Kris Boyd

biotechnology

295 members have voted

1. 1. STAY OR GO

• STAY
    • GO

Then thing is I'd rather have us score 2-3 goals a game consistently with Boyd in the team than score 4-5 in some games without but also have games where we score no goals and lose to shit like St Mirren. The other striking combinations are just not consistent enough.

I think that's a barmy way to look at it.

Boyd wouldn't have made a jot of difference against St Mirren. Our two main chances in the game fell to him after he came on, and they were fluffed.

You also suggest that we'd score more goals per game with Boyd in the team, but that's been proven as a fallacy so far this season. He's not managed as much as a kick of the ball in our two best games this term, and when he played those 2-3 games in a row at the start of the season, his overall performance level was poor. Although in typical Boyd fashion, he scored the goals v Killie.

I'd rather we just won games. As I said yesterday (and this isn't aimed at you Bris), I often get the feeling on here that people support Kris Boyd instead of supporting Rangers.

It's odd.

He looked far more likely to score than the others and I believe that had he been on from the start we'd already have won the game, but that's purely hypothetical.

I don't support Boyd unconditionally but despite limited starts this season he has still outscored any other striker in the squad except for Miller. I therefore think that Miller and Boyd should start.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then thing is I'd rather have us score 2-3 goals a game consistently with Boyd in the team than score 4-5 in some games without but also have games where we score no goals and lose to shit like St Mirren. The other striking combinations are just not consistent enough.

Boyd wouldn't have made a jot of difference against St Mirren. Our two main chances in the game fell to him after he came on, and they were fluffed.

You also suggest that we'd score more goals per game with Boyd in the team, but that's been proven as a fallacy so far this season. He's not managed as much as a kick of the ball in our two best games this term, and when he played those 2-3 games in a row at the start of the season, his overall performance level was poor. Although in typical Boyd fashion, he scored the goals v Killie.

I'd rather we just won games. As I said yesterday (and this isn't aimed at you Bris), I often get the feeling on here that people support Kris Boyd instead of supporting Rangers.

It's odd.

I see where you are coming from with that actually, but, I also think (and I am not actually including you in this) that some on here dont see the positive aspects he brings which actually contribute to our success, which is also odd :)

Stupid poll in my eyes!

Why-It maybe is to you but is a bone of contention to many regular RM punters.Just fancied seeing what many feel one way or the other.

I feel he is making an arse of his career & Rangers fans with his take me as you find me attitude & not being interested in getting fitter & more mobile.

Yes he will score goals but if you really think about it if he was really any good he would be playing in the EPL or regularly with us & SCOTLAND.

if he goes he will just go down south somewhere get regular games and score a shit load of goals

the guy needs a break and get some starts in a row

dunno why managers dislike him so much (he would be a better goal scorer than mcoist)

everyone needs to just get off his back

he left burly (not scotland) for a very valid reason (keeps getting shat on) so whats the point in sitting on the bench for an asshole like him

more people are gonny follow boyd out the scotland door

if he goes he will just go down south somewhere get regular games and score a shit load of goals

the guy needs a break and get some starts in a row

dunno why managers dislike him so much

Very much doubt it. He would never handle it in the Premiership and would struggle in the Championship.

I do, lazy, bad attitude, unwilling to work on his game and improve allround....

all the managers who have handled Boyd,can't all be wrong

Exactly

I disagree Muff, Boyd is the type of player i think will score loads anywhere, even if he plays shite basicly every game.

The point about the different managers is a fair one but none of them have actually come out of it with great success, Scotland didn't qualify for euro 2008 and we haven't won the title in the time Boyd has been there. So while all the managers have made this stance over him it hasn't done them much good in the long run given that the people playing instead of him haven't done a much better job. Cousin playing over Boyd was probably the only one i agreed with, the rest like Darcheville, McCulloch, McFadden etc have done no worse than him alot of the time.

It's odd.

One saved by the keeper and one hits the post hardly fluffed :rolleyes:

Absolutely Go! the sooner the better.all the managers who have handled Boyd,can't all be wrong.

that would be

Eck - who was roundly slated

PLG - who was roundly slated

Walter - who IS being roundly slated

Burley - guess????

We slate the managers for their "bizarre selections, formations and tactics, then, choose to decide they are correct in their views on a particular player because of their what? knowledge? managerial skills? because it suits someones personal agenda

You cant make double standards like that up haha

Absolutely Go! the sooner the better.all the managers who have handled Boyd,can't all be wrong.

that would be

Burley - guess????

We slate the managers for their "bizarre selections, formations and tactics, then, choose to decide they are correct in their views on a particular player because of their what? knowledge? managerial skills? because it suits someones personal agenda

be fair he was murdered :)

that would be

Burley - guess????

In all fairness, PLG worked Boyd (and Adam) into the best conditions they've ever been in AND started them no-questions-asked in the UEFA Cup Group. Even after bagging a couple against Livorno and Auxerre (both away), Boyd repaid the guy by stabbing him in the back in public with his '6 fingered salute' celebration v Motherwell.

Quite poor, makes me futher question his attitude.