Lee McCulloch - centre back

Muff

I think today's performance showed that he's simply not a centre back. He had it easy in the 1st half but was woeful in the 2nd.

He has no positional sence, he's too slow, clumsy, did not look comfortable, dithers on the ball, along with Broadfoot was at fault for the St. Mirren goal. He struggled when anyone ran at him, especially Dargo and he lost out in the air to him a few times aswell. He did make 1 or 2 good blocks but gave away quite a few fouls. He's never a CB, infact he's never a footballer - get him back where he belongs. Running around in the reserves.

I would hate to see him in that position again, especially against a better side. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

We have seen him play there once - never again please Walter!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is never a centre half in a million years.

It reminds me of when Dion Dublin moved to centre half at Leicester. He looked relatively physical enough for the role, but his reading of the game just wasnt there. McCulloch is the exact same. He doesnt understand how strikers move, how they anticipate things and how they integrate with their midfield runner.

It's simply an attempt at giving his dressing room joker some sort of role at the club as well as trying to cover his shortcomings in the transfer market. Do you really think he'd go to this bother to fit him in if his name was Thierry McCulleguet and he was left over from the PLG era? No, me neither.

The thought of him even playing there against the likes of Lee Miller, Steven Fletcher, Sandanza....is frightening. Mediocre players but they'd tear him a new arse.

That was one of the worst defences I have seen in a long time.

i NEVER want to see that defence again. It was awful, just think a year ago we were playing hutton cuellar weir papac and today we had broadfoot mcculloch weir whittaker. The difference in quality between the 2 is quite staggering. Lee mcculloch, pish up front, even worse at left midfield, woeful in central midfield and worse than fecking svensson at centre back( at least he had some positional sense) Sort it out walter you are NOT going to win anything playing mcculloch anywhere on the pitch. I would rather have dailly in there, at least hes a natural defender ffs.

He was alright for the first 75 minutes or so, its clear he was told to keep it simple, but surely we had better options than mcculloch? Im surprised they never had mehmet up against him more often, its obvious he struggled when dargo and wyness came on, two very decent SPL strikers

I missed the game as I was working, never got a chance to hear the line up or the final scores until now...

This is a fuckin shocker. WTF is going on at Rangers Football Club?

Its becoming a laughing stock.

Who the fuck picks this team? Romanov?

Its worrying that Walter Smith is prepared to play McCulloch, well out of position, at centre back, when we had a 'better' option of playing Daily there for today.

Yet, he's not willing to play the likes of Aaron in a position (Left midfield) that needs much improvment, but he'd rather settle for Charlie Adam there instead.

<cr>

He didn't do a lot wrong today but not a lot right either.

He cleared things and won headers that the striker didn't contest for? Not that impressive.

What was unimpressive was his needless foul, not winning headers, Dargo troubling him, giving dangerous balls to the midfield and him causing the goal to some extent.

However lets not forgot that he seems to have improved on his pointing skills, so well done Lee.

Whether today had Lee having a stormer or not, this was wrong. It was wrong that McMillan was not on the pitch, if St Mirren was poor enough for Lee McCulloch who has only played at centre back for a few months then why not McMillan? It was wrong that we had a failed striker, wide midfielder and central midfielder at centre half? It makes us a laughing stock. - Lets be clear, this was and is no Dion Dublin or if I dare say... a Chris Sutton conversion. Yes, he done ok but ok isn't good enough and he wasn't tested remember everyone who thought that was acceptable as a decision to play him there or deemed that performance acceptable.

I can't believe we're even discussing it to be honest.

Murray Park - What's the point?

(tu)

McCulloch at centre-half is a damming indictment of Murray park

Its a 'damming indictment' of Walter Smith (tu)

I can't believe we're even discussing it to be honest.

Murray Park - What's the point?

(tu)

McCulloch at centre-half is a damming indictment of Murray park

Its a 'damming indictment' of Walter Smith (tu)

He'd rather find a place in defence for a 30 year old, not good enough for midfield or upfront than give a player like McMillan a chance.

Fuck you Waltersauras!

He didn't do a lot wrong today but not a lot right either.

He cleared things and won headers that the striker didn't contest for? Not that impressive.

What was unimpressive was his needless foul, not winning headers, Dargo troubling him, giving dangerous balls to the midfield and him causing the goal to some extent.

overly harsh