***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had Paul Robinson sittin the bench for 3 seasons straight, never made an appearance for Blackburn :lol: - Ustari is the man, he is No1 Argentinian goalkeeper now and it being touted across the globe. I dont wanna sell any of my players though. My Team are gonna be the best in europe soon.

good luck with that :craphead:

How the fuck do you get staff to join you at International level? :(

go to a certain coach and there is a option to offer them a job at international aswell

I meant what kinda staff do you go for :P

My job offers keep getting declined :(

Started again with Swansea, got Terry Dixon who is actually quite good and some other French players (Tremoulinas).

Septic wanted one of my players for less than his value and offered a friendly (Which would have gotten me a lot of cash).

Fuck off.

Don't you just love Veloso in your midfield, what a player

Fuck knows.

I can't afford him! Death :anguish:

had a decent first season but he is on fire, keeping Cesc out the team 13 games 7 goals 4 assists from a Dm

well spent 13 million

Ustari is on fire thank god I decided to play him :D

Ah, the end of season dilemma.

Keep my quadruple winning side together or rip it apart? Well, I'm keeping it together this year.

Felt like I needed a AM (R/L/C) to compliment what I had and as hit F5 for player search, Ivan Rakitic comes up on a Bosman at 23 years old.

Thank you God :D

Got him on a free with bolton in a game was AMAZING at left mid and i was the croatia boss so i made him captain even with his low influence attribute, muahahahahha.

Ok, so i've started my new career with man city on the new patch

So far Ive brought in Rat, Fleck, Gignac, Srna, Palombo and Kev Thomson for a combined £41Million

I have £45Million left and I really need a top class striker, I couldnt get Aguero, Kanoute or Villa, anyone got ideas? Ive got an offer pending for Pandev and I could probably get him but im not so sure

Ive played 2 games just now, a euro qualifier and a friendly, wee fleck came on for robinho in the second half of the euro tie and scored a cracker from a really tight angle of the far post and in! Gignac scored on his debut also and in the friendly, I figured him as more of a squad player though as im playing one up front

citytrans.png

Ok, so i've started my new career with man city on the new patch

So far Ive brought in Rat, Fleck, Gignac, Srna, Palombo and Kev Thomson for a combined £41Million

I have £45Million left and I really need a top class striker, I couldnt get Aguero, Kanoute or Villa, anyone got ideas? Ive got an offer pending for Pandev and I could probably get him but im not so sure

Ive played 2 games just now, a euro qualifier and a friendly, wee fleck came on for robinho in the second half of the euro tie and scored a cracker from a really tight angle of the far post and in! Gignac scored on his debut also and in the friendly, I figured him as more of a squad player though as im playing one up front

citytrans.png

first of all bad move selling ireland he is immense for your striker try ballotelli from inter got him for 13m in my arsenal game failing that then marquinhos is a steal at 6-10m.

A trivial enquiry, but has anyone been able to sign David Beckham in this game?

Offered him megabucks to sign for my Club World Championship winning Arsenal side, to no avail. I wonder if you can actually buy him or if they've programmed him to stay at the Galaxy no matter the offer..

my dad has managed to sign him for Rangers

i will load his up actually, have a look at how much he cost....2 mins

newcastle signed him at the start of my game for £4.5M rising to £5M

1st league game of the season, beat wigan 3-2 at home after going 1-0 down, conceded in the 89th minute after being 3-1 up. Beat newcastle 1-0 at st james park in the 2nd and at home for the 3rd, 2-0 down to fulham after 20 minutes :anguish: end the first half well, get tore into the players at half time, fleck comes right out and scores, SWP scores 2 then gignac comes off the bench to score the 4th, 4-2 :D great team spirit

Rite gonna start a new game with Rangers, usually don't like managing Rangers as I hate losing with them and I don't like making it too unrealistic but here it goes anyway. Who should I sell to get some good transfer money? Defo not selling Thommo, I find he's class in other saves when he goes to the premiership so keeping him!

Btw, using patch 9.1.0 as I couldn't be bothered patching it to 9.2.0 and mines is a pirate copy and can't seem to find a crack for the new as of yet, *cough* so if anyone has one pm me plz.*cough*