****The Official Rangers v Dundee United Thread***

Muff

I know some posters are annoyed that we are getting beat and tensions are running high, but I have read some amount of shit in this thread tonight.

But this defeat will end our hopes of winning the league. We're basically out the running. Walter out.

I didn't fancy us to win the league at the start of the year, and 2 defeats (and a draw) before the 5th of November doesn't inspire me.

Especially when Celtic are picking up wins regardless of how many players they have out, or how shit the are playing.

Doesn't bode well!

And we've also beat them at the girodome. Thats adv. Rangers I'd say.

Great, so we've got a team that fancies it against Celtic and against SPL dross at home?

Falkirk should have beat us, Killie had us down at home until the 75th minute, drew v Aberdeen and beaten off St Mirren and then Dundee Utd at home?

Not good enough if you ask me!

So Celtic play poorly and get results, yet your slating us for struggling against Falkirk and Killie and still winning? 3-3 tonight so we're now only 2 points behind them. Wow a huge unreachable lead.

The thing is, Celtic have walked their last few games with no strike force available AND while they've been involved in the CL.

3-3 against Dundee Utd at home is utter pish, no matter how much you suger coat it.

Advantage Celtic, and we've got a hard away game come Sunday.

Aye, that 5-0 win at the weekend was a real tough game! You make it sound like we're playing awful in every game. We've actually looked very comfortable in the last few games. Tonights game is not good enough, but its hardly worth giving up on the title for. Complete overreaction.

SPL dross at home Kev. Along with Falkirk, St Mirren, Hamilton etc, I expect to beat them at home.

The teams we normally struggle against such as Motherwell, Hearts and Aberdeen are the games we'll need to win in order to trump Celtic.

Celtic have struggled with the SPL dross too. They were very very lucky vs St Mirrin mind (much like last season). Stop being all doom and gloom papa! Its not healthy!

But they get the job done, we don't.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcgregor should be dropped.

totally agree hes makin far to many silly mistakes, alexander shud never hav bin dropped in the first place

i agree with that one. Keeps our first clean sheet in half a dozen games with some good saves and then what does he get for that? Dropped for mcgregor. Shambles, mcgregor is the better keeper but an on form average keeper can be better than an off form good keeper and imo alexander should be in goals for us. Yet again though we seem to have loads of possession and shots on goal but just cant score the goals we need. We had more than double the shots they had yet we just about scraped the draw. Its not the end of the world but walter needs to sort himself out. Bringing ferguson on with 8mins to go and lafferty with 3mins to go. What the hell is that all about. He should have been making changes long before that and should have brought lafferty on and played him up front with miller and boyd.

i fucking hate it when ppl walk out of the game early. wat kind of fans are they? dont deserve to be at ibrox

That talk annoys me.

How do they not 'deserve' to be there? They've paid money for a season ticket ffs! Considering the horrendous travel situation in Glasgow tonight, you can't blame them! Admittedly I'd never leave early, but you can't say anyone doesn't deserve to be there!!

because in my eyes a true supporter stays till the end and not just walk out when things are not looking so good. if your not going to back your team till the end u shouldnt go at all

Some people need to work in the morning.

Depending on where you live, staying the extra 5 mins to the end can add on a shitload of travel time home.

i see where your coming from but its only when we're losing that you see loads of people walking out early. i just hate the sight of loads of gers fans walking out when the team is still on the pitch trying to salvage anything from a match.

What a poor, poor result.

I've not seen this game, only heard it on the radio... for those that have seen it though.. how was Weir? I'm feeling the need to blame it all on him at the moment.

i fucking hate it when ppl walk out of the game early. wat kind of fans are they? dont deserve to be at ibrox

That talk annoys me.

How do they not 'deserve' to be there? They've paid money for a season ticket ffs! Considering the horrendous travel situation in Glasgow tonight, you can't blame them! Admittedly I'd never leave early, but you can't say anyone doesn't deserve to be there!!

because in my eyes a true supporter stays till the end and not just walk out when things are not looking so good. if your not going to back your team till the end u shouldnt go at all

So these folk are not true supporters despite forking out £££'s, turning up on a freezing night & facing hours on the road just to get home???? doh

Like I say, I would stay to the end, but I can understand why they leave early.

That talk annoys me.

Depending on where you live, staying the extra 5 mins to the end can add on a shitload of travel time home.

i see where your coming from but its only when we're losing that you see loads of people walking out early. i just hate the sight of loads of gers fans walking out when the team is still on the pitch trying to salvage anything from a match.

i hate it to, but they (me sometimes) still deserve to be there just as much as anyone else....

i hate waiting in that subway que, also hate sitting in the car aswell...

That talk annoys me.

I never walk out if we're getting beat or it's on a knifedge, I expect more to walk out when were 5-0 up!

So much so that until tonight we were on the same points as them? Come on man! We're 2 points behind! The amount of people giving up on the league tonight is embarrassing.

