Is there a 'best player in the world'?

Danny

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also why has brazillian ronaldo never been mentioned, he was an exceptional player

He was. His career stats are actually frightening.

I posted something simialr about him a few weeks ago. Barring injury he would have been the best ever imo, he had absolutely everything.

I cannot believe that deco has been mentioned as the best footballer in the world. there are plenty of players currently better than him = gerrard, pirlo, xavi, iniesta etc and they are only ones i mention in his position. then you have torres, ronaldo, kaka, messi, villa, silva, rooney, berbatov, sneijder, van der vaart etc etc etc

Are you seriously suggesting Pirlo is currently better than Deco?

1: Pirlo's injured.

2: Last time he played well was against France in 2006.

To dismiss Deco is outright ignorance.

Are you suggesting deco is playing the best football of his life right now?

Im merely suggesting that Pirlo, at points in his career, has been/is better than deco. Its just when most people think of the greatest players in the world, deco isnt the obvious choice and barely ever mentioned. but ive never seen him in real life so who am i to judge!

I cannot believe that deco has been mentioned as the best footballer in the world. there are plenty of players currently better than him = gerrard, pirlo, xavi, iniesta etc and they are only ones i mention in his position. then you have torres, ronaldo, kaka, messi, villa, silva, rooney, berbatov, sneijder, van der vaart etc etc etc

He's the best player in England by form right now.

Im merely suggesting that Pirlo, at points in his career, has been/is better than deco. Its just when most people think of the greatest players in the world, deco isnt the obvious choice and barely ever mentioned. but ive never seen him in real life so who am i to judge!

But I'm only meaning right now.

But I'm only meaning right now.

hasnt he been injured for over a month? id have to disagree and say gerrard is playing better. also i think alonso is a classy player and no im not a liverpool fan!

We rarely disagree old friend, but I am really struggling to agree with that.

Well it is all about opinions :)

The best player in the world though has to be Fabregas for me

Then why can't he start for Spain?

Fabregas is the best in this world he just can't break into the Spanish midfield because the rest of those players are from another planet :craphead:

Fabregas is the best in this world he just can't break into the Spanish midfield because the rest of those players are from another planet :craphead:

Haha :D

Do they qualify for Spain because of their grannies?

Yep, they were probed and inseminated :P

Just thinking, they do :unsure:

We are allowed to believe that a GK can be the best in the world right? I honestlly think Casillas is the best in the world...

Def: John Terry

Mid: Kaka

Fwd: David Villa... :blush:

Why the blush after David Villa? He is by far and away the most destructive striker in the world at the moment.

Casillas is gash ya nutter

Oh dear. Do you watch a lot of Spanish football?

We are allowed to believe that a GK can be the best in the world right? I honestlly think Casillas is the best in the world...

Def: John Terry

Mid: Kaka

Fwd: David Villa... :blush:

Why the blush after David Villa? He is by far and away the most destructive striker in the world at the moment.

Casillas is gash ya nutter

Oh dear. Do you watch a lot of Spanish football?

Or any Football...?

How come nobody has mentioned Christian Dailly?

Seriously though, I think you have to look at what a player did for the game in terms of revolutionizing a position, or being the "face of the club." In this regard, Beckenbauer revolutionized the game, just as Cruyff did, Pele, Best, Maradona, etc. And I don't think that the standard of league is a good argument when discussing Cruyff or Pele. Yeah the Dutch and Brazilian leagues weren't the best in the world, but those two guys also were miles ahead of everybody in competitions like the World Cup.