***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

I'm really struggling in the game atm, only made a few signings as I had £1million to spend. Basically have the original team for Rangers, does anybody recommend any formations and styles to play in the leagues as I seem to be losing in them very frequently.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4-3-3 standard preset is a good one for the SPL. Then just tweak it to how you want to play, and especially bring the bar up to attacking play. Thomson in the DM position, Mendes and Barry in the centre. Sell Davis. He's bollocks in the game somehow.

Boyd lone striker. Beasley/Laff/Fleck in a few years on the left. On the right Novo or retrain Miller to an AMR.

The 4-3-3 standard preset is a good one for the SPL. Then just tweak it to how you want to play, and especially bring the bar up to attacking play. Thomson in the DM position, Mendes and Barry in the centre. Sell Davis. He's bollocks in the game somehow.

Boyd lone striker. Beasley/Laff/Fleck in a few years on the left. On the right Novo or retrain Miller to an AMR.

Cheers mate, shall try it.

I'm playing 4-4-2 and winning most games, also beat Athletico Madrid in the champions league 1-0.

McGregor in goals

Belletti (onloan from chelsea), Broadfoot, Bougherra, Insua (onloan from Liverpool)

Davis, Mendes, Ferguson, Adam (Top scorer!)

Boyd, Fletcher (2 Million from Hibs)

Just got this today. Trying out a few players in different positions. First two games I played:

Mcgregor

McMillan Bougherra Harvey Papac

----------Thomson Davis -----------

Aaron---------------------------Fleck

Miller Lafferty

Won 3-1 and 2-0. Miller scored 4 in 2 :P

just finished first season with wigan in 14th.

good side in my eyes, signed kerrison and berra in january and they really helped out!

berra has come on leaps and bounds in my game, hes now my captain, my team has turned out quite well now that I sold Thomson for £15Million, Davis for £17Million and Boyd for £7.5Million

just finished first season with wigan in 14th.

good side in my eyes, signed kerrison and berra in january and they really helped out!

berra has come on leaps and bounds in my game, hes now my captain, my team has turned out quite well now that I sold Thomson for £15Million, Davis for £17Million and Boyd for £7.5Million

tried to sign boyd for wigan but they wouldnt sell. need a new left back and someone a bit special for the new season

What season are you all on and how do you train a player to play in another position?

Just about to start my 3rd with Rangers (tu) Won 2IAR.

Go into the players profile and then go into training/overview which should be on the left hand side. Under "new position" select the position which you want your player to learn (tu) Make sure your player gets games there to help him learn.

I just started a Rangers career. I really like playing in the championship so i started a couple of games there e.g reading,Qpr and Watford. Its really fun up untill the 3rd season where it gets boring. (tu) cheers for the position thing.

Don't sell Davis!

I've signed two whole new teams, yet Davis is still my best player.

He goes for ridiculous amounts of money as well.

Don't sell Davis!

I've signed two whole new teams, yet Davis is still my best player.

He goes for ridiculous amounts of money as well.

True, to think i sold him for a measley 5-7 mill in my ranger team, and had to pay 15-20 for him when i joined Aston Villa, whata player man honestly.

Agbonlahor is banging in goals for me just now like Keirrson, dont even have a place for Gignac atm and he was last season premiership top scorer :S

Just about to start my 4th season, so far Arsenal have won almost every trophy goin, doing 3 in a row

Last season i came a pathetic 8th when 2 more points would have put me 4th

Hopefully i now have a side that can challenge at the top

spoorsbb5.th.png