We can still do it. Wouldn't be as optimistic if not for Thommo's late goal, but DU is a bogey team for us for sure. Just have to stop making stupid mistakes, 'cause Septic doesn't seem to shoot themselves in the feet nearly as often (unless it's against us. Bwa-ha.).

So much so that until tonight we were on the same points as them? Come on man! We're 2 points behind! The amount of people giving up on the league tonight is embarrassing.

didnt u post earlier saying we are out of the running :huh:

That talk annoys me.

So these folk are not true supporters despite forking out £££'s, turning up on a freezing night & facing hours on the road just to get home???? doh

Like I say, I would stay to the end, but I can understand why they leave early.

ok maybe saying they dont deserve to be at ibrox is a bit harsh but you should really stay till the end and get behind your team.

That talk annoys me.

i hate it to, but they (me sometimes) still deserve to be there just as much as anyone else....

My dad used to make us leave 5 mins early just to miss the traffic. I used to hate it but if we didn't it would add an hour onto the journey home. Once we left Ibrox we had a half hour + walk to to the car and an hour and a half drive home (add on an hour or so for traffic)

You could say people who travel all that way just to go to the game are true fans, and not just the ones who live in Glasgow and have a 15 min subway journey.

Either way, how far you travel or what time you leave doesn't determine if you're a "true fan" :P

I've not seen this game, only heard it on the radio... for those that have seen it though.. how was Weir? I'm feeling the need to blame it all on him at the moment.

Mac spilled an easy save to give away the winning difference. Weir wasn't solid, but that one goal saved would have won us the match in the end.

That talk annoys me.

My dad used to make us leave 5 mins early just to miss the traffic. I used to hate it but if we didn't it would add an hour onto the journey home. Once we left Ibrox we had a half hour + walk to to the car and an hour and a half drive home (add on an hour or so for traffic)

You could say people who travel all that way just to go to the game are true fans, and not just the ones who live in Glasgow and have a 15 min subway journey.

Either way, how far you travel or what time you leave doesn't determine if you're a "true fan" :P

i didnt even think about it that way. my bad. :craphead:

ok maybe saying they dont deserve to be at ibrox is a bit harsh but you should really stay till the end and get behind your team.

(tu) That's more like it mate. Listen, I wasn't having a go at you as such, just didn't like that last bit. Totally agree....when your chasing a game like that you want everyone behind the team!!

That talk annoys me.

(tu) Thing is as well, tonight, it might take you 45 mins to get out of the ground, and half an hour to get over the kngston Bridge....by which time the Oasis fans will be heading out of the SECC!

Nightmare!!!!

The passing for periods was sublime, some of the play was top class.

Just a shame the defence was shite. Well Weir was. McGregor has no command of his box at all, we always look like conceding from corners and free kicks.

Boyd scored twice but was rulled offside, looked questionable from where i was sitting but i could be wrong.

What a load of shite.

That defence is an absolute shambles, complete school-boy stuff the way we couldn't clear our lines. Every time they went up the park they looked like scoring, and they could have done so a few more times. I haven't seen the highlights, but I wasn't convinced by McGregor either yet again. We just don't have a dominant presence in our back line.

The changes were a joke aswell. Bringing Ferguson on with 10 minutes left and Lafferty with 5... what use is that? So they rescue a point? Not fucking good enough! It needed changed much, much earlier. We sign a near enough £4m striker, we're in need of a couple of goals so he gets the last 5 minutes? Ridiculous. Bringing Ferguson on only limited our threat aswell in my opinion, as we were far too narrow.

As for the referee and linesman... fuck me gently! How they get away with performing like that - and they will get away with it - is beyond me. Like I said, I haven't seen any replays, but surely one of those three offside decisions were onside? On two of the three occasions the ball ended up in the net, and the other time Boyd was left with an empty net. So basically, the linesman cost us three goals in the space of about 20 minutes. I'm not sure if they were the correct decisions or not, but I was just about online with it and I certainly didn't think they were offside. We should have known what kind of night we were in for with that cheating bastard of a linesman within the first 10 minutes or so, when we dinked a ball into the box which both Davis and Boyd went for. Boyd was offside, but Davis was onside yet the linesman still flagged despite it being Davis who took control of the ball. He didn't even wait to see who took the ball, or to see if Boyd was interfering - which he wasn't - the flag just went up straight away.

Overall I'm absolutely disgusted with just about everything tonight. The players, the manager, the fans, the decisions, the officials. There was one light at the end of the tunnel and that was Steven Davis.

I saw the game so lets start with mcGregor 4 shots on target 3 goals get Alexander back in

That talk annoys me.

i didnt even think about it that way. my bad. :craphead:

Anyway.

You're sitting on an internet forum having a go at people who were actually AT the game! Do you see irony here? Don't question anyone's committment to the cause because they leave early.

They could easily turn round and call you a part-timer for not being there, but like me, you probably have a good reason not be there.

Just as they have a perfectly good reason to leave a few minutes earlier.