he not just work hard on what he's lacking, instead of everyone else changing their game for him?

definate words of sense :)

boydy needs to get his finger out his arse & contribute to the team as a footballer - otherwise, we're playing with 10 men every time he plays.

combined with the fact that he never looks like winning a header & is poor at linking play.

definate words of sense :)

boydy needs to get his finger out his arse & contribute to the team as a footballer - otherwise, we're playing with 10 men every time he plays.

combined with the fact that he never looks like winning a header & is poor at linking play.

I'm not even having a dig for a change, I'm literally asking the question of why can't he just knuckle down and improve?

I simply don't see the problem. He's got even more time to spend working on his game now that he doesn't have international games to worry about.

No excuses Kris.

At the end of the day if the boy feels like that who are we to put our nebs in he disnae like getting messed about so he is doing something about it good on him.I worked for enough arseholes in my

time and have done the same thing.

I think you're spot on there. Boydy is slitting his own throat because very often he comes off as a right selfish tit.

Aye, it's a given got amazing scoring abilities. But it's also a given that he could improve his work ethic; I get the feeling he's not getting picked because he comes off as a right prat a lot of the time. He can score goals, no doubt about it, and probably would have buried that chance yesterday. But contrast his personality with that of Coisty's and you may understand why he gets "overlooked".

If Iwelumo buries that chance yeterday, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Face it, his miss was a pure fluke; I'll bet he buries the same opportunity 999 times out of 1000. Frankly, I was very impressed by his work rate yesterday - he certainly offers far more than Boyd in that area. Whether Iwelumo is cut from the "Heidless Chicken" school of strikers (a la JCD) remains to be seen, but I would have no problems as gaffer giving him another chance.

KB is really the master of his own destiny, and always has been. If he worked harder at his game and sorted his ego out, I have no doubts he'd be a regular pick in the Scotland squad. Instead, it's toys oot the pram when he doesn't get chosen. SORT YOUR LIFE OOT KRIS. You have the ability to become a legend, so quit shooting yourself in the foot - get off yer arse, work hard, and get it done!

boyds got the right to do this in my opinion. and good on him.

not gettin a game over that f**kin tube, in a game you need a goal.

i also think hed like to say it to walter, however he must know it would be the end at rangers for him if he done so.

There was stat in the paper today in the 83 games he has started with Rangers he has scored 74 goals. Is there another striker in europe just now with that kind of return?

You have to remember we got Boyd for 250k, a fucking bargain considering. If we sell Boyd and his goals he guaruntees how much will it cost to pay for the striker we believe Boyd should be?

I hear everyone on here saying Boyd should be faster, fitter, better at holding the ball up, heading, passing, fuck i've even heard a trick or two said. Yes he can improve but unfortunately for 250k you cannot buy Ronaldo. The will always be a limited player but the only one in our country with a natural gift of knowing where the net is. You can run 100m in 10 secnds and be built like a shithoose but you can't teach the special talent Boyd has.

There was stat in the paper today in the 83 games he has started with Rangers he has scored 74 goals. Is there another striker in europe just now with that kind of return?

You have to remember we got Boyd for 250k, a fucking bargain considering. If we sell Boyd and his goals he guaruntees how much will it cost to pay for the striker we believe Boyd should be?

I hear everyone on here saying Boyd should be faster, fitter, better at holding the ball up, heading, passing, fuck i've even heard a trick or two said. Yes he can improve but unfortunately for 250k you cannot buy Ronaldo. The will always be a limited player but the only one in our country with a natural gift of knowing where the net is. You can run 100m in 10 secnds and be built like a shithoose but you can't teach the special talent Boyd has.

But for £650k you can buy an ever-improving and incredibly professional Henrik Larsson.

Do we not want Boyd to better himself in case he gets sold? I find that mindset nothing short of baffling.

Can he not just work hard on what he's lacking, instead of everyone else changing their game for him? COME ON, DIFFERENT PLAYERS SUIT DIFFERENT SYSTEMS, IF HE DOESNT SUIT WHY KEEP HIM AT RANGERS AND SELECT HIM FOR SCOTLAND. HARLDY HIS FAULT WHE RANGERS TURNED DOWN A BID AND SCOTLAND KEEP GIVING HIM FALSE HOPE BEFORE THEN USE HIM AS SCAPEGOAT TO DEFLECT BURLEYS OWN SHORTCOMINGS

JUST CAUSE BROADFOOT RUNS AND RUNS, HIS TOUCH, MOBILITY AND PASSING ABILITY ARE WORSE THAN BOYDS

THATS JUST BULL. HE HAS IMPROVED IN THOSE AREAS BUT WILL NEVER BE A HATELY OR MOLS IN THOSE AREAS BECAUSE HIS NATURAL TALENT IS NOT HOLD UP PLAY PASSING ABILITY, SKILLFULLY TRAPPING AND TWISTING DEFENDERS INSIDE OUT LIKE MOLS BUT ABOUT FINDING THE BACK OF THE NET

But for £650k you can buy an ever-improving and incredibly professional Henrik Larsson.

Do we not want Boyd to better himself in case he gets sold? I find that mindset nothing short of baffling.

Mate Larsson was one in a million, you should know that. I have said he should better himself and strive to improve, i'm not saying otherwise. But for what we paid for him, 250k!! to score 74 in 83 starts is frightening. Why Burley never put him on is mind baffling.

Boyd may not be the most physical player but he has that two yards in his head. Just look at his anticipation in the cup final to get us out of trouble, he is the only player in our team with that kind of poachers instinct.

I beleive Miller is the perfect foil for him as he will run his cnut in all day for the cause. Allowing Boyd to do what he does best. And with the quality we now have in midfield with Mendes, Ferguson, Thomson I beleive we can afforf that luxury.

Fuck this topic could start a fight in an empty hoose!! lol

Is your keyboard broken?

Anyway.

HARLDY HIS FAULT WHE RANGERS TURNED DOWN A BID AND SCOTLAND KEEP GIVING HIM FALSE HOPE BEFORE THEN USE HIM AS SCAPEGOAT TO DEFLECT BURLEYS OWN SHORTCOMINGS

Can you tell me where you fabricated this absolute bullshit from? Is Boyd getting blamed for that defeat yesterday? If he is, can you please forward me the link?

Mate Larsson was one in a million, you should know that. I have said he should better himself and strive to improve, i'm not saying otherwise. But for what we paid for him, 250k!! to score 74 in 83 starts is frightening. Why Burley never put him on is mind baffling.

Boyd may not be the most physical player but he has that two yards in his head. Just look at his anticipation in the cup final to get us out of trouble, he is the only player in our team with that kind of poachers instinct.

I beleive Miller is the perfect foil for him as he will run his cunt in all day for the cause. Allowing Boyd to do what he does best. And with the quality we now have in midfield with Mendes, Ferguson, Thomson I beleive we can afforf that luxury.

Iwelumo's miss was a one in a million, and for some reason it's caused yet another Boyd debate.

I beleive Miller is the perfect foil for him as he will run his cunt in all day for the cause. Allowing Boyd to do what he does best. And with the quality we now have in midfield with Mendes, Ferguson, Thomson I beleive we can afforf that luxury.

Iwelumo's miss was a one in a million, and for some reason it's caused yet another Boyd debate.

Well Blame Iwelumo then!!! :lol:

It is obvious there are fair arguments for and against Boyd and it is clearly 50/50 amogst the fans. Away from home against tougher oppositon I agree we need more technical and players with more agilty to play to hold the ball in and take pressure of the defence. But at home or against "lesser" opposition where you are going to spend the majority of the game on the front foot then boyd is a must